SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU is not a good team

gabe01

You keep thinking that because all you'll ever have is comparison scores which at best is not very good indicator of anything. The only fans that are full of themselves are fan like you. Go out and play somebody sometime like last year (UNI). We'll see how your 2008 schedule is whenever you get your athletic dept straightened out.

Oh burn! Thats a good one. Your momma!!!

I've seen both teams play this year (UND-twice, NDSU-twice), I think the score of the game would be in the fourties or higher because neither defense would stop the other offense. Thats an honest opinion from someone who has seen them both more that once, hell I saw them both on the same day. Was in Grand Forks for Central Washington and than drove to Fargo for Sam Houston State. Both teams obviously have their strenghts and weaknesses and it would be a good game. I don't know which team I would pick. Maybe whoever had the ball last. Out of the two defenses, NDSU has a few more talented players but plays with no discipline and UND would definately throw it around on them. Chappell would also be the best running back they saw this year so far and UND's o-line is very talented. NDSU well I think their offense would score a lot of points as well but they would see the most disciplened defense they've faced all year but it would definately not be the most talented they've faced. It would be good.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the time to go back and look at your posts Bison Dan, and if I am wrong I apologize but I'll bet that last season you and others like you came on this board and said we would not have a chance against UNI. After the game, I'll bet you had a hundred excuses about how UNI was down and overlooked us blah, blah, blah. I realize that it is what drives many of the topics on here but I get real tired of the my "Richard" is bigger than yours when it comes to comparisons between UND and NDSU. Every year each team is different in a number of ways. Face it. These two teams will not play each other for awhile and that is just fine. Meanwhile, we can all play the imaginary game largely played out on this board by a bunch of football wannabes who probably never stepped foot on a football field at this level. There are a number of people that stir the pot and never have to go to battle...would probably crap themselves. Both teams are good and since they are not on the schedule, we will never know.

Nope didn't really talk about the UNI game much. I knew the Sioux would do okay. That's always been my point that we will never know, but Sioux fans bring it up all the time.

27 days and counting...that's how long Bison fans have to try and make the Gopher football team look like a "Big Ten" team. It's going to be hard, since everyone has seen how terrible they are. I can't wait. Who would have thought that playing the Gophers was going to be similar to playing SUU?

Figured I would pipe up and speak my mind. Probably not anything useful but opinions like anybody else's. I am a diehard Bison fan who joined this board because I love Sioux hockey, not to come and talk smack about Sioux football. As far as who wins a game between these 2 this year, there really is no way to say for sure who would win. No matter how much talent, how many schollies, or overall record, really don't mean anything when these 2 teams meet on the field. It's a rivalry and when you have that, it just comes down to who wants it more I think. The only edge I see between these 2 teams is our QB. I'm not trying to be a homer, and honestly I haven't seen your team play this year, so I can't say the "QB edge" goes to Walker. But this kid really is something special, even Sioux fans should be able to admit that. He seems to have this sick ice water in the veins style of play. Roehl and Chappell are 2 different kinds of runners I think, again, haven't seen him play. Roehl goes through people, and it sounds like Chappell goes around them, in a very quick manner. We could sit here all day and compare the 2 teams but it isn't going to solve anything, it just proves how much we all don't really like each other. But as far as respect goes, I have it for you guys, no question about that. If the Sioux were on our schedule this year, regardless of where it was played, it would by far be the one I would be most nervous about. And I remember what it felt like when we went out and beat Montana a few years ago and how thrilling that was and I knew you were all feeling it last year at UNI. I think we really need to embrace the fact that we have 2 awesome programs up here and next year your addition into FCS is really going to help NDSU put North Dakota on the national map. I look forward to playing again, because I really want that nickle back.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends upon which UND team shows up and which NDSU team shows up.

If the NDSU team that showed up against Sam Houston State shows up, I think UND wins. If the NDSU team that played Central Michigan shows up, then NDSU might win. UND hasn't lost this year, but at times sure looked like they were playing like they wanted to.

However, the bad natured smack is the only thing I don't miss about the NDSU/UND rivalry. Brings out the classlessness all around. Then again, I don't know what goes on at the Bison board, but I certainly have plenty to justify this feeling reading this board's Bison contingent.

Wow, that is pathetic! LOL. NDSU would beat UND this year, by at least 2 tds or maybe even more. Last time I checked UND doesn't have Rhett Bomar. And if the NDSU team that beat CMU showed up to play UND, NDSU might win??? HAHA, wow... if that NDSU team showed up against UND it would be 66-7. I hate these comparisons but there's always a few ignorant UND fans who always bloviate...

Wow, that is pathetic! LOL. NDSU would beat UND this year, by at least 2 tds or maybe even more. Last time I checked UND doesn't have Rhett Bomar. And if the NDSU team that beat CMU showed up to play UND, NDSU might win??? HAHA, wow... if that NDSU team showed up against UND it would be 66-7. I hate these comparisons but there's always a few ignorant UND fans who always bloviate...

You hate them, yet your whole post is a comparison. :lol:

You hate them, yet your whole post is a comparison. :lol:

Pathetic and ignorant! 66-7 NDSU if the 2 teams played? Really? I always love to hear from NDSU fans who are punch drunk on their own Kool-Aid! Is NDSU a good FB team--Absolutely. But the reality is a game between the 2 team would be closer than most NDSU fans think it would be. Speaking of pathetic and ignorant, a friend and Bison fan told me yesterday he thinks NDSU would lose MAYBE 2 games if they played a Big Ten schedule this year. Ah, the Kool-Aid!! At least the NDSU grad who mows my lawn doesn't seem drunk as he has not taken out my fence of bushes with his riding mower. Yes, the sky is the limit with a degree from NDSU!!

Pathetic and ignorant! 66-7 NDSU if the 2 teams played? Really? I always love to hear from NDSU fans who are punch drunk on their own Kool-Aid! Is NDSU a good FB team--Absolutely. But the reality is a game between the 2 team would be closer than most NDSU fans think it would be. Speaking of pathetic and ignorant, a friend and Bison fan told me yesterday he thinks NDSU would lose MAYBE 2 games if they played a Big Ten schedule this year. Ah, the Kool-Aid!! At least the NDSU grad who mows my lawn doesn't seem drunk as he has not taken out my fence of bushes with his riding mower. Yes, the sky is the limit with a degree from NDSU!!

That grad has more money in the bank than you! :(

Figured I would pipe up and speak my mind. Probably not anything useful but opinions like anybody else's. I am a diehard Bison fan who joined this board because I love Sioux hockey, not to come and talk smack about Sioux football. As far as who wins a game between these 2 this year, there really is no way to say for sure who would win. No matter how much talent, how many schollies, or overall record, really don't mean anything when these 2 teams meet on the field. It's a rivalry and when you have that, it just comes down to who wants it more I think. The only edge I see between these 2 teams is our QB. I'm not trying to be a homer, and honestly I haven't seen your team play this year, so I can't say the "QB edge" goes to Walker. But this kid really is something special, even Sioux fans should be able to admit that. He seems to have this sick ice water in the veins style of play. Roehl and Chappell are 2 different kinds of runners I think, again, haven't seen him play. Roehl goes through people, and it sounds like Chappell goes around them, in a very quick manner. We could sit here all day and compare the 2 teams but it isn't going to solve anything, it just proves how much we all don't really like each other. But as far as respect goes, I have it for you guys, no question about that. If the Sioux were on our schedule this year, regardless of where it was played, it would by far be the one I would be most nervous about. And I remember what it felt like when we went out and beat Montana a few years ago and how thrilling that was and I knew you were all feeling it last year at UNI. I think we really need to embrace the fact that we have 2 awesome programs up here and next year your addition into FCS is really going to help NDSU put North Dakota on the national map. I look forward to playing again, because I really want that nickle back.

I think this is a very good post. I am a Sioux fan, but the Bison would be the favorites in Vegas simply because of Steve Walker...the guy is very cool under pressure. I know talking smack is part of the UND-NDSU rivalry, but both football programs should be very proud of the success they are enjoying this year. Both schools are undefeated so far this year and both very well could run the table. It would be pretty cool to have both UND and NDSU have undefeated seasons...if one has to lose though, I hope it's the Bison.

I think this is a very good post. I am Sioux fan, but the Bison would be the favorites in Vegas simply because of Steve Walker...the guy is very cool under pressure. I know talking smack is part of the UND-NDSU rivalry, but both football programs should be very proud of the success they are enjoying this year. Both schools are undefeated so far this year and both very well could run the table. It would be pretty cool to have both UND and NDSU have undefeated seasons...if one has to lose though, I hope it's the Bison.

very good post....I love Sioux football and Hockey...I would Obviously want the Sioux to win any game they played.......Who cares who would win the game this year? They don't play each other.....Basically, anyone who has ever played a sport knows teams match up different versus different teams...so comparing a team to this team, that team etc etc Doesn't add up to anything......Regardless if NDSU is better (which overall I believe they probably are right now..with more schollies...etc ...) Comparing UND's win over SUU, Compared to NDSU vs SUU when they play will mean absolutely nothing......Everyone knows that UND vs NDSU never comes down to telent or records, rankings.etc...Its a rivalry game, and you never know really who is going to win the game.....I've seen the SIOux win it when NDSU was way better then them on paper...Ive seem NDSU win it when UND was way better on paper.......I think overall most UND fans and most NDSU fans (at least the fans that really know anything about football) have respect for both North Dakota teams and want the best for both of the teams this year........I'll never forget bringing 2 NDSu football players with me to UND to watch my little bros game, and watching them jumping up and down in the stands chearing for UND,.......

Good luck to the Sioux the rest of the way! I'm hoping for another run this year, and I hope to watch NDSU whoop Minnesota...and in the future I hope to be attending a UND-NDSU game...In which I will be chearing for the Sioux to whoop NDSU!

I saw that game and last time I checked UND has better receivers, offensive line and running back. And after seeing CMU against the bison on the internet gamecast, theres no way they were a better team than Sam Houston St. I can't sit here tell you that UND would beat NDSU, but I'm not going to say they wouldn't either. I honestly think UND would be the best team NDSU has played to date.

I saw that game and last time I checked UND has better receivers, offensive line and running back. And after seeing CMU against the bison on the internet gamecast, theres no way they were a better team than Sam Houston St. I can't sit here tell you that UND would beat NDSU, but I'm not going to say they wouldn't either. I honestly think UND would be the best team NDSU has played to date.

Thank you homer for making my day, I really needed a good laugh and thanks again for providing it.

Thank you homer for making my day, I really needed a good laugh and thanks again for providing it.

Glad I could help. I never said you had to agree with me, I'm just stating what I think after seeing all three of NDSU's games this year and watching them very objectively. Actually cheering for you bison. If that makes me a homer than so be it. But either way glad I could make your day and I'll be in the dome Oct. 6th. Maybe you could come up and join me this weekend at the Alerus for our homecoming and than give me your opinion after only seeing one game.

Glad I could help. I never said you had to agree with me, I'm just stating what I think after seeing all three of NDSU's games this year and watching them very objectively. Actually cheering for you bison. If that makes me a homer than so be it. But either way glad I could make your day and I'll be in the dome Oct. 6th. Maybe you could come up and join me this weekend at the Alerus for our homecoming and than give me your opinion after only seeing one game.

Don't Bison fans have their own board to post on?? I thought they were over the poor Fighting Sioux.

Rhett Bomar's team barely beat an unranked DII team right before they came to Fargo. It really is too bad that the Sioux aren't playing the bison. A lot of the bison fans would have a rude awakening when they found out that the Sioux would give them all they could handle and more. The two teams that the the Bison played at home and the one they played on the road would all have been victories for the the Sioux. The Sioux would have beaten the two Texas teams at home too. And obviously the Central Michigan was very ordinary and time will prove that out. This looks like another year where the bison schedule is way overrated. Remember last year when their schedule wasn't near as tough as they portrayed it too be. Go Sioux.

I never said UND wouldn't give the Bison a good game, I just don't think they are the toughest team NDSU has played to date. As to Homers invite for homecoming this weekend, let me first say thank you, if I didn't live 5 hours from GF I might take you up on that as I love college football and have several frineds who went to UND that will be at the game. I have no doubt I'd be impressed by the Sioux as their offense has put up some pretty damn good numbers to say the least. Good luck against Auggie this weekend and have a good homecoming.

Jeff Kolpack from the Fargo Forum said that if the Sioux and the Bison played twice that the Sioux would probably win in Grand Forks and the Bison would win in Fargo. Most Bison fans and Fargo media say that the Bison have raised the level of their play by a lot in the 4 years of DI transition. Ironically since the Sioux who are just starting their transition to DI and apparently would be capable of beating the Bison according to Kolpack, just think about at what level the Sioux could be at in 4 years.

Who's Rhett Bomar? Did you misspell that? Seems like the R and B should be switched.

Jeff Kolpack from the Fargo Forum said that if the Sioux and the Bison played twice that the Sioux would probably win in Grand Forks and the Bison would win in Fargo. Most Bison fans and Fargo media say that the Bison have raised the level of their play by a lot in the 4 years of DI transition. Ironically since the Sioux who are just starting their transition to DI and apparently would be capable of beating the Bison according to Kolpack, just think about at what level the Sioux could be at in 4 years.

Kolpack said that because it is a rivalry game......

Just wondering what offense and defense the Sioux use. The Bison's Tampa Two defense is susceptible to the spread offense, but facing it three weeks in a row has allowed coach and team to adapt(it's why many of us are confident in a victory over the Gophers). Taking on a more typical offense this week in WIU should be interesting. The run-heavy West Coast offense seems to work pretty well for us with the talent we have.