SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Once they became Boston Bruins they were no longer vile and disgusting.

Right, only vile.

Looked like the Bruins found out what NJ did after both dominated the Canes in game 1. Probably a close series for the rest of the way. Got to hope those bounces and last second miracle goals don't fall for the Canes again.

That's sort of what I was fishing for. That's why I think it's silly to hate players just because they play for a certain team. To root against a team because they're in direct competion with a team that you root for is one thing, but to actually hate the players on the rival team for no other reason than the mere fact that they play for that team is over the top IMHO. As much as I detest NDSU, I really can't say there are any specific players that I find to be despicable as individuals. I just hate the team that they play for.

most all rivalries at then end of the day are between the fans for 90% of the rivalry. you will have a few players that dislike eachother and thats fine but most all played with or against eachother up until college and spend of seasons conditioning as well. my % is focusing more before and after the game itself as we all know during that 60 minutes friendships are pushed to the side and the tradition of the rivalry is all that matters! i cant stand ndsu , u of arizona as a whole or gopher hockey. i would never ever cheer for them if it was my last option for anything and i hope they would say the same thing regarding the sioux. its a different ballgame when players leave for the pros. some players fans may dislike more than others but a good fan can respect the talent of any player no matter what team they play for.

most all players that play for the sioux, gophers, denver, uw and so on all played together at some point in a select team, all star team, juniors, midgets ect........tons of gophers/sioux/uw/scsu players work out together in off seasons especially when most are from minnesota and live there in the summers. the bruins took one on the chin last night. good game by carolina. ryan bayda > wheeler/kessel :D:)

If I am not mistaken Oshie was the player working out with Wheeler in the off season but I could be wrong.

Yeah most of these kids know each other.

But doesn't it make you feel like somewhat of a hypocrite to change your opinion of a player just because that player changed the jersey on his back? Honest question, not intended as smack.

They're still the same guys they were before. It must make you somewhat uncomfortable at the very least. I know I would feel a conflict of interest if the Green Bay Packers were to someday end up with a couple of former NDSU Bison in their starting lineup.

NOPE

Back on the topic of former players, does anyone know how our former Sioux are doing over at the World tourney? Since I lost the website and I am too lazy to look for it right now. You guys are so much faster, you can just give me the website.

Stafford and Blake are both having a good tournament and you can find the team stats at this link:

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/200/IHM2000USA_83_6_0.pdf

They meet Finland in one of the Wednesday Quarterfinals, afternoon game.

Stafford and Blake are both having a good tournament and you can find the team stats at this link:

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/200/IHM2000USA_83_6_0.pdf

They meet Finland in one of the Wednesday Quarterfinals, afternoon game.

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Quarterfinals set at worlds

The U.S. lost to the Swiss in overtime, but got a critical point for sending the game to OT, which has played the Americans as the No. 3 seed out of their pool for the quarterfinals.

The Canadians also lost in overtime, but got a critical point for sending the game to OT to win the pool and avoid the Americans in the first round.

Wednesday's quarterfinals:

Russia vs. Belarus

U.S. vs. Finland

Thursday's quarterfinals:

Canada vs. Latvia

Sweden vs. Czech Republic

Friday's semifinals:

Russia-Belarus winner vs. U.S.-Finland winner

Canada-Latvia winner vs. Sweden-Czech Republic winner

Well then, maybe you never really hated those players. Which, if my assumption is correct, I commend you for. If you hated them as much as I hate Randy Moss, you would not still be supporting the Bruins... and I don't wish for any fan of any team to have to endure what the Oakland Raiders put me through.

NOPE that's not it.

Well then, maybe you never really hated those players. Which, if my assumption is correct, I commend you for. If you hated them as much as I hate Randy Moss, you would not still be supporting the Bruins... and I don't wish for any fan of any team to have to endure what the Oakland Raiders put me through.

I almost always pull for the ex-college kids to do well in the NHL, but I certainly pay more attention to my favorite UND players. I wasn't a Kessel or Vanek fan, but it is good for the college game to have them succeed in the NHL. There are also ex-UND players that I don't really care for. I don't seek out a Bruins game, but I do seek out the Devils, Blues, 'Hawks...

Geez, just when I gave you props. :D

So you're saying you really did hate those two individuals, and not just the team they played for, when they were in college? If so, I have a hard time understanding how you can do a total 180 just because they're wearing a different jersey now. If in fact it was the players you hated, and not just the team they played for, they are still the same guys regardless of what jersey they put on.

If they were a-holes when they wore an M on their chest, they're still a-holes when they wear a B on their chest. That's why I no longer support the Oakland Raiders. I liked them from the time I was a little kid back in the mid 70's, but when they traded for Randy Moss it was all over. I can't ever root for any team that lowlife POS plays for under any circumstances. I lost all respect for the organization because of the fact that they were willing to sell their souls by climbing into bed with that whore, and I have not watched a Raider game since.

So what is it, Goon? Did you hate Kessel and Wheeler only because they played for the Gophers or was there something about them as individuals that would have made you hate them regardless of what college team they played for? If you hated them as individuals and not just the team they played for, then it is in fact very hypocritical to stop hating them just because they're now playing for your favorite NHL team.

DaveK; you seem to be fishing for some form of self validation? There is going to be none forth coming from me. I am not sure why you want to psychoanalyze me? Does it really matter what I feel about an ex-Gopher Hockey Player? I don

We have to be careful not to impose too many limitations on Gopher hatred. If you hated a gopher when he was playing for UM but like him now that he plays for an NHL team you like, that makes sense to me, because he isn't a gopher anymore. If you hated him then and still hate him, even if he plays for an NHL team you like, that makes sense too because he used to be a gopher and that will never change. As long as you hate gophers, it all works.

I can speak from personal experience when I say gohper hatred has been good for me. I've always known it didn't make much sense, and that used to bother me to the point where I sought treatment. But I have learned to embrace this hatred, and boy what a difference! I no longer kick the dog. I don't threaten my wife with divorce quite as often, and I don't tell my kids they'll have to go to college in Minnesota. I quit chewing my nails. Even if I like Garrison Keillor or the Vikes, I know I am doing my little bit to maintain the natural balance of things by hating the gophs. I don't like the Badgers, but I feel no sacred duty to hate them, so I don't.

If I were Jay Potulny, could I hate the gophs while my sons were playing there? Sure. I would hate hate hate them as gophers, call them names, write them nasty anonymous letters, impune their morals and reputation and still love them as my children. Makes perfect sense.

Hate away. It's OK.

If I were Jay Potulny, could I hate the gophs while my sons were playing there? Sure. I would hate hate hate them as gophers, call them names, write them nasty anonymous letters, impune their morals and reputation and still love them as my children. Makes perfect sense.

Outstanding!

We have to be careful not to impose too many limitations on Gopher hatred. If you hated a gopher when he was playing for UM but like him now that he plays for an NHL team you like, that makes sense to me, because he isn't a gopher anymore. If you hated him then and still hate him, even if he plays for an NHL team you like, that makes sense too because he used to be a gopher and that will never change. As long as you hate gophers, it all works.

I can speak from personal experience when I say gohper hatred has been good for me. I've always known it didn't make much sense, and that used to bother me to the point where I sought treatment. But I have learned to embrace this hatred, and boy what a difference! I no longer kick the dog. I don't threaten my wife with divorce quite as often, and I don't tell my kids they'll have to go to college in Minnesota. I quit chewing my nails. Even if I like Garrison Keillor or the Vikes, I know I am doing my little bit to maintain the natural balance of things by hating the gophs. I don't like the Badgers, but I feel no sacred duty to hate them, so I don't.

Hate away. It's OK.

As my favorite Sioux player always told me:

I hate the gopher players & the coaches & the trainer & the equipment manager & the cheerleaders.

I even hate the zamboni driver.

Just for the record if you multiply your Gopher hatred by a thousand you might begin to realize how much I detest Randy Moss. His "I play hard only when I feel like it" attitude makes him beyond a shadow of a doubt the most dishonorable POS ever to play any sport. He should have been blacklisted from the NFL a long time ago.

randy moss is my favorite player and please with him being blacklisted :D there are players out hitting thier wives, doing hardcore drugs and other crap. funny

randy moss is my favorite player and please with him being blacklisted :D there are players out hitting thier wives, doing hardcore drugs and other crap. funny

In his day I don't think there was a better Wide Reciever. Randy is still pretty good.

Most overrated player of all-time. He only runs one route, down the sideline top speed and then go up for the jump ball. No thanks, give me a WR who is willing to go across the middle to make the tough catch on 3rd and 7.

Most overrated player of all time?? That is laughable...Moss is a game changer. Maybe you want TO on your team??

Most overrated player of all-time. He only runs one route, down the sideline top speed and then go up for the jump ball. No thanks, give me a WR who is willing to go across the middle to make the tough catch on 3rd and 7.

off topic and sorry jim but easily THE most talented wide out we have ever seen in the nfl speed wise, jumping wise and hands wise. sorry. ask any veteran wide out and they will tell yo u the same answer... just because you dont like a player personally you cant knock his talent right? just like gopher players when they turn pro? isnt that similar? dont hate on randy becausae he doesnt do things like you like him to do but i understand you dont like him. when randy gets arrested for spousal abuse, cocaine overdose and arrested for gun posession and other things every other wide out/nfl player does then we can talk. until then some fans and media need to relax

LOL...the defense knows what he's going to do every play and they still can't stop him. I call that domination!

I'll take TO on my team. He may shoot off his big mouth more than he should, but at least he always gives 100% and doesn't go into shutdown mode when the going gets tough. TO on his worst day is ten times the WR that Moss is on his best day. Moss is very effective as a deep threat only, but not a complete WR. In his career he has only been effective when he's the 2nd leading receiver on his team. In Minnesota when he was 2nd to Carter and in New England where he's 2nd to Welker. When counted on to be the go-to guy, during his last couple of years in Minnesota without Carter and during his time in Oakland, he was a trainwreck.

You better do some research bro.

Without Carter Moss did:

2002: 106 rec, 1347 yds, 7 TD

2003: 111 rec 1632 yds, 17 TD (looks like a career year to me...)

2004: 49 rec (13 gms), 767 yds, still put up 13 TD

Considering his highest catch total when Carter was there was 82, I'd say he carried more of the load once he left. Now, go to Wes Welker's stats before 2007 and tell me who's numbers ballooned as a result of Moss on the Pats in 2007.