SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

And I don't think Montana or MSU have ever recruited a ND kid for football.

I know of one ND player that was recruited by at least one Montana School. Ryan McNally from Minot Ryan got a scholarship to Montana State, transfered after his redshirt season to attend NDSU but he didn't cut it. For any Track people, Ryan also had a small blow up his senior year at the state track meet and cost the Lions a state track title.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of one ND player that was recruited by at least one Montana School. Ryan McNally from Minot Ryan got a scholarship to Montana State, transfered after his redshirt season to attend NDSU but he didn't cut it. For any Track people, Ryan also had a small blow up his senior year at the state track meet and cost the Lions a state track title.

that kid was a head case, his dad, the superintendent had to be impressed

UND Football has received another verbal commitment. Chris Tracy from West Lyon High School in Iowa will play OLB for the Sioux. He received many accolades as a DB and RB in high school. He is listed at 6' 2", 205 lbs. I'm guessing he is very athletic and has good speed if he is being recruited as a weakside OLB.

We have also received a verbal commitment from a player who had a scholarship offer from the Griz who is NOT from Montana. More to come on that one. :D

I can't remember a time when we have had this many verbals before Christmas. Keep em' coming boys.

UND Football has received another verbal commitment. Chris Tracy from West Lyon High School in Iowa will play OLB for the Sioux. He received many accolades as a DB and RB in high school. He is listed at 6' 2", 205 lbs. I'm guessing he is very athletic and has good speed if he is being recruited as a weakside OLB.

We have also received a verbal commitment from a player who had a scholarship offer from the Griz who is NOT from Montana. More to come on that one. :D

I can't remember a time when we have had this many verbals before Christmas. Keep em' coming boys.

You can view a number of Tracy highlights from his junior year here.

Oh come on, you can't do that to us. That's just cruel. Please tell? Pretty Please? ???

Dan Edem

6' 2" 220 #

Tight End

All State

Eastview High School, Apple Valley, Minnesota

Dan was offered full at Montana and Montana State and Choose UND.....Welcome

Don't be so stingy "Vince"... :D

Dan Edem

6' 2" 220 #

Tight End

All State

He may be very good, but I see the Minnesotapreps.com website has him as a Division II recruit. Is he better than the TE NDSU signed from Minot Ryan? That is an honest question not any smack talk. I know nothing about either one of them.

He may be very good, but I see the Minnesotapreps.com website has him as a Division II recruit. Is he better than the TE NDSU signed from Minot Ryan? That is an honest question not any smack talk. I know nothing about either one of them.

I don't know how they operate, but it could be that they have him listed as a Division II recruit because of the verbal to UND. After all, UND is still a Division II school. The other players listed seem to either have a school listed or nothing. If the verbal is new or unofficial then they may want to protect themselves by just saying it is a DII school.

Sounds like it might be between UND and NDSU for this WS recruit.

DL Kyle Cavil (6-4, 240), Sr., Ashwaubenon

Another prospect who has become extremely popular with college recruiters in recent weeks is Ashwaubenon defensive lineman Kyle Cavil.

A Green Bay Press Gazette first-team all-area and first-team all-conference selection, Cavil has drawn a plethora of Division I FCS (formerly D I-AA) and Division II interest.

Colleges sending hand-written letters include St. Cloud State, Minnesota-Duluth, Concordia-St. Paul, Northern Michigan, North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State, Illinois State and Minnesota State-Mankato.

All of those schools have visited Cavil either at home or at school, and all of them, with the addition of Indiana, Iowa and Northern Illinois have placed phone calls.

Cavil isn't just getting the regular old standard interest though. Official visits and scholarship offers have also entered the picture.

Dan Edem

6' 2" 220 #

Tight End

All State

I wonder why Montana would be recruiting in Minneapolis. That seems odd. :angry:

Sounds like a very good get for UND. Thanks for the info Walrus.

Thanks Corella, I guess I was wrong about Montana State, but OHIO is more impressive... ???

You couldn't have been wrong about Montana State. I'm sure they were recruiting him so Montana didn't get him. Since he's verbally committed to UND, now we can breathe a sigh of relief because NDSU isn't going to get him to go there. :D

Well considering UND didn't offer Vetter an official visit or a scholarship, and offered a scholarship to Edem after his official visit, I would think the UND staff thought he was better. Add the fact that he had full ride offers from Ohio and Montana would lead me to believe Edem was more highly recruited. Whether or not that means he is better will be known in the next few years. Having said all that, it looks as though they offered the right kid IMO. Edem and Wisthoff should be a great combo for the next 4-5 years.

I don't know how they operate, but it could be that they have him listed as a Division II recruit because of the verbal to UND. After all, UND is still a Division II school. The other players listed seem to either have a school listed or nothing. If the verbal is new or unofficial then they may want to protect themselves by just saying it is a DII school.

I'm quite sure you are correct about that. On the minnesota preps board, Erik Lofdahl, who runs the site, stated again that Edem had a scholarship offer from Ohio U.

Sioux City Journal: Tracy verbally commits to play football at North Dakota

The 6-2, 205-pound defensive back/running back from West Lyon High School announced Wednesday he has verbally committed to continue his football career at the University of North Dakota. Tracy is being projected as an outside linebacker.

"(Outside linebacker) is a little bit of a change, but I'm looking forward to it," said Tracy, who won first-team Class 1A all-state honors as a defensive back from the Iowa Newspaper Association.

"They run a 3-4 defense and like their outside linebackers to be fast," said Tracy. "They like their outside linebackers to have good football minds, rush the passer and be able to drop back into coverage."

Tracy, who also rushed for 1,077 yards, chose North Dakota over South Dakota, South Dakota State, North Dakota State, Augustana and Northwestern College. ...

"The coaching staff is awesome, some of the most approachable guys I have met," said Tracy. "Their facilities are excellent and only getting better. Overall, it felt like the best fit."

Well considering UND didn't offer Vetter an official visit or a scholarship, and offered a scholarship to Edem after his official visit, I would think the UND staff thought he was better. Add the fact that he had full ride offers from Ohio and Montana would lead me to believe Edem was more highly recruited. Whether or not that means he is better will be known in the next few years. Having said all that, it looks as though they offered the right kid IMO. Edem and Wisthoff should be a great combo for the next 4-5 years.

NDSU or Northern Iowa recruited Tracy but they didn't offer him a scholorship either. It was probably the same type of deal with Vetter where the player wasn't as receptive. There are usually other factors although kids in rurual ND are rarely offered by big schools like Montana. (although NDSU and UND are ab out the same as Montana in my eyes) I have a tough time believing UND would have no interest in a 6-foot-4, First Team All-State defensive end who is only 215 lbs with the frame to add another 30. He got letters fromHarvard and calls from Princeton so you know he has the brains. EIther way good signings by both teams.

According to the sports telecasts the day he verbaled, Vetters dad said he had offers from both UND and NDSU but felt Fargo and NDSU was a better fit.