SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

Ian Rosario is going to UND. Before he committed to UND he was on the bubble for several of these teams. As someone else state those where the D1 schools he was originally interested in, two of which showed interest in him. Bottom line he was the odd man out at Washington, Notre Dame liked him in camp last year but has one hell of a recruiting class. He is not going anywhere else. Hopefully he will make you all happy that he is a Fighting Sioux.

Not sure if anyone is interested but see below for a link to Ian Rosario's Senior Highlight film. He is the #75 Right Tackle in all but one set of highlights where he is the Left Tackle (white socks).

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...ideoid=27409616

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link to the video Big#75. He looks like a man among boys. A couple of observations. He always seems to push his man at least 10 yards down the field and he doesn't stop until the whistle. Many times it seemed like the opposing player didn't even want to engage him. Impressive.

Thanks for the link to the video Big#75. He looks like a man among boys. A couple of observations. He always seems to push his man at least 10 yards down the field and he doesn't stop until the whistle. Many times it seemed like the opposing player didn't even want to engage him. Impressive.

No one has been able to handle him the last two years. He did very good against kids his size at both Notre Dame, Washington , and Eugene Nike camps this past summer. If he gets with a good experienced line coach who can work on this technique (pad level, positioning), my biased opinion is he can go as far as he wants too.

Not sure if anyone is interested but see below for a link to Ian Rosario's Senior Highlight film. He is the #75 Right Tackle in all but one set of highlights where he is the Left Tackle (white socks).

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...ideoid=27409616

Cripes...he makes me want to try out for running back and use up the rest of my eligibility (four years).

???

You tell us. I thought it was Chapman & Taylor telling everybody that NDSU was a shoe-in for the Big Sky.

No doubt that the football conference situation worked out just great for Chapman & Taylor. What FCS school wouldn't want to be in the Gateway, the best conference in the division? Congrats to them for securing membership in this high profile conference. Good luck to NDSU and SDSU as they begin their "real" FCS football conference journey next season.

A poster on Iowa Preps is reporting Tracy now verballing to SDSU.

The Iowa Prep webmaster is also reporting that "New Decision for Chris Tracy" - must be a rivals member to view.

Losing a kid to Southern Illinois and Dale Lennon is somewhat understandable. Losing a kid who decides he wants to stay close to home and probably play much earlier is somewhat understandable. Losing a kid to an FBS school is somewhat understandable. But losing a kid to SDSU when he previously chose us over them? That, to me, is not so understandable. That's just kind of strange. :angry:

I guess this would be the "minor hiccup" Lennon predicted would result from his departure. In retrospect, it appears there's been just enough time since he left town for a few recruits to get a little panicked -- no doubt with the encouragement of competing coaching staffs.

I, too, find it hard to fathom losing recruits to SDSU. This year, I'll chalk it up to uncertainty and maybe a little of the play-off eligibility thing; Next year, it's unacceptable.

I have been watching this list as well and am concerned that Heimler is not on it as being commited to UND!

I wouldn't worry about that. He hasn't been listed on that particular site at all at any point. I suspect it's more a matter of certain players only speaking with one of the recruiting sites, but not the other. In this case, we know Heimler has been covered regularly by wissports.net, and unless something new is posted there, I'm still pretty confident that his commitment is solid.

Prospective RB recruit Bradie Ewing has decided to decline a UND offer in favor of a preferred walk-on invitation from Wisconsin, per a poster on WisSports.Net

Well of any of our needs I feel that we are probably strongest at RB. I'm still really worried about these recruits we've been losing over the last week. I'm afraid that the cupboard will look bare come Wed.

I love the Sutton and Rosario guys, but I think we need more strength across the board than a couple standout guys.

Well of any of our needs I feel that we are probably strongest at RB. I'm still really worried about these recruits we've been losing over the last week. I'm afraid that the cupboard will look bare come Wed.

I love the Sutton and Rosario guys, but I think we need more strength across the board than a couple standout guys.

Until we actually see the full list of signees, it's of course premature to make any judgments. But from what we know (or strongly suspect), I think we have potential impact players in not only Sutton and Rosario, but also Heimler (third-ranked receiver prospect in WI per wissports.net); Wisthoff (possibly the top overall prospect in ND); Watkins (reportedly one of UND's highest-priority db prospects); Brennemann (very impressive at Kansas Jayhawk camp last summer); Benjamin (multiple all-state teams and one of the top linemen in MN); and Magstadt (top-25 prospect in MN per ESPN).

I have heard from sources that this is still going to be considered a very very good class. It really would of been something special if we hadn't had some late decomittments. Considering where we are in our transition it will be a great class. They still have their fingers crossed on some possible impact players. Time will tell.

Well from what you've said if, tomorrow, we have that and more I would be satisfied. I'm just a little scared with losing a few recruits in the last week that we might be losing moer than we know. Hopefully it will be the other way around though! I'm excited to see the official release of names! I'm also excited to win the GWFC next year!

Considering recent recruitment "non-revelations" (Benjamin, Watkins, Magstadt), count me among those who suspect we may have some quality recruits not yet known.

And even though it's the eleventh hour, it appears there may be a number of prospects still out there. Among others, I've yet to see commitments reported for:

Minnesota

Dan Brown; KARE 11/Star-Tribune All-Metro WR (6'5")

Derek Earls; KARE 11/Star-Tribune All-Metro RB/LB(?)/Punter (6'3", 215)

Mathew Muenchow; DB/QB/Punter with previous interest from UND and NDSU

Rashad Gayden; LB with prior UND interest

Willy Baregi, Holy Angels; LB with prior UND interest

Jarid Jackson; highly-graded Champlin Park LB

Andrew Anderson, Crookston; OL (6'7"?)

Jordan Anderson, NewFolden; Minnesota nine-man All-Stater, OL/DL

Wisconsin

Damon Campbell, Wisconsin Lutheran; AP player of the year at LB; prior reported UND and UNI interest

Tyrell Rosemeyer, Fennimore LB; AP First Team (6' 220#); Has UND offer (and Wisconsin walk-on in vite

Tony Lyght, Fennimore OL; Prior reported UND interest (6'5" 290#)

Harold Lloyd, Janesville; AP First Team at both OL and DL

Considering recent recruitment "non-revelations" (Benjamin, Watkins, Magstadt), count me among those who suspect we may have some quality recruits not yet known.

And even though it's the eleventh hour, it appears there may be a number of prospects still out there. Among others, I've yet to see commitments reported for:

Minnesota

Dan Brown; KARE 11/Star-Tribune All-Metro WR (6'5")

Derek Earls; KARE 11/Star-Tribune All-Metro RB/LB(?)/Punter (6'3", 215)

Mathew Muenchow; DB/QB/Punter with previous interest from UND and NDSU

Rashad Gayden; LB with prior UND interest

Willy Baregi, Holy Angels; LB with prior UND interest

Jarid Jackson; highly-graded Champlin Park LB

Andrew Anderson, Crookston; OL (6'7"?)

Jordan Anderson, NewFolden; Minnesota nine-man All-Stater, OL/DL

Wisconsin

Damon Campbell, Wisconsin Lutheran; AP player of the year at LB; prior reported UND and UNI interest

Tyrell Rosemeyer, Fennimore LB; AP First Team (6' 220#); Has UND offer (and Wisconsin walk-on in vite

Tony Lyght, Fennimore OL; Prior reported UND interest (6'5" 290#)

Harold Lloyd, Janesville; AP First Team at both OL and DL

Rumor is Campbell is headed for Minnesota State-Mankato, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Rosemeyer's final 5 are Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, Winona State and UW-La Crosse.

Lyght had an official visit to Minnesota State-Mankato this past weekend and said he is likely going to end up there.

Heard Lloyd may have committed to Wayne State, but haven't been able to confirm that either.