SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU is not a good team

gabe01

You have to give Stephen F. Austin some credit, they took advantage of 5 Bison turnovers which included 4 uncharacteristic ints by Steve Walkers (he had 4 all of '06). The Bison's running game very impressive and they should have no trouble running against anybody. But the cause for concern is their d-line and secondary, the d-line never really pressured Danny Southall, giving him time to find his Wr's. Southhall is a very good QB, maybe one of the top 5 QBs in the FCS, he's very elusive as well. The secondary looked slow and gave up a lot of big plays but they adjusted well at half-time. It was the Bisons first game of the year, and they did struggle last year vs. SFA, but there's no excuses for their play on defense, they need to improve and make some adjustments if they want to pick up where they left off from last season.

As for UND, I see that Central Washington beat Humboldt 44-0, could be a good game on Saturday for UND and C. Wash.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NDSU would have beaten UND by 30 last season. As for this season, NDSU would win as well but it's still tough to tell, you can't really judge a team after one game. If they played and I had to guess I would say NDSU 35-20.

Dream on :D That is laughable. Anyone who knows anything about football knows that if UND and the bison played last year or this year or next year the game would be a tossup. The edge that NDSU has is that UND probably couyld not have went 10-1 against the same schedule as NDSU played last season due to depth becoming a factor as the season goes on.

Tarleton State # 7 in lastest poll. But I have to agree SFA isn't a very good team.

So SFA lost to the #7 ranked team in D2 by 3 points and they suck?

By Sioux fans logic... #7 D2 Tarleton State should beat NDSU by 20 points.

And UND's backups will get a lot of playing time against Crookston. Problem is, Crookston sucks so when they play good teams the backups will get they ass whooped.

I'm trying to figure out why there are Bison fans on SiouxSports. Are they bored? Is this a down year for Bison football and for them to feel better about themselves they come here to smack?

It really is quite dumbfounding. Equally dumbfounding is how some of them are getting upset, if not a offended, that Sioux fans dare to think the Sioux are a good team this year.

So SFA lost to the #7 ranked team in D2 by 3 points and they suck?

By Sioux fans logic... #7 D2 Tarleton State should beat NDSU by 20 points.

And UND's backups will get a lot of playing time against Crookston. Problem is, Crookston sucks so when they play good teams the backups will get they ass whooped.

What poll are you looking at? The only poll that I find legitimately correct(as well as some meaning) on D2 ranking is the American Coaches Football Association and they had Tarleton State last ranked at #22 on September 4th of last week(before that they weren't even ranked). So please enlighten us on what poll your referring to cause in all of the polls that I've looked at I see Tarleton State being no where close to being ranked #7.

What poll are you looking at? The only poll that I find legitimately correct(as well as some meaning) on D2 ranking is the American Coaches Football Association and they had Tarleton State last ranked at #22 on September 4th of last week(before that they weren't even ranked). So please enlighten us on what poll your referring to cause in all of the polls that I've looked at I see Tarleton State being no where close to being ranked #7.

You need to read your own blog it's in DII Poll thread. Week 3

#3 - CollegeSportsReport.com

It is ridiculous to try to compare NDSU and UND at this point in time. What is important to remember is current history not the glory days of the steriod 80's of the Bison. Lennon was 4 out of 5 against the Bison and the real reason the Bison went to D1 is they couldn't compete for the same athletes with UND anymore.

It is ridiculous to try to compare NDSU and UND at this point in time. What is important to remember is current history not the glory days of the steriod 80's of the Bison. Lennon was 4 out of 5 against the Bison and the real reason the Bison went to D1 is they couldn't compete for the same athletes with UND anymore.

Yeah the Bison went D1 in ALL SPORTS because they couldn't compete with the Sioux in Football. :D Considering they lost the last game to UND back in 2003 in OT, I don't think that's a fair statement.

Even back when we were D2 with half the scholorships we always played each other tough. Every game was close. Last 5 meetings.

2003 - Lost in OT

2002 - Lost 6-12

2001 - Lost 7-19

2000 - Won 16-13

1999 - Lost 10-13

UND has never played NDSU team with 63 scholorships.

So why is UND going D1 then? For the same reasons as NDSU... more scholorships, money, exposure, and competition. Plus a better chance of making the playoffs because the D2 system is a joke. Remember back in 2003 when NDSU missed the playoffs and Concordia St Paul made it depsite losing to NDSU 58-24.

Tarleton State is currently #5

Preseason poll: #17 http://collegesportsreport.com/Football%20...D2/D2_01_07.htm

week 1: #17 http://collegesportsreport.com/Football%20...D2/D2_02_07.htm

week 2: #8 http://collegesportsreport.com/Football%20...D2/D2_03_07.htm

week 3: #5 http://collegesportsreport.com/Football%20...D2/D2_04_07.htm

I still think SFA is a weak team but it's not like they "got blown away by a bad unranked D2 team." They lost by 3 in a close game. The Bison beat them by 10 despite losing the turnover battle 5-0, put up 600 yards of offense, and ran for 8 ypc. Like I said before any other week they win by 40. They return 2 starters this week that were suspended. I expect NDSU to win this week by 4 TD's against a better team.

Tarleton State is currently #5

Preseason poll: #17 http://collegesportsreport.com/Football%20...D2/D2_01_07.htm

week 1: #17 http://collegesportsreport.com/Football%20...D2/D2_02_07.htm

week 2: #8 http://collegesportsreport.com/Football%20...D2/D2_03_07.htm

week 3: #5 http://collegesportsreport.com/Football%20...D2/D2_04_07.htm

I still think SFA is a weak team but it's not like they "got blown away by a bad unranked D2 team." They lost by 3 in a close game. The Bison beat them by 10 despite losing the turnover battle 5-0, put up 600 yards of offense, and ran for 8 ypc. Like I said before any other week they win by 40. They return 2 starters this week that were suspended. I expect NDSU to win this week by 4 TD's against a better team.

I agree with Diggler, any poll not having GVSU as #1 is a joke. Especially having the likes of Delta State University as the #1 when they got manhandled by GVSU last year. Back-to-back national champions or some team that got sent back to earth in the playoffs by the team that won the national championship. I mean no way is Tarleton State better than teams like North Alabama or even Pittsburg State. It's laughable just thinking that. But if it helps you justify why it was a pretty 'close' game then fine.

Anyways though as many have stated who really knows who'd win in a UND//NDSU match-up. It's called a rivalry and even when one of the teams is having a down season they are always ready to try and beat there rivals. I think NDSU just had some rust and the coaching staff will make sure by next game you won't even think back to the first game of the season.

UND has never played NDSU team with 63 scholorships.

Just because something is free (NDSU scholarship) doesn't mean kids want to go there. If I had to choose between UND without a scholarship and NDSU with a scholarship I would go to UND. Also same with my kids NDSU couldn't pay me enough for me to want send my kids there.

Just because NDSU can find 63 suckers to take their money it doesn't make them a better football team. For example SUU has more scholarships than UND. It didn't seem to make them a better Football team. Obviously it takes a lot more than scholarship money.

UND's 2nd stringers can't compete with our 2nd stringers across the board.

Given the speed. or lack thereof, of your 1's last Saturday, one wonders how slow the 2's, 3's, and 4's are. What do the coaches' do when timing the 40, start them, then go have a beer and return in an hour or so to see if anyone has finished.

http://www.d2football.com/top25poll/11/

We should probably go by this poll. Tarleton St. is #21.

Also I hate how some of you trash talk NDSU football and talk up UND football like they're better than NDSU. NDSU is clearly one of the top programs in the FCS. UND is one of the top programs in D-II. Once UND becomes a top program in the FCS (if they do) then you can talk trash and compare them. Because right now NDSU football is at another level. And is clearly a better team.

http://www.d2football.com/top25poll/11/

We should probably go by this poll. Tarleton St. is #21.

Also I hate how some of you trash talk NDSU football and talk up UND football like they're better than NDSU. NDSU is clearly one of the top programs in the FCS. UND is one of the top programs in D-II. Once UND becomes a top program in the FCS (if they do) then you can talk trash and compare them. Because right now NDSU football is at another level. And is clearly a better team.

WHAT THE HELL WOULD YOU EXPECT!!!!! THIS IS SIOUXSPORTS.COM FOR GOD'S SAKE! WATER IS WET, THE SKY IS BLUE, SIOUX FANS "TALK UP UND FOOTBALL LIKE THEY'RE BETTER THAN NDSU." IS SOMEONE MAKING YOU COME TO THIS SITE? IF SO, PLEASE DIAL 911. IF NOT, AND YOU "HATE HOW SOME OF YOU TRASH TALK NDSU FOOTBALL", THEN HERE'S AN IDEA...DON'T COME HERE!!!!