SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Adding ASU would help draw fans to other NCHC teams.

Denver would likely get a nice attendance bump when ASU came to town vs Western Michigan or Mankato.

I'll let you know come January 6th and 7th as I plan to attend at least one of the two games between ASU and DU at Magness Arena.

Tough to tell though considering the fair weather nature of the Pioneer Nation. I've been to several non-DU/CC or non-DU/UND games over the years and there tend to be lots of empty seats. 

14 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

http://www.gopherhockeyhistory.com/history/schedule.asp

Wow, check this out-it looks like Minnesota has scheduled some true powerhouses for the Mariucci Classic....UMass, Huntsville, and Mercyhurst. That lineup oughta get butts in the seats as well as assure the Gophers with a rare home tournament win. 

They have to win something :D

I was trolling on GPL tonight and was reading the conference realignment thread and a Gopher fan actually had the gall to blame what he deemed to be the conference mess as UND's (and to a lesser extent, DU's) fault. We had the nerve to create the "haves" and "have nots" by bolting from the WCHA and forming the NCHC. Now that's rich.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Tanner Latsch (Meijer AAA 13U) has committed to University of Wisconsin for 2020-2021.

This for real? 13 years old.

That's an Eaves move!  ;) Signing them young and then dropping them later when the roster is too full.  
Haha, the Granato boys taking a page from Mikey.  :)

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

http://www.gopherhockeyhistory.com/history/schedule.asp

Wow, check this out-it looks like Minnesota has scheduled some true powerhouses for the Mariucci Classic....UMass, Huntsville, and Mercyhurst. That lineup oughta get butts in the seats as well as assure the Gophers with a rare home tournament win. 

When UMass wins the championship, the crowd of 3k will be left without much to cheer for.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I was trolling on GPL tonight and was reading the conference realignment thread and a Gopher fan actually had the gall to blame what he deemed to be the conference mess as UND's (and to a lesser extent, DU's) fault. We had the nerve to create the "haves" and "have nots" by bolting from the WCHA and forming the NCHC. Now that's rich.

Hey UND and DU, we're going to play in a conference with all the B1G money schools because we want more TV money.  So we're going to need you to just stick around and fall on this:

grenade.jpg

Sincerely,

The Gophers

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Hey UND and DU, we're going to play in a conference with all the B1G money schools because we want more TV money.  So we're going to need you to just stick around and fall on this:

grenade.jpg

Sincerely,

The Gophers

in fairness, isn't that what some people in the threads in the last 3 weeks want Mankato and Bowling Green to do? 

31 minutes ago, bale31 said:

in fairness, isn't that what some people in the threads in the last 3 weeks want Mankato and Bowling Green to do? 

True.  Personally, if Mankato was to accept an offer to join the NCHC, I'd be disappointed in the NCHC, not Mankato.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

True.  Personally, if Mankato was to accept an offer to join the NCHC, I'd be disappointed in the NCHC, not Mankato.

I can understand that from a UND fan point of view (not necessarily the administration though). I suspect that those that argue that they think Kato should do "what's best for college hockey", whatever that means, say it only because they don't want to say they don't like mankato and think we are a lesser school. While I disagree with you, at least you have the guts to come out and say it.

1 hour ago, bale31 said:

I can understand that from a UND fan point of view (not necessarily the administration though). I suspect that those that argue that they think Kato should do "what's best for college hockey", whatever that means, say it only because they don't want to say they don't like mankato and think we are a lesser school. While I disagree with you, at least you have the guts to come out and say it.

Agreed. The WCHA is still a fine conference without Mankato and even Bowling Green. WCHA  programs will move forward with or without BGSU and MSUM, sure it weakens the conference. The WCHA will still be far stronger than the Altantic Hockey conference and the members schools aren't going to fold because of this change. 

Hockey conference strengths (not much would change) Hockey East/NCHC, Big Ten, ECAC, WCHA, AHA

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

DU just lost an '01 goalie recruit to the WHL.  I guess that's what happens when you get a verbal from a 14 year old.

15 Michael Mancinelli ('01) F Fr. Detroit, MI
14 Harrison Blaisdell ('01) F Fr. Regina, SK

We have some young guns committed too as well. Not as bad as Wisky getting a 13 yr old, but 14 isn't much better. Both, depending on development, will be flight risks in the near future. 

27 minutes ago, tho0505 said:
15 Michael Mancinelli ('01) F Fr. Detroit, MI
14 Harrison Blaisdell ('01) F Fr. Regina, SK

We have some young guns committed too as well. Not as bad as Wisky getting a 13 yr old, but 14 isn't much better. Both, depending on development, will be flight risks in the near future. 

Definitely, i was just saying that in general.  I don't think there is a problem getting verbals from those young kids as long as teams/coaches are aware of the risks (which they most likely are)

17 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Of course their mad....UND single handedly destroyed any new conference/BIG will rule the world bump they would have had. Now their conference has to fight an uphill battle....against one, if not the best, conference in the country (that didn't exist before)...that includes their main hockey rival that just won a championship with a first year coach.

It's not easy being a Gopher fan when they compare themselves to the most watched team in the nation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1