SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Frozen 4

AZSIOUX

2011NCAA_MensFF_Main.jpg

The Sioux will play Michigan @ 7:30 pm. April 7th.

The St. Paul Bars have to be happy :D

und.gif - Sioux Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 32-8-3

Conference Record, WCHA: 21-6-1, 43 points

Home: 15-4-1 / Away: 12-4-2 / Neutral: 5-0-0

um.gif - Wolverines Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 28-10-4

Conference Record, CCHA: 20-7-1-0, 61 points

Home: 16-2-1 / Away: 7-6-3 / Neutral: 5-2-0

umd.gif - Bulldogs Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 24-10-6

Conference Record, WCHA: 15-8-5, 35 points

Home: 12-5-2 / Away: 10-4-4 / Neutral: 2-1-0

nd.gif - Irish Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 25-13-5

Conference Record, CCHA: 18-7-3-2, 59 points

Home: 13-4-2 / Away: 9-5-2 / Neutral: 3-4-1

I have a real tough problem. :D I will be en route to Maui during the Saturday game (will likely miss it). When to Sioux go the Championship I need to find a bar etc to watch us bring home number 8!! Poor me!!!! :blush:

I feel tons more confident now about playing Michigan and whoever in the final. Anything can happen, but as long as we protect the puck and get some bounces we'll be tough to stop.

As long as we can score 3+ goals we'll win. Dell is so consistent, he's what we've been missing.

Chay Genoway was HUGE this weekend.

During many parts of the season I was hard on him because of his play, and not due to a lack of effort. The guy wants to win so bad that he'll try to throw the team on his back and win it himself, which is great determination, but often led to too many mistakes at key points in games. If he could learn to control and direct the game instead of trying to take it over himself, the team was bound to do great things.

Chay did just that this weekend.

He didn't try to do too much, but made the most of his opportunities when he could. Chay didn't try to force anything, and was very conscious about his defensive responsibilities. Look what happened....the Sioux dominated both games and Chay had 5 assists over the two games. That's awesome.

He plays a huge role on this team on and off the ice, so if he plays like this in St. Paul, the Sioux will be just fine.

On the bright side, it gives any Sioux players who may be dinged up more time to heal up a bit more before having to play a good Michigan team.

Speaking of that, was good to see Nelson back out there and skating well today, I thought we'd seen the last of him for at least the weekend after the hit yesterday. Other than that we seemed to get through the weekend unscathed unless I'm forgetting something.

Speaking of that, was good to see Nelson back out there and skating well today, I thought we'd seen the last of him for at least the weekend after the hit yesterday. Other than that we seemed to get through the weekend unscathed unless I'm forgetting something.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see him out there skating against Denver. He even scored a goal to boot. But other than those who are probably still nursing injuries(yet still playing), we survived this weekend with no one else getting hurt.

I was amazed to see him after that hit. He was seeing stars afterwards. I thought for sure a concussion.

how bad is this?. if you click onto the official ncaa ticket exchange link from uscho it will take you to a scalping site called prime sport or prime ticket I believe. now the ncaa says if you sell you ticket for higher than facve value and they catch you you will lose your priority number, but yet they promote this site.

You have to be good and lucky, and the four finalists all caught breaks to advance.

UND was fortunate Denver was dragged to 2 OTs in the late game against WMU. They couldn't win a race or a battle in the third period.

Michigan is thankful Howe played out of his mind against BC and Muse played without his in the same game. (Not really fair as Muse didn't play terribly.) What I saw from BC in that game was a team with a ridiculous amount of offensive ability. I'm still surprised they didn't come back and win in the third, because they created enough chances for it to happen. Michigan also arguably caught a break with the curious OT goal call against UNO, although I think it was probably both a goal and an incorrect call.

Notre Dame was 1-2-2 against Miami this year, including a 6-2 loss a week before the Regional. Getting placed in Miami's bracket seemed unfortunate, until UNH took Miami out of the picture.

UMD had to go through Union and Yale to get to the Frozen Four: the nicest regional placement ever for a #3 seed. In addition, Yale's best player was questionably booted from the game in the second, with the ensuing two PP goals burying the ... er, Bulldogs.

So everyone caught breaks to get here, and to their credit they all jumped on them. Who will have the good fortune in 10 and 12 days, and will anyone be good enough to overcome the bad breaks?

You have to be good and lucky, and the four finalists all caught breaks to advance.

UND was fortunate Denver was dragged to 2 OTs in the late game against WMU. They couldn't win a race or a battle in the third period.

Michigan is thankful Howe played out of his mind against BC and Muse played without his in the same game. (Not really fair as Muse didn't play terribly.) What I saw from BC in that game was a team with a ridiculous amount of offensive ability. I'm still surprised they didn't come back and win in the third, because they created enough chances for it to happen. Michigan also arguably caught a break with the curious OT goal call against UNO, although I think it was probably both a goal and an incorrect call.

Notre Dame was 1-2-2 against Miami this year, including a 6-2 loss a week before the Regional. Getting placed in Miami's bracket seemed unfortunate, until UNH took Miami out of the picture.

UMD had to go through Union and Yale to get to the Frozen Four: the nicest regional placement ever for a #3 seed. In addition, Yale's best player was questionably booted from the game in the second, with the ensuing two PP goals burying the ... er, Bulldogs.

So everyone caught breaks to get here, and to their credit they all jumped on them. Who will have the good fortune in 10 and 12 days, and will anyone be good enough to overcome the bad breaks?

I really don't see UND as being lucky at all. They would've just beat Denver maybe 3-1 instead of 6-1. If anything Denver was lucky to make it to overtime against WMU. Then the Sioux just played smart in the 3rd period against the Pios and still stretched the lead. With a healthy roster and continuing to play smart, simple hockey I can't see them losing.

I really don't see UND as being lucky at all. They would've just beat Denver maybe 3-1 instead of 6-1. If anything Denver was lucky to make it to overtime against WMU. Then the Sioux just played smart in the 3rd period against the Pios and still stretched the lead. With a healthy roster and continuing to play smart, simple hockey I can't see them losing.

Agree...plus the fact the DU knew they were screwed when Mario sniped the shorty! Numbers don't lie!

UND has opened as a heavy favorite over Michigan:

North Dakota -230

Michigan +170

Also, Duluth opened as a pretty heavy favorite also:

Minnesota Duluth -175

Notre Dame +135

Looks like the oddsmakers respect the hell out of the WCHA!