SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

Rumor is Campbell is headed for Minnesota State-Mankato, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Rosemeyer's final 5 are Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, Winona State and UW-La Crosse.

Lyght had an official visit to Minnesota State-Mankato this past weekend and said he is likely going to end up there.

Heard Lloyd may have committed to Wayne State, but haven't been able to confirm that either.

I can't help but be a bit suspicious of how Mankato is getting all these commitments while simultaneously trying to get down to 24 scholarships? Plus, they didn't even have a coach for most of recruiting season. One would think that players like Bauer and Campbell (and probably Lyght) would have had better options. Something doesn't quite add up. :lol:

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised, too, by the possible commitments of some of the Wisconsin players. No slight to Mankato, but it makes me wonder if UND "interest" failed to translate into UND "offer" in some cases.

As far as we know, the only definite offers to Wisconsin kids that were turned down were by Ewing and Cavil. So I tend to agree that many of the kids who UND was reportedly interested in were never actually offered. I suppose it's hard to say for certain, though.

With about 12 hours to go, this is the list I was able to put together from this thread. Did I miss anything?

North Dakota

-Ian McGurran, 6-5, 260, OL, Fargo North

-Seth Nichols, 6-4, 195, QB, Dakota Prairie

-Brian Sorensen, 6-3, 205, OLB, Hazen

-Seth Wisthoff, 6-4, 255, TE, Glenburn

Minnesota

-Devin Benjamin, 6-2, 290, DL, De La Salle

-Marcus Hendrickson, 6-2, 190, QB, Perham

-Ethan Magstadt, 6-1, 210, RB, Maple Grove

Wisconsin

-Jon Heimler, 6-3, 189, WR, Menomonie

-Erik Mersereau, 6-0, 170, S, Port Washington

-Mitch Sutton, 6-0, 200, RB, Stevens Point

Alaska

-Ian Rosario, 6-6, 310, OL, Chugiak

Nebraska

-Ross Brennemann, DE, Millard West

Texas

-Kenny Watkins, 5-10, 180, CB, Plano

Transfers

-Jamie Sigl, 6-1, 190, FS, UMD

Decommits

-Kyle Cavil, 6-4, 240, DL, Ashwaubenon, WI - verballed to SIU

-Dan Edem, 6-2, 220, TE, Eastview, MN - verballed to NIU

-Mitch Haugeberg, 6-3, 293, OL, Minot, ND - verballed to Minot St

-Jason Obarski, 6-0, 190, P, Apple Valley, MN - verballed to NDSU

-Chris Tracy, 6-2, 205, OLB, West Lyon, IA - verballed to SDSU

For anyone who might be interested, coach Mussman is scheduled to be on the Dan Hammer Show, 740 AM on your radio dial, at 1 p.m. CST today to discuss this year's recruiting class. Streaming audio feed is available via their website, 740thefan.com.

Sounds like there should be some new names to kick around, given the GF Herald report today of an expected signing class of 16-20 players. I noticed Mussman said they "learned a few lessons" on the recruting trail this year. That might be interesting, too.

Finally, I see the Star-Trib article referenced by '92, '96 fails to list several NDSU verbals. Probably an oversight. Sure hope they haven't suffered some "decommits," too. :lol:

Here's the list.

Cameron sounds like a very good punter/kicker. Apparently Oregon State had considerable interest in him at one time.

Overall, there weren't many surprises. Only Cameron, Gillson and Lynch hadn't been talked about before on this board. And there were no more de-commits.

The need for offensive line has clearly been met. Wow, those are some good sized guys. I wonder who else is coming, as it sounded like this list is not yet complete.

No kidding. McGurran is the "runt" at 6'4", 265. And he'll probably put on 30 pounds or so in the next few years.

Here's the list.

Cameron sounds like a very good punter/kicker. Apparently Oregon State had considerable interest in him at one time.

Overall, there weren't many surprises. Only Cameron, Gillson and Lynch hadn't been talked about before on this board. And there were no more de-commits.

Cameron is the son of long-time Winnipeg Blue Bombers punter Bob Cameron. I am told that he is very good, and can kick as well. Will be interesting to hear if he does both. Can't wait to compare his and Obarski's numbers the next few years.

Well I'm very happy with the class! For a first year of D1 recruiting class I'd say it's surpassed my expectations!

I'm especially pleased in how we beefed up our OL, DL, and LBs.

Of the group do you think there will be anyone who doesn't redshirt? Maybe rosario will follow in kuper's footsteps?

I love this class and I would love to see how it stacks up to NDSU's 1st year of D1 recruiting class. Anyone know how to get ahold of that list?

I think we will be able to run the ball proficiently next year and make a run at a GWFC championship!

Well I'm very happy with the class! For a first year of D1 recruiting class I'd say it's surpassed my expectations!

I'm especially pleased in how we beefed up our OL, DL, and LBs.

Of the group do you think there will be anyone who doesn't redshirt? Maybe rosario will follow in kuper's footsteps?

I love this class and I would love to see how it stacks up to NDSU's 1st year of D1 recruiting class. Anyone know how to get ahold of that list?

I think we will be able to run the ball proficiently next year and make a run at a GWFC championship!

Don't even start with comparison talk, its only going to ruin this thread. As we have all learned over the past 10-15 years, they got every player they wanted and had a superb class. Just leave it at that.

I really like UND's class on paper, obviously it would have been nice to keep the guys that de-committed but there is nothing you can do about it. I think Coach Mussman did a great job holding it together and adding a couple extras also.