SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU is not a good team

gabe01

they're saying that even you are stupid to say the sioux would beat the BISON by 30. they aren't saying they wouldn't win but it would be more competitive. remember that a 36 schollie team does not beat a 63 schollie team by 30.

They would've in Lennon hadn't put the scrubs in. :D

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're saying that even you are stupid to say the sioux would beat the BISON by 30. they aren't saying they wouldn't win but it would be more competitive. remember that a 36 schollie team does not beat a 63 schollie team by 30.

Is Northern Colorado at 63 yet?

N Colorado has to have at least 57 (and possibly 63), otherwise Hawaii wouldn't have played them. Southern Utah just increased their scholarships to 57 so they could play money games against IA teams: SUU opens against Air Force next fall.

Not necessarily. Hawaii is playing two FCS teams this year(UNC and Charleston Southern), so one of them won't count no matter how many scholarships they have. It's quite possible that UNC is below the 57 scholarship level if CSU is above it. Hawaii has the option of scheduling 13 games, but they've only scheduled 12 this year for some reason; only 11 of them will count as FBS games.

Its funny that the bison fans talk about how easy D2 is, like they were never D2. I was just wondering where the nickel is? But i suppose it dosent matter any more, Since your a bigshot D1AA team now. I guess the sioux fans and players are bad people because we played a bad D1AA team.

Not necessarily. Hawaii is playing two FCS teams this year(UNC and Charleston Southern), so one of them won't count no matter how many scholarships they have. It's quite possible that UNC is below the 57 scholarship level if CSU is above it. Hawaii has the option of scheduling 13 games, but they've only scheduled 12 this year for some reason; only 11 of them will count as FBS games.

Hawaii attempted to schedule numerous other opponents, including Michigan, Louisville, Tex A&M, and Appalachian State. None of them wanted to risk a loss even at home. Hawaii was forced to limit it's schedule to 12 games.

Honolulu Advertiser on UNC-Hawaii game

Northern Colorado, which was 1-10 last season, recently received certification as a Division I-AA program. Teams at that level are limited to 63 football scholarships. The Bears have 60 scholarship players, and three of them were not available tonight because of injuries.

<Bows to the Internet Spider and his Magnificent Web> :D

Do you know when UNC got to 60? I know they were having serious financial problems when a couple of big donors backed out on their promised contributions just after the DI move. I assume it put their rise in FB scholarships a year or more behind schedule.

Its funny that the bison fans talk about how easy D2 is, like they were never D2. I was just wondering where the nickel is? But i suppose it dosent matter any more, Since your a bigshot D1AA team now. I guess the sioux fans and players are bad people because we played a bad D1AA team.

Yeah we were in D2 once and we won 7 more NCAA Championships than you guys too. No I'm just messing' with ya. I know for a fact that the Sioux would be competitive with D1AA teams right now. At least they would early in the year. I'm convinced there is not a lot of differnce between the starters on a D1AA team and a top D2 team. But it's the depth that they can't match. Point is UND's starters are as good as most D1AA starters but their backups see a big time drop because they don't get scholorships and are generally walkons. If UND would play a team like Northern Iowa in the playoffs they would probably lose because UNI has superior depth and can field a solid team after the wear and tear of the regular season. You guys won a close game last time in week 2. How good would this team be if they lost 5 starters? Notice how UND has never played a D1AA team LATE in the year? Why? Because they know they could not match the depth. Of course the Bison played the Gophers after 7 games and still almost won even though the Gophers have nearly 90 scholorships.

Anyway.. wasn't trying to rip on ya'll for beating SUU. I was just annoyed that some of you think it's a big deal to beat a bottom feeder 1AA team. It's not.

predictions? if NDSU and UND played next week it would be a really good game. I'd of course give NDSU an edge and I'm confident they would win a close game. If UND played NDSU 7 or 8 weeks into the season, they would lose because they don't have the depth NDSU has with more scholorships and all. UND's 2nd stringers can't compete with our 2nd stringers across the board.

Yeah we were in D2 once and we won 7 more NCAA Championships than you guys too. No I'm just messing' with ya. I know for a fact that the Sioux would be competitive with D1AA teams right now. At least they would early in the year. I'm convinced there is not a lot of differnce between the starters on a D1AA team and a top D2 team. But it's the depth that they can't match. Point is UND's starters are as good as most D1AA starters but their backups see a big time drop because they don't get scholorships and are generally walkons. If UND would play a team like Northern Iowa in the playoffs they would probably lose because UNI has superior depth and can field a solid team after the wear and tear of the regular season. You guys won a close game last time in week 2. How good would this team be if they lost 5 starters? Notice how UND has never played a D1AA team LATE in the year? Why? Because they know they could not match the depth. Of course the Bison played the Gophers after 7 games and still almost won even though the Gophers have nearly 90 scholorships.

Anyway.. wasn't trying to rip on ya'll for beating SUU. I was just annoyed that some of you think it's a big deal to beat a bottom feeder 1AA team. It's not.

predictions? if NDSU and UND played next week it would be a really good game. I'd of course give NDSU an edge and I'm confident they would win a close game. If UND played NDSU 7 or 8 weeks into the season, they would lose because they don't have the depth NDSU has with more scholorships and all. UND's 2nd stringers can't compete with our 2nd stringers across the board.

Isn't it somewhat contradictory to say that UND couldn't beat an FCS team late in the year due to the disparity in scholarships and then cite the Bison/Gopher game as an example where a team with a lower number of scholarships almost won late in the year? :D

Notice how UND has never played a D1AA team LATE in the year? Why? Because they know they could not match the depth.

I disagree. For most football teams, the latter portion of a schedule is reserved for/filled with conference games. I don't think most teams have a whole lot of choice with late season scheduling, regardless of FCS/DII status.

I'm convinced there is not a lot of differnce between the starters on a D1AA team and a top D2 team. But it's the depth that they can't match. Point is UND's starters are as good as most D1AA starters but their backups see a big time drop because they don't get scholorships and are generally walkons.

If UND played NDSU 7 or 8 weeks into the season, they would lose because they don't have the depth NDSU has with more scholorships and all. UND's 2nd stringers can't compete with our 2nd stringers across the board.

Funny how UND's depth is reported as a strength in the news and by opposing coaches. Also interesting to see how much playing time they have gotten in recent games. My guess is that the experts are correct in that UND does have depth.

Also seems that a lot of Freshmen are getting a lot of playing time. The way things seem to be going it almost appears that if you dress for the game you will get a chance to play. UND may return a large number of letter winners next year if the underclassmen continue to get as much playing time as they have lately. Seems that a lofty goal for the upperclassmen is to finish the game by the half (30 point lead) to give the underclassment game experience.

And I love how some Bison fans don't realize how much better UND is than they are. They would destroy NDSU by 30 points. That SUU game proved it. NDSU looked pathetic yesterday.

More pathetic than this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHaKOjX_Hs

What a great Jimmy Kleinsasser highlight right up the middle past everyone. Was Jimmy that fast or are the Bison that slow? Against the Bison he looks like he has Randy Moss speed.

SUU is not a good team.

But neither is Steven F. Austin (lost their last three vs. DIIs, including a whuppin' by unranked DII Tarleton State).

And how good is Sam Houston State?

UND, USD, and UN-Omaha may well pose a stiffer challenge (in comparison) this year.

SUU is not a good team.

But neither is Steven F. Austin (lost their last three vs. DIIs, including a whuppin' by unranked DII Tarleton State).

And how good is Sam Houston State?

UND, USD, and UN-Omaha may well pose a stiffer challenge (in comparison) this year.

Have fun trying to compare scores because that's all you got & most of time it doesn't mean much. Have fun with your great schedule that rest of the way, I'm sure all the Sioux fans will. :D

What a great Jimmy Kleinsasser highlight right up the middle past everyone. Was Jimmy that fast or are the Bison that slow? Against the Bison he looks like he has Randy Moss speed.

Actually, you what is more pathetic than the NDSU secondary in that classic video? UND being so stupid that they didn't move up with them. I know UND would beat them by 30, but our administration was so stupid. Thank God Kupchella will be history soon.... Then, I could enjoy the 30 point win.