SiouxSports.com Forum

Hak Suspended Two Games

CASiouxfan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is from UND, im guessing since they did this the wcha wont do anything further. seems to work that way. he messed up, he said sorry, he will serve his punishment.... i thought he would miss a game fro sure. 2 it is. go sioux and f the gophers

Should the WCHA suspend Hak, I can't believe that it will be in addition to the two games. I would think the suspensions would be concurrent.

IMHO, two games is excessive. UND believes the punishment fits the 'crime'. Hak is Head Coach and likely held to higher standards than the average Joe. Again, it is what it is, let's move forward.

So, harsh or not, what does this entail? Can't be on the bench? Can't be in the building? I assume he can still run practice for the next 2 weeks. It will also be interesting to see how the team reacts to this. Will Eades be in charge during the Pioneer games? Has any other major college hockey ever been suspended like this? Wow.

I'd be more than happy to pay for Jim Archibald's tickets if he wants to "guest coach". ;):angry:

Will we bring in a 3rd coach, if so we should make it someone fun, Prpich?

Also another idea, how bout an autograph session that weekend with Hak, maybe get some pictures like this made up

33-62535-F.jpg

Too harsh! He used poor judgement and in a split second, he acted before thinking. Hak and his players represent UND very very well and I have the utmost respect for Hak and the UND Program.

Go Sioux!

Monkey, He flipped off a ref on TV. I don't think that is representing the school very well, do you?

That being said, who is being punished here? I think he still get's paid, so you are not really hurting him financially. (no, I don't think you need to either. I am guessing he is plenty embarrassed already) So you are really only hurting the kids on the team.

As a Gopher fan, I think the apology is enough. Maybe fine him and give it to charity or do 20 hrs of community service stuff. 2 games is pretty stiff and uncalled for, IMHO.

Should the WCHA suspend Hak, I can't believe that it will be in addition to the two games. I would think the suspensions would be concurrent.

IMHO, two games is excessive. UND believes the punishment fits the 'crime'. Hak is Head Coach and likely held to higher standards than the average Joe. Again, it is what it is, let's move forward.

they would have if und didnt take action first in my mind. thats how it works a lot in the ncaa. take care in house then wcha stays out of it as long as they agree with the suspension

Will we bring in a 3rd coach, if so we should make it someone fun, Prpich?

33-62535-F.jpg

OMG, how could I forget that one!! I have the same pic and autograph!!

Prp may not be available. He's still in Europe waiting for to have his ACL repair. But wouldn't that be fun!!! :angry:

this is from UND, im guessing since they did this the wcha wont do anything further. seems to work that way. he messed up, he said sorry, he will serve his punishment.... i thought he would miss a game fro sure. 2 it is. go sioux and f the gophers

Again the two Bemidji Boys are in agreement.

So, harsh or not, what does this entail? Can't be on the bench? Can't be in the building? I assume he can still run practice for the next 2 weeks. It will also be interesting to see how the team reacts to this. Will Eades be in charge during the Pioneer games? Has any other major college hockey ever been suspended like this? Wow.

If I remember correctly, when Doug Woog was suspended about 10 years ago (1996?), he couldn't have any contact with the team whatsoever and Mike Guentzel was acting head coach for a week running practices, etc. Since UND is doing this internally, I don't know what it will exactly look like, but I'd imagine it would be similar to this, more or less.

If I remember correctly, when Doug Woog was suspended about 10 years ago (1996?), he couldn't have any contact with the team whatsoever and Mike Guentzel was acting head coach for a week running practices, etc. Since UND is doing this internally, I don't know what it will exactly look like, but I'd imagine it would be similar to this, more or less.

i wonder if that suspension is was from the gophers or the wcha? probably makes a difference when being able to pratice and so forth

i wonder if that suspension is was from the gophers or the wcha? probably makes a difference when being able to pratice and so forth

I'd have to look that up, but I think it came all the way from the NCAA since it was involving giving non-tuition money to a player at the time.