SiouxSports.com Forum

Hak Suspended Two Games

CASiouxfan

Two games is fair, the school ACTED 1st to avoid the wcha getting involved, nothing more than that.

and

Hermit,

How would it appear if I said, "shut the *!#K up and eat your cookie!"? ;) How would you perceive this? :angry:

That you fit the typical stereotype of a person who lacks knowledge and lives their life vercariously through a bunch of kids playing hockey who you worship as idols.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of miss the old days when The Forum left UND coverage to The Herald.

I wonder who this "Don Adams" is that McFeely is referring to? I've said it before and I'll say it again: Credibility is a bitch. In his haste to jump on the official Fargo Anti-Sioux Bandwagon, McFeely has given the ref in question a new last name.

I wonder who this "Don Adams" is that McFeely is referring to? I've said it before and I'll say it again: Credibility is a bitch. In his haste to jump on the official Fargo Anti-Sioux Bandwagon, McFeely has given the ref in question a new last name.

Living in Fargo now for 10+ years, there are few people I know in town who take McFeely as credible. He is a talking head who knows little about what he comments on for the most part. His print should really be in the ed-op section of the Forum. Have run into him on a couple of occasions in social settings and is one of those individuals who thinks he is all that and a bag of chips. If you don't tell him how good a "journalist" he is, he will at some point!!

IMHO it was the correct move. The responce of all of you show that hockey and not the school are important. I also think Oshie should have been suspended for longer. These people are not gods that deserve to have all of you on your knees to them geez. Steve Brekke who I have known for over 20 years should have docked him two weeks pay also. Guess what folks there are much more important issues in the world than Sioux hockey if you would open your eyes and look.

Oh for dumb! There will always be more important things in this world - like war, people starving, etc. etc. So you

My money says TJ and Hak could care less what all of you people think. Hell, in a couple of weeks it won't matter, it will be business as usual for Hak and the rest of the coaching staff. As for TJ, he will be in the NHL making millions, and none of this will be a concern for him. The only thing that will remain constant is that people will find something/someone else to whine about.

I kind of miss the old days when The Forum left UND coverage to The Herald.

Another case in point: It's caucus day, not election day: You can talk politics on radio. Yet, KFGO's "Jack and Sandy" are not promo-ing Obama, Hillary, John, or Mitt, or even Ron, but Dave "The Finger" Hakstol as the topic for Tuesday's show.

It just tells me there's nothing important in the Fargo sports scene for them to cover or that they'll get better reader/viewer/listener-ship if they cover UND. ;)

PS - I'm glad Hak stepped up and admitted an error. I'm glad UND dealt with this. It takes the teeth out of anything anyone can say about it. They're left yapping about how UND people may make mistakes, but they also deal with them and learn from them. Not happy to be here; but happy UND admin and coaches show how to handle unfortunate situations. Prattle on about that Sandy Buttweiller. :angry:

My money says TJ and Hak could care less what all of you people think. Hell, in a couple of weeks it won't matter, it will be business as usual for Hak and the rest of the coaching staff. As for TJ, he will be in the NHL making millions, and none of this will be a concern for him. The only thing that will remain constant is that people will find something/someone else to whine about.

You are spot on....the newspaper in the city in which I live had Hak's suspension on the front page of the sports today. Keep in mind that they seldom report a Sioux score, included nothing on Duncan winning the Hobey or anything discussing the Sioux players helping out in Northwood. But one little screw up by the coach and that is headline news....I want to cancel my subscription!

Did Hak make a mistake....of course he did, in one moment he reacted before thinking. It happened, he apologized...get over it! I have had the opportunity to meet Hak on several occasions - his demeanor, his actions, his poise, his character, represent UND in the highest regard.

What a joke...this is such a "non-event".

You are spot on....the newspaper in the city in which I live had Hak's suspension on the front page of the sports today. Keep in mind that they seldom report a Sioux score, included nothing on Duncan winning the Hobey or anything discussing the Sioux players helping out in Northwood. But one little screw up by the coach and that is headline news....I want to cancel my subscription!

Did Hak make a mistake....of course he did, in one moment he reacted before thinking. It happened, he apologized...get over it! I have had the opportunity to meet Hak on several occasions - his demeanor, his actions, his poise, his character, represent UND in the highest regard.

What a joke...this is such a "non-event".

what town do you live in?

Maybe we should all chip in and get Haks a nice set of mittens to wear on the bench. :angry:;)

Now that's funny! Anyone know how to knit?

What about Kupchella's letter of reprimand. He took it a bit far, I think. Basically threatened to fire Hak if anything like that happens again.

Maybe we should all chip in and get Haks a nice set of mittens to wear on the bench. :angry:;)

Bernie Burgraff was on with Joel Heitkamp yesterday and said pretty much the same thing.

Joel: Bernie, what's the next step?

Bernie: Coach Hakstol should go buy a set of choppers.

Living in Fargo now for 10+ years, there are few people I know in town who take McFeely as credible. He is a talking head who knows little about what he comments on for the most part. His print should really be in the ed-op section of the Forum. Have run into him on a couple of occasions in social settings and is one of those individuals who thinks he is all that and a bag of chips. If you don't tell him how good a "journalist" he is, he will at some point!!

As a long time Fargo resident, I couldn't have said it better myself. McFeely is a self-important, Dan Barreiro or Mike Royko wannabe. The problem is that he is not witty, really knows nothing about most sports outside of golf, and is a poor journalist. He's a two bit sports writer that will never come close realizing his own inflated perception of himself.

What about Kupchella's letter of reprimand. He took it a bit far, I think. Basically threatened to fire Hak if anything like that happens again.

Glad to see Charles found his onions just in time to move on with his life! Where was that testosterone when the nickname issue came up? ;)

The question should be why Sioux hockey players and coaches are continually doing things for which they need to issue written apologies.

If your not a complete Nerd & if you live life to the fullest - You are going to make mistakes - Hopefully you learn from them & apologize & move on.

Trust me most of what I have learned in life was not from books or some college professor.

To me Hak is still young & learning - while this was wrong (& he admidted it) he has been punished

In the big picture, I'm glad we have people who are real & make mistakes - you have to admidt, compared to some things , some colleges have to apologize for, these have all been pretty minor.

If you have never made mistakes (then pile on) I'm sorry you have such a dull life

I'm still convinced that Haks has an old college injury that won't allow him to raise his pointing finger when he wants to thus he was just :

A) trying to flash the piece sign to the ref and telling him it's all okay now

B) giving the signal for V for Victory

C) calling for special play #2

:angry:

I do think that the Sioux have grown and are learning to step up and play without our leaders because of different situations, (Oshie, Duncan, and now Haks). Each time someone has had to step up and take on a new role.

We're closing the gap on the leaders and moving up and these next couple of months are going to very exciting! Go Sioux!

Quite a few years ago(I can't even remember when, I was quite young) I remember watching a Sioux game on WDAZ. I don't know why, but I think they had Blais with a microphone or the ref with a microphone, or something like that, but I clearly remember Blais using the f word at least once when screaming into the ref's ear. Sweeney had to apologize for that, but I don't remember anything happening to Blais. Are these two situations a lot different and can anyone else remember that game?

I agree. I would have expected Kupchella to reiterate that Hakstol's action was out of line with how the university want sto represent itself, and to support the AD's decision to go with the suspension. Adding the additional spanking to Hak seemed like Kupchella needed a "Hey, I can lay down a heavy hand too" moment to show how tough he can be.

Hakstol has been a first class representative of this university from all I can see, and Kupchella should have treated him as an adult, not a misbehaving child.

Quite a few years ago(I can't even remember when, I was quite young) I remember watching a Sioux game on WDAZ. I don't know why, but I think they had Blais with a microphone or the ref with a microphone, or something like that, but I clearly remember Blais using the f word at least once when screaming into the ref's ear. Sweeney had to apologize for that, but I don't remember anything happening to Blais. Are these two situations a lot different and can anyone else remember that game?

Of course they are different. The f-bombs fly back and forth between players, officials and coaches all the time. You don't fly the bird, especially to a ref. Everyone knows there's a line there.

Of course they are different. The f-bombs fly back and forth between players, officials and coaches all the time. You don't fly the bird, especially to a ref. Everyone knows there's a line there.

Yes, that's what it seemed to me too. It seemed like WDAZ apologized for letting us listen in, when obviously that stuff was going to happen. Even so, I was quite young and my parents were not very happy at all. I just find it a little funny that they can say whatever they want to the ref, even when you can hear them or read their lips, but when it comes to saying the same exact thing with a finger, uh oh, watch out.