SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given Sorbo's graduation and Tibesar's injury, how's the depth at fullback? Might one of the current LBs who played FB in HS be looked at for a move?

Good question. I would hope Tibesar would be ready by next year (although I have no idea the extent of his injury), but the only other fullback on the roster that I'm aware of is the Safranski kid from Stephen-Argyle. Speaking of Stephen-Argyle and fullbacks, I saw the state championship game, and was thinking that the Gratzek kid looked like he might be a nice college fullback. I know his brother's at NDSU, but he might be somebody to watch for.

Good question. I would hope Tibesar would be ready by next year (although I have no idea the extent of his injury), but the only other fullback on the roster that I'm aware of is the Safranski kid from Stephen-Argyle. Speaking of Stephen-Argyle and fullbacks, I saw the state championship game, and was thinking that the Gratzek kid looked like he might be a nice college fullback. I know his brother's at NDSU, but he might be somebody to watch for.

The little I saw him play this year the Safranski kid has good size and blocked well. Mostly cleaning up in blowout games though. What was Tibesar's injury anyway? I had heard it was a ankle injury.

I'm for a bigger stronger d-line and inside backers. Need more of the Scott Schultz's and Callahan's on the d-line. As for inside backer we need to find another Digger or Travis O'Neal.

It would be nice if we could just order up four of the best to play their position. While we're at it, perhaps another Tarkenton or Eller?

I'm not sure whether this will impact UND or not, but I see that Rainy River Community College has dropped its football program. As some may remember, that's where highly sought after recruit Deangelo Brackins ended up going (his father was the head coach there). I can only assume there are some pretty good players from that program who might be worth a look.

Adam Theilen, 6'1'' receiver has been in for a recruiting visit and made another visit on his own. Most Valuable Receiver in the UND FB camp last summer. Turned some heads at UND's 7 on 7 passing contest last summer. Great hands. Catches the ball as well as any HS receiver I have seen. Great position receiver. Physically still maturing. If they offer, he will likely commit. Other NCC schools and I think SDSU looking at him. Bubba really likes him. If he ran a 4.5 he would a big time D1 recruit.

Will likely average 20 ppg in basketball this year, great shooter and will get some JC and small college interest in BB. Varsity golfer shoots low 80's to mid 70's and played baseball last spring.

Adam Theilen, 6'1'' receiver has been in for a recruiting visit and made another visit on his own. Most Valuable Receiver in the UND FB camp last summer. Turned some heads at UND's 7 on 7 passing contest last summer. Great hands. Catches the ball as well as any HS receiver I have seen. Great position receiver. Physically still maturing. If they offer, he will likely commit. Other NCC schools and I think SDSU looking at him. Bubba really likes him. If he ran a 4.5 he would a big time D1 recruit.

Will likely average 20 ppg in basketball this year, great shooter and will get some JC and small college interest in BB. Varsity golfer shoots low 80's to mid 70's and played baseball last spring.

Where does he go to high school?

I'm not sure whether this will impact UND or not, but I see that Rainy River Community College has dropped its football program. As some may remember, that's where highly sought after recruit Deangelo Brackins ended up going (his father was the head coach there). I can only assume there are some pretty good players from that program who might be worth a look.

Brackins must have been injured, as he hardly played.

Looks like Rainy River football had its share of issues.

Anybody hear anything about the younger brother of David Wisthoff? They are from a small western ND town that probably doesn't get a lot of exposure. Dave was one heck of a player at fullback. I thought that I had heard his brother was a senior and maybe better.

He's something like 6'3", 250, so he's a lot bigger than his brother. He was an all-state linebacker, and also played quarterback (believe it or not!). I wouldn't be at all surprised if UND is looking at him.

He's something like 6'3", 250, so he's a lot bigger than his brother. He was an all-state linebacker, and also played quarterback (believe it or not!). I wouldn't be at all surprised if UND is looking at him.

They're from Powers Lake, ND. I played against David when I was in high school.

They're from Powers Lake, ND. I played against David when I was in high school.

not anymore..he plays for Glenburn, ND where their dad (the elder Dave) is the superintendent. He was principal while I was there. Seth is a senior this year, so he would graduate in May. Glenburn doesn't get a whole lot of exposure mainly due to as a team, they haven't been very good lately. They play 9 man in case you were wondering.

Per www.wissports.net, here are some more Wisconsin players UND is showing at least some interest in:

Tyrell Rosemeyer (Fennimore), 6'0", 222 FB/LB (UND has reportedly offered)

Tony Lyght (Fennimore), 6'5", 290 OL/DL

Jake Wiederholt (Fennimore), 6'5", 220 QB/LB

Troy Rolli (Madison East), OL

Logan Allemand (Kenosha Tremper), OL

Lenier Johnson (Mil. Bay View), 5'9", 175 RB

Sounds like it might be between the Badgers and us for this talented WR:

WR Jon Heimler (6-3, 189), Sr., Menomonie

Menomonie all-state wide receiver Jon Heimler is getting weekly phone calls from North Dakota State, North Dakota and Minnesota-Duluth. Film has been sent to all three schools and scholarship offer talks could come very soon.