Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
UND92

UND to cut women's hockey

Recommended Posts

tnt   
19 hours ago, Cratter said:

The twins and other usa women's hockey players posed nude for ESPN the magazine to help "further their cause" (more $ and equality?).

Well of course, they can't even afford clothes like the USA men's team can. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Holy hat trick talk about crossing the "blue" line. Is that the new thing they want little girls to aspire to?  

As if we haven't had enough of them already. Pathetic. I'm sure their parents are very proud of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WiSioux   

You all act like no other athlete has ever posed nude before. Get over yourself. If you dislike the Lamoureux twins so much, stop talking about them.

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
homer   
16 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

You all act like no other athlete has ever posed nude before. Get over yourself. If you dislike the Lamoureux twins so much, stop talking about them.

I think their goal of posing nude was getting people to talk about them.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cberkas   

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-women-s-hockey-conference-wcha-takes-unprecedented-turn-toward-crowdfunding/435628563/?om_rid=1570783689&om_mid=1570783689

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/hockey/4300392-college-womens-hockey-wcha-turns-crowdfunding-help-offset-league-expenses#.WXDII6FwHWw.twitter

Kennedy saying he needed $60 million to save/bring back the women's team was fairly accurate.

Quote

The league is hoping to raise $50,000 toward its operations fund; $25,000 to help with costs for the Final Face-Off tournament; $25,000 to hold an awards banquet; $7,500 to reinstate its postgraduate scholarship; and $6,000 to fund the weekly and monthly awards. The league is also hoping to purchase new regular season and postseason championship trophies, with a goal of $5,000 for each.

 That shouldn't cost anything.

Quote

Currently the Bulldogs and St. Cloud State are the only two schools capable of broadcasting regular season games for FSN, which takes feeds from Amsoil Arena and SCSU’s Herb Brooks National Hockey Center. Million said the league is hoping to expand those capabilities to other WCHA women’s rinks in the future.

You'd think Minnesota and Wisconsin should have the abilities to broadcast games.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cberkas   
2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Wow.  The WCHA is actually resorting to crowd funding to keep the women's game alive.

They have raised $700 so far.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I suppose the silver lining is that if someone wants a postseason trophy named after them and has $5,000 to spare, there's never been a better opportunity.

< in my very best-est arena PA guy voice >

And now, here to present the InHeavenThereIsNoBeer Women's WCHA Tournament Championship trophy is WWCHA commissioner Katie Million! 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

< in my very best-est arena PA guy voice >

And now, here to present the InHeavenThereIsNoBeer Women's WCHA Tournament Championship trophy is WWCHA commissioner Katie Million! 

 

:lol: It crossed my mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm looking forward to Mr. Schlossman's take on this. 

< glances at watch > 

:whistling:

Another Brad story on Women's Hockey?  That's more than when we had a team...;)

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

USWNT: March 2017 - "We demand respect"

USWNT: July 2017 - "Check out the pics of us naked"

I look forward to the body issue every year. It's a celebration of the human form at its highest level. Nothing more, nothing less.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

:lol: It crossed my mind

If you do that, I'll sponsor and hand out Abe Vigoda bobbleheads for the all tournament team.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cberkas   
5 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I suppose the silver lining is that if someone wants a postseason trophy named after them and has $5,000 to spare, there's never been a better opportunity.

 

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

< in my very best-est arena PA guy voice >

And now, here to present the InHeavenThereIsNoBeer Women's WCHA Tournament Championship trophy is WWCHA commissioner Katie Million! 

 


How about "The University of North Dakota Women's WCHA Tournament Championship Trophy" ;)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cberkas said:

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-women-s-hockey-conference-wcha-takes-unprecedented-turn-toward-crowdfunding/435628563/?om_rid=1570783689&om_mid=1570783689

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/hockey/4300392-college-womens-hockey-wcha-turns-crowdfunding-help-offset-league-expenses#.WXDII6FwHWw.twitter

Kennedy saying he needed $60 million to save/bring back the women's team was fairly accurate.

 That shouldn't cost anything.

You'd think Minnesota and Wisconsin should have the abilities to broadcast games.

I agree ...you think they'd be able to realize that in times of tight budgets, some things need to go such as the $25K banquet and weekly awards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

If you do that, I'll sponsor and hand out Abe Vigoda bobbleheads for the all tournament team.  

"Godfather" Abe or "Barney Miller" Abe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MafiaMan   
20 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Wow.  The WCHA is actually resorting to crowd funding to keep the women's game alive.

 

18 hours ago, cberkas said:

They have raised $700 so far.

 

17 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm looking forward to Mr. Schlossman's take on this. 

< glances at watch > 

:whistling:

Joe fan:  WCHA plan to raise money is a disaster - just $700 in donations so far.  

Brad column headline:  WCHA well on its way to keeping women's hockey alive with $700 donation!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UNDBIZ   
18 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Joe fan:  WCHA plan to raise money is a disaster - just $700 in donations so far.  

Brad column headline:  WCHA well on its way to keeping women's hockey alive with $700 donation!

"Early contributions to women's hockey online fundraiser show community is on board even if UND admin isn't."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2017 at 0:10 PM, MafiaMan said:

The photos of Finland's and Germany's women's Olympic hockey teams?  

I'd be cool with pics of Tanja Eisenschmid throughout the entire Ralph.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×