SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

19 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

With the question being, is UND going after different players, or are the players UND is going after getting more looks from other teams now?

With UND's recent success other schools will certainly be paying attention to who we are on.

• Upvote 3

I really hope we start winning some of these recruiting battles particularly with NDSU. Not just because I was to beat out NDSU, that really has nothing to do with it. I just really want to see some of these kids at UND, and get to watch them contribute. Particularly Aune, Sulser and Ogbu. They would all be terrific additions and I believe we were the first offers for, at least, Aune and Ogbu. Hopefully that early attention pays off.

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

With the question being, is UND going after different players, or are the players UND is going after getting more looks from other teams now?

Excellent question - I would guess that it is likely about 50-50!

8 hours ago, shep said:

But when UND was going after guys with NO other offers, it was because the coaches saw something no one else did.

Absolutely, I think that is still happening but I also think, due to our success and new reputation, we are going after kids that we didn't think we could get in the past.  In fact, coaches have told me that.   

5 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

That sucks, have we been looking at Phoenix Sproles at all?

Sproles didn't list UND in a tweet as schools he was looking at. Listed Illinois State, Indiana State, UNI, NDSU, SDSU, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Northern Illinois as teams he was focusing on but still open to new offers. 

Coaches had a busy day at Northwestern today, three more offers:

Ath Clayton Isbell, 6'3", 200, 4.7, St. Charles (East), IL

DE Tobi Adedara, 6'4", 225, St. Charles (North), IL 

LB Marty Strey, 6'3", 200, Sun Prairie (Sun Prairie), WI

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, siouxfan512 said:

That sucks, have we been looking at Phoenix Sproles at all?

Just announced his verbal commitment to the Bison.  They got their QB and now their WR (2 guys I really wanted to see in Green and White :angry:)