SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

According to the sports telecasts the day he verbaled, Vetters dad said he had offers from both UND and NDSU but felt Fargo and NDSU was a better fit.

Which sports telecast was that? Whoever it was had their information reported incorrectly. Austin Vetter was NOT offered a scholarship by UND.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UND has received a commitment from Millard West (Nebraska) defensive end Ross Brennemann. link

Maybe this was just an erroneous omission in the article, but wasn't UNO recruiting this kid? I have a hard time believing they weren't recruiting him when he's in their back yard. Especially since NWMSU, now UNO's biggest rival, was after him. :D

This class is really close to being considered "great" already and we haven't even hit January yet. I have heard of a few other offers that we still have on the table right now out there to top level kids. If even a handful of those kids commit, this class will be unbelievable.

Merry Christmas ???

I wonder who will win the Will Jackson sweepstakes. According to that website, he has offers from both ND schools. Should be very interesting.

Has anyone heard any more on this? A poster on bisonsports.net says he's verballed to UND, but didn't give a link. Anyone have the inside scoop?

Shawn-O, haven't you learned by now? If there is a chance that UND and NDSU are going after the same kid, as was the case with Cavil, and he picks UND, the bison playbook calls for their fans to whine with any of the following:

1. We didn't actually offer him a scholarship.

2. His dad played at UND.

3. He was guranteed playing time, something we couldn't offer at ndsu because we're 7 deep at tailback.

4. Dressler was too small.

5. We didn't want him anyway, why would a player choose a school that won't be playoff eligible for five years? (see: Mays, Walker, Dragosavich, et al)

This is just off the top of my head. Please feel free to add to the list.

Shawn-O, haven't you learned by now? If there is a chance that UND and NDSU are going after the same kid, as was the case with Cavil, and he picks UND, the bison playbook calls for their fans to whine with any of the following:

1. We didn't actually offer him a scholarship.

2. His dad played at UND.

3. He was guranteed playing time, something we couldn't offer at ndsu because we're 7 deep at tailback.

4. Dressler was too small.

5. We didn't want him anyway, why would a player choose a school that won't be playoff eligible for five years? (see: Mays, Walker, Dragosavich, et al)

This is just off the top of my head. Please feel free to add to the list.

Best post of the year!

:D