SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you go out of your way to capitalize every school except NDSU?

Are you that bitter?

No bitterness here. Just giving some NDSU (happy now?) fans a taste of their own medicine. I probably wouldn't do it if your school didn't have some of the most classless message board fans around, so if you have a problem with it maybe you should go to bi-sonville and start handing out reprimands. If not then I suggest you grow some thicker skin.

I do have a problem with it, obviously.

I only ask that NDSU is given equal treatment to UND. Both have earned capitalization in my mind.

I don't post at bisonville, I post at bisonsports.net.

Can I still call you guys the AC if I capitalize it?

So far, so good with recruits' response to the hire:

The Sioux have received about a dozen verbal commitments from recruits. "It's my hope that we retain all the guys," Mussman said.

One of those recruits, Fargo North offensive lineman Ian McGurran, said he hasn't changed his mind about attending UND.

"We've had a chance to talk," the 6-foot-5, 270-pound McGurran said while waiting for Mussman to arrive in Fargo. "I'm confident in the way the program is going. I know he'll do a good job."

(from a Dave Kolpack A.P. story)

Can I still call you guys the AC if I capitalize it?

Unlike some, I'm not the least bit ashamed of NDSU's proud past as North Dakota's state agriculture college.

Just like Texas A&M we were founded as an agricultural and mechanical arts school and we shouldn't shy away from that fact.

I do have a problem with it, obviously.

I only ask that NDSU is given equal treatment to UND. Both have earned capitalization in my mind.

I don't post at bisonville, I post at bisonsports.net.

I would expect that if UND people are posting on su message boards, they are being treated like you are here. UND message boards should be for UND folks and su message boards should be for su folks. Oh, and another thing, if you are offended by your school not being capitalized on another schools message board; you truly need to go away. This is the weakest of whines read here in a while. :lol:

With the ND HS football season over, who has UND been recruiting? Here's some names that have been tossed around as prime ND recruits:

Jared McGowan RB GFC

Karl Effertz TE/WR Century

Josh Horner RB F South

Alex Hooey LB F South

Ian McGurran OL - 6'5" F North

Mitch Haugeberg OL - 6'3" Minot

Jim Green OL - 6'5" Wahpeton

Ben Kringstad DL B Century

Dillan Ostrom WR 6'4" Finley-Sharon

Lance Johansen RB Lakota

Seth Nichols QB 6'5" Dakota Prairie

Any other names?

How about on the Minnesota side?

Let's keep our fingers croossed and hope that another Eastview(MN) standout, Will Jackson, LB/RB, 6' 1", 230 commits to UND. Jackson has offers from UND and NDSU and visiting Northern Iowa this weekend:

http://www.eastviewfootball.com

The other Eastview(MN) standout TE/DE Dan Edem committed to UND last month. If UND can secure both Edem and Jackson, expect a formidable UND football program for years to come. Edem and Jackson are both below the radar super athletes with versatilities that can compete at any D-1 level and conference. I've watched these two kids for year, they are both work-horses you can always count on!

Let's keep our fingers croossed and hope that another Eastview(MN) standout, Will Jackson, LB/RB, 6' 1", 230 commits to UND. Jackson has offers from UND and NDSU and visiting Northern Iowa this weekend:

http://www.eastviewfootball.com

The other Eastview(MN) standout TE/DE Dan Edem committed to UND last month. If UND can secure both Edem and Jackson, expect a formidable UND football program for years to come. Edem and Jackson are both below the radar super athletes with versatilities that can compete at any D-1 level and conference. I've watched these two kids for year, they are both work-horses you can always count on!

Any confirmation that Eastview(MN) standout LB/RB Will Jackson( with both UND and NDSU offers) has committed to Northern Iowa? It sounds like he has after todays' offfical.

I would expect that if UND people are posting on su message boards, they are being treated like you are here.

Feel free to come on over to Bisonsports.net. We have a couple UND posters that are treated quite well.

Even JBB had this to say (paraphrasing):

"the state of North Dakota is lucky to have two fine institutions such as NDSU and UND".

Feel free to come on over to Bisonsports.net. We have a couple UND posters that are treated quite well.

"the state of North Dakota is lucky to have two fine institutions such as NDSU and UND".

Couldn't agree more with this part. Absolutely the truth and there are several others, smaller in terms of enrollment, that turn out wonderful young men and women.

I'm a geek (according to my wife :D ) and a sports-nut. I love perusing and joining a number of forums to discuss sports. But I have no desire whatsoever to even consider just visiting a site that is operated by JBB and BisonBacker/DIinFargo.

No thanks. JBB might be the most offensive poster in the history of the internets.