SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

• 5 weeks later...

Saw that Adam Calder will be playing for a new team over in England. How many other guys off that 1997 Championship team still playing? Curtis Murphy? Either Ulmer brother? Jason Blake sign with anyone yet? Man, that was a fun team to watch.

• 1 month later...

Dell's pro career is off to a rocky start, he was released by the Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Ohh boy....time to find a place to play overseas. Obviously a lot of factors play into a guys decision to leave college early, hopefully it all works out for him in the end. I bet he regrets not leaving after his Sophomore season.

Ohh boy....time to find a place to play overseas. Obviously a lot of factors play into a guys decision to leave college early, hopefully it all works out for him in the end. I bet he regrets not leaving after his Sophomore season.

To me he should have stuck around his senior year at UND and brought his stock up even more perhaps. At the very least he would be playing right now.

I believe this is a linkto pictures to a game that Blood played in.

With the trickle down effect of the lockout some pretty good players are being sent to the East Coast. I initially was shocked Blood was sent down until I made sense of it. He should still in the "A" for the rest of the season now....solid D man.

With the trickle down effect of the lockout some pretty good players are being sent to the East Coast. I initially was shocked Blood was sent down until I made sense of it. He should still in the "A" for the rest of the season now....solid D man.

Take a look at some of those ECHL rosters, there are some good players down there. Joey Crabb scored 26 points for the Toronto Maple Leafs last year, he is now in the ECHL.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd throw it out there....Brock Nelson is having a great start to the year in the "A". Maybe his decision was accurate. He is having a great start (9 pts in 9 games) and the "A" is loaded with talent right now. I'm guessing he makes the big club when the labor dispute is resolved.

Just thought I'd throw it out there....Brock Nelson is having a great start to the year in the "A". Maybe his decision was accurate. He is having a great start (9 pts in 9 games) and the "A" is loaded with talent right now. I'm guessing he makes the big club when the labor dispute is resolved.

I actually was at the Bridgeport game yesterday and Nelson looked like himself. He intercepted a pass in the high slot and then fired one post-and-in to put Bridgeport up 3-2. He was excellent in all zones as well as the face-off circle. Based on what I saw yesterday, he would without a doubt be in the NHL if there wasn't a lockout.

More Brock pub

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=645169

“He’s such a smart hockey player,” Head Coach Scott Pellerin said. “His size, his skating and his positional play is very good. Being a center and having that much range for a young player is so important.”

Nelson was on the ice for every other shift in the waning minutes of Wednesday’s game, as his club clung to a one-goal lead before Niederreiter added an insurance marker.

“He’s playing a lot of quality minutes in all different situations so I’m giving him as much as he can handle,” Pellerin said. “So far he’s handled everything I’ve thrown out.”

Take a look at some of those ECHL rosters, there are some good players down there. Joey Crabb scored 26 points for the Toronto Maple Leafs last year, he is now in the ECHL.

Every year there are great players in the ECHL. It is full of guys who played at good D1 programs who had great numbers there. Then you have all the Major Juniors who had great numbers there. For people that like college hockey they should like the ECHL. I would rather drive up to Vegas and watch the Wranglers than the Coyotes.

Blake Geoffrion, 2010 Hobey Baker winner at Wisconsin, was rushed to the hospital after a huge check last night and had surgery. What the operation was is still unknown, but it's apparently not life-threatening. He remains in ICU.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/blake-geoffrion-takes-big-hit-rushed-hospital-hitting-142832993--nhl.html