SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU is not a good team

gabe01

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you guys trash talk Bison football

wow! a SIOUX message board that doesn't like BISON football. What a strange concept.

Seriously, I personally do not care whether NDSU wins or loses. But NDSU fans can not come onto a Sioux message board and tell us that our win doesn't matter and that the team we played is not any good and expect to win any friends. That is not how it works.

How much of this is because the (manufactured) hype about "higher level of play" and "tougher competition" and "better teams and better play" coming from some quarters now has to face the scrutiny of "UND 35, Northern Iowa 31" and "UND 37, Southern Utah 10"?

Given that, you have to expect that some folks are going to wonder aloud about the emperor's (FCS's) clothes.

So why is UND going D1 then? For the same reasons as NDSU... more scholorships, money, exposure, and competition. Plus a better chance of making the playoffs because the D2 system is a joke. Remember back in 2003 when NDSU missed the playoffs and Concordia St Paul made it depsite losing to NDSU 58-24.

I will agree with the points raised by our Bison friend above. Although I still think the Sioux would win by 30 if we played, the problem is the we DON"T play and we have our aweful administration at UND to blame. What the heck were they thinking when they did not move up with NDSU? I find their leadership shameful and it makes me wish Dr. Chapman was at UND, not NDSU.

Now, how can any of us blame NDSU in shunning Bunning in trying to resume the rivalry? Like they say, payback is a _____. All, I can do in the mean time is say the Sioux will win by 30, but I will never know.

http://www.d2football.com/top25poll/11/

We should probably go by this poll. Tarleton St. is #21.

Also I hate how some of you trash talk NDSU football and talk up UND football like they're better than NDSU. NDSU is clearly one of the top programs in the FCS. UND is one of the top programs in D-II. Once UND becomes a top program in the FCS (if they do) then you can talk trash and compare them. Because right now NDSU football is at another level. And is clearly a better team.

How about we forfeit the next 17 years and then the all time series will be even and it will give the Cow College something to brag about! We'll even let you claim all 17 games were actually played. NDSU can even buy airtime again on Fox Sports North and run reruns of the games from the 80s and just change the years. Go sit on your milk bucket on manureville.com!!

I will agree with the points raised by our Bison friend above. Although I still think the Sioux would win by 30 if we played, the problem is the we DON"T play and we have our aweful administration at UND to blame. What the heck were they thinking when they did not move up with NDSU? I find their leadership shameful and it makes me wish Dr. Chapman was at UND, not NDSU.

Now, how can any of us blame NDSU in shunning Bunning in trying to resume the rivalry? Like they say, payback is a _____. All, I can do in the mean time is say the Sioux will win by 30, but I will never know.

Obviously, a Bison fan worshipping at the stone idol of Chapman.

Could be Johnnyroyale? How about nanoBison? :D

Well obviously UND fans don't like NDSU and vice versa, a fu%$n monkey could tell us that. That's not what I was trying to say, it's just too bad that you guys down talk NDSU football when they're clearly better then UND football right now. You dont see me down talking Appalachian St. football, because it's common sense, Appalachian St. is clearly better then NDSU. Is that a good enough example for most of you?

Well obviously UND fans don't like NDSU and vice versa, a fu%$n monkey could tell us that. That's not what I was trying to say, it's just too bad that you guys down talk NDSU football when they're clearly better then UND football right now. You dont see me down talking Appalachian St. football, because it's common sense, Appalachian St. is clearly better then NDSU. Is that a good enough example for most of you?

Here's a shovel....

mmut_avy_shovel_exprt_07.jpg

...Keep on Digging

Just like Northern Iowa was clearly better than UND last year. And SUU was at a different level this year. I've seen both schools play already this year, I didn't see anything that made them clearly better. Maybe this week they will prove something different but right now you sound like the fu%$n monkey doing the talking.

Just like Northern Iowa was clearly better than UND last year. And SUU was at a different level this year. I've seen both schools play already this year, I didn't see anything that made them clearly better. Maybe this week they will prove something different but right now you sound like the fu%$n monkey doing the talking.

I will give you credit for beating Northern Iowa, but SUU come on now... they're a joke and should be D-11. I wonder if they could beat half of the D-2 teams? SUU at a different level??? WOW I dont mean D-1AA and DII, not that way, I mean just look at the programs. NDSU would have at least made the semi's of the 1-AA playoffs last year (same as UND in d2) if it wasnt for probation. UND did beat Northern Iowa, but NDSU beat Ball St., Georgia Southern, and a good UC-Davis team last year. They took a Big 10 team down to the wire in their house and dominated them in nearly every aspect of the game. I saw UND beat Winona St. (BIG WIN) and Minnesota St last season. And this year, yes NDSU did struggle their first game but SFA did already have a game under their belt, and you wont see those bad decisions from Steve Walker ever again, because SFA scored on 3 of those picks and NDSU was in the red zone for two of it's 5 t.o.'s. Let's see how UND would fare with NDSU's schedule... I doubt they would finish 10-1 like last years Bison squad. NDSU is a top program in D-1AA and UND is a top program in D2... that's the difference.

I will give you credit for beating Northern Iowa, but SUU come on now... they're a joke and should be D-11. I wonder if they could beat half of the D-2 teams? SUU at a different level??? WOW I dont mean D-1AA and DII, not that way, I mean just look at the programs. NDSU would have at least made the semi's of the 1-AA playoffs last year (same as UND in d2) if it wasnt for probation. UND did beat Northern Iowa, but NDSU beat Ball St., Georgia Southern, and a good UC-Davis team last year. They took a Big 10 team down to the wire in their house and dominated them in nearly every aspect of the game. I saw UND beat Winona St. (BIG WIN) and Minnesota St last season. And this year, yes NDSU did struggle their first game but SFA did already have a game under their belt, and you wont see those bad decisions from Steve Walker ever again, because SFA scored on 3 of those picks and NDSU was in the red zone for two of it's 5 t.o.'s. Let's see how UND would fare with NDSU's schedule... I doubt they would finish 10-1 like last years Bison squad. NDSU is a top program in D-1AA and UND is a top program in D2... that's the difference.

Q: Did you hear about the fire in NDSU's football dorm that destroyed 20 books?

A: The real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet.

......yes NDSU did struggle their first game but SFA did already have a game under their belt, and you wont see those bad decisions from Steve Walker ever again, because SFA scored on 3 of those picks and NDSU was in the red zone for two of it's 5 t.o.'s.

Yes, the game would not have been nearly as close if not for those untimely interceptions. It is too bad for you that they actually make the quarterback participate in the games. :D

This UC-Davis team of which you speak wouldn't be the same UC-Davis that got beat by Western Washington, a bottom tier NCC team from last year, during the opening of their new stadium nonetheless. Your arguments just went out the window.

You can just feel the agitation with bison fans posting on this site. It is bothering the S**t out of them that these D-2 teams are beating not just FCS schools, but Great West opponents to boot. That just isn't supposed to happen.

Like someone said ....

How much of this is because the (manufactured) hype about "higher level of play" and "tougher competition" and "better teams and better play" coming from some quarters now has to face the scrutiny of "UND 35, Northern Iowa 31" and "UND 37, Southern Utah 10" [edit] and FCS UC-Davis and SFA losses to DIIs?

Given that, you have to expect that some folks are going to wonder aloud about the emperor's (FCS's) clothes.

You can just feel the agitation with bison fans posting on this site. It is bothering the S**t out of them that these D-2 teams are beating not just FCS schools, but Great West opponents to boot. That just isn't supposed to happen.

I suppose when the Bison play the Sioux we should expect at least one Bison player to be named player of the week:

http://www.suu.edu/athletics/06pows.html :D

WOW! Impressive punting yardage.

This UC-Davis team of which you speak wouldn't be the same UC-Davis that got beat by Western Washington, a bottom tier NCC team from last year, during the opening of their new stadium nonetheless. Your arguments just went out the window.

I was talking about last years UC-Davis team, they were a good tean last season and lost i think around 15-16 starters from the '06 squad. Their team this year is very young and in-experienced.

The question had earlier been raised about how many scholarships SUU offered:

62 (1 less than allowable) and 26 more than UND.

Source: Salt Lake Tribune: SUU football Facing an uphill climb

Since Meier's hiring, SUU has improved from the days of mostly busing for road games and small scholarship offerings. Now, the Thunderbirds will charter flights out of Cedar City, thanks mostly to Beazer, who raised more than $500,000. And SUU has increased its scholarships from 41 to 62. Meier insists his program is still on the rise - though he and his coaching staff still do the dirty work like cleaning the players uniforms - and will play the role of underdogs for sometime before it develops into something like Montana, a longtime FCS powerhouse