SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

Sounds like it might be between the Badgers and us for this talented WR:

WR Jon Heimler (6-3, 189), Sr., Menomonie

Menomonie all-state wide receiver Jon Heimler is getting weekly phone calls from North Dakota State, North Dakota and Minnesota-Duluth. Film has been sent to all three schools and scholarship offer talks could come very soon.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran across this and thought you UND fans would be interested in this. UND is listed as one of Avery Roche's interests. Says no offer yet from UND but they must be looking at him. He's a DE, Akron, Ball St., Illinois St., North Illinois, Toledo, and WMU are also on his list.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p...amp;nid=3314661

We appreciate the info!

I assume the Bison are recruiting the Chicago area hard?

Of the Wisconsin players previously mentioned in this thread, Campbell appears to be a real blue-chipper, as Marlin Lee from www.wissports.net has him as the sixth-ranked senior prospect in the state. Also, Heimler and Rosemeyer are ranked in the top 40 in the state.

Per www.wissports.net, here are some more Wisconsin players UND is showing at least some interest in:

Tyrell Rosemeyer (Fennimore), 6'0", 222 FB/LB (UND has reportedly offered)

Tony Lyght (Fennimore), 6'5", 290 OL/DL

Jake Wiederholt (Fennimore), 6'5", 220 QB/LB

Troy Rolli (Madison East), OL

Logan Allemand (Kenosha Tremper), OL

Lenier Johnson (Mil. Bay View), 5'9", 175 RB

Lenier Johnson was 6th in the state this year in rushing yards with 1610 yds and 12 TD's

Anybody hear anything about the younger brother of David Wisthoff? They are from a small western ND town that probably doesn't get a lot of exposure. Dave was one heck of a player at fullback. I thought that I had heard his brother was a senior and maybe better.

I was told the Wisthoff kid is visiting UND this weekend.

According to a post on the north dakota preps board, in addition to Wisthoff, Seth Nichols (Dakota Prairie QB), Ian McGurran (Fargo North OL) and Brian Sorensen (Hazen RB/LB) were North Dakotans who visited UND this past weekend. In terms of size and speed, Sorensen sounds somewhat similar to Matt Anderson from Cavalier. He placed fifth at state in the 200m, and ran on state-winning 4x100 and 4x200m relays last spring. Wisthoff is also a good track and field performer, as he won both the shot and disc at state last year.

A very good friend of mine who lives in Perham told me today that Perham QB Marcus Hendrickson has verbally committed to UND. Can anybody else confirm this? Sounds like he won't play QB, and was recruited as an athlete. I've never seen the kid play, but all indications are that he is one heck of a player.

I only saw him in the highlights from the playoff game against Thief River Falls, but he looked extremely fast. He took a couple of snaps from the shotgun in which he simply outran the defense to the corner and went the distance, a la Ryan Chappell. With his speed, he could be utilized in any number of positions.

A very good friend of mine who lives in Perham told me today that Perham QB Marcus Hendrickson has verbally committed to UND. Can anybody else confirm this? Sounds like he won't play QB, and was recruited as an athlete. I've never seen the kid play, but all indications are that he is one heck of a player.

What size is this kid?

What size is this kid?

He was listed at 6'2", 190 on the Perham roster. You can access the rosters of pretty much every MN high school team at www.mshsl.org (the Minnesota State High School League site).

EDIT: I have also heard from a good source that he has indeed committed to UND.

He was listed at 6'2", 190 on the Perham roster. You can access the rosters of pretty much every MN high school team at www.mshsl.org (the Minnesota State High School League site).

EDIT: I have also heard from a good source that he has indeed committed to UND.

Excellent - it sounds like he will be a good addition to this year's class!