SiouxSports.com Forum

Hak Suspended Two Games

CASiouxfan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of bull I cant believe that... For all Hak has done to better our team and make us look good on and off the ice... cripe he even makes sure the guys keep the buses clean unlike some of our other atheletics... Way to harsh in my opinion he appologized give him a break..

Why are we comparing these two infarctions?? What Woog did was waaaay worse than Hak giving Adams the finger.

I'm not and I agree Woog's actions were worse. I'm comparing the 2-game suspensions.

EDIT: and if you read the article I linked, the 2-game suspension wasn't the only punishment our program got.

So the two actors in the AD, chair Betsie Wetsie and little Stevie Wonderful decide, to suspend their hockey coach for his actions, Being the good fast acting actors that they are, does anyone know what action they are taking with respect to their league and the behaviour of it's officials. Any Pseudo-reporter worth his weight would be posing that question to them at the very next opportunity. If they say nothing then UND athletics is in a whole heap of trouble.

I expected a one-game suspension, a little surprised by the two game.

The fact remains, you can't do this kind of stuff and not expect some sort of consequence. I have faith in Eades, and these kids will be playing their butts off against Denver.

I'm just hoping Hakstol autographs my "bird" picture. :angry:

Like I said on GPL, UND wouldn't have suspended him if the whole nickname thing was still very much up in the air. That's a huge part of this, IMO.

Very good point.

What a bunch of bull I cant believe that... For all Hak has done to better our team and make us look good on and off the ice... cripe he even makes sure the guys keep the buses clean unlike some of our other atheletics... Way to harsh in my opinion he appologized give him a break..

maybe hak had something to do with the suspension with und?? ya never know. who knows. i thought a game for sure but thats it

I bet the boys come out next weekend flying and put out their best efforts of the year witht he mentality of "us against the world" and win a pair for Hak.

that would be sweet if the sioux were actually playing this coming weekend :angry:

when the 2 weeks come i dont think they need "win this for the gipper attitude" to win in the wcha

Nobody would think this penalty is too harsh had Lucia done it.

I would. But then, I don't see how a finger can be obscene. It is only obscene because people continue to let it be. I don't think Hak should have been suspended but I think we are in capable hands.

Like I said on GPL, UND wouldn't have suspended him if the whole nickname thing was still very much up in the air. That's a huge part of this, IMO.

IMHO, the Fighting Sioux name and logo are a done (dead) deal and has nothing to do with the suspension. I know that GPL only looks at UND as a hockey rival but there's a lot more going on than hockey. There are multlimillions of dollars coming into the University in the form of grants and contracts that have NOTHING to do with hockey. IMHO, that is one of the reasons for the suspension.

I think the extra game had something to do with it, yes.

However, the head of the Association is from SCSU, a school that enjoys it when UND gets in trouble almost more than many fans from other fanbases do. :angry:

Is this harsh? I don't know. I thought he'd be suspended at least one game. The league rules addressing the criticism and abuse of on-ice officials is rather well-defined. What made it worse is the nickname dispute and the fact it was caught on camera.

I don't know to what extent the punishment will be, especially since UND is off this next weekend. I'm not all that concerned about Hak's actual suspension as I am about whether or not he'd be allowed at UND practices. Eades has been around and Jackson's doing alright (if he could resolve the fact that our powerplay has downright sucked lately). Koberinski on the bench as assistant would be neat.

brianvf- Unbelievable. Didn't notice that. I can imagine if Frank rewrote the article today it would totally be some excuse filled trash berating the league for not allowing the saint that is Doug Woog support his student athletes. Frank is such a blowhard.

I don't really see this having anything to do with the name/logo issue, unless it's a further demonstration of the lack of gravitas on the part of the UND/SBoHE apparatus. :angry:

agree, do not think it has a thing to do with the nickname.