SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

10 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I'm sorry but this is an ugly ass building.

I take it you haven't ridden your bike down to Fargo recently.
That "4+1" or "3+1" (residential floors + commercial floor) design is prolific. 
This at least has roof line breaks and jut-outs to break up the visual lines. 

Nobody builds St Peter's Bascillica or the Taj Mahal today. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I take it you haven't ridden your bike down to Fargo recently.
That "4+1" or "3+1" (residential floors + commercial floor) design is prolific. 
This at least has roof line breaks and jut-outs to break up the visual lines. 

Nobody builds St Peter's Bascillica or the Taj Mahal today. 

Nistler Hall is on line 1

4 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think its the black "siding"....... and why the dark grey "siding"....why not use the creamy color like on the skyway over columbia

Too bad the brick from Memorial Stadium and the dorms that were tore down couldn't be reused.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

I won't be applying to live there. Those prices are outrageous. Anyone who can afford that could just as well buy a house.

I promise that you aren't the target demographic.
Rents are in line with other similar units in the market and there is a whole lot of convenience that come with this one.
Can't complain about people not investing money and then criticize the prices they need to charge to see appropriate return on their investments.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Rents are in line with other similar units in the market and there is a whole lot of convenience that come with this one.
Can't complain about people not investing money and then criticize the prices they need to charge to see appropriate return on their investments.

I pay $800/month for 1100 Square Feet. And no, it isn't a rat-infested crap hole either.

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

And if they can't fill them at these prices, I won't feel sorry for them.

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

On the other end of the overpass sits The Boden. 
https://www.thebodenund.com/grand-forks/the-boden/student/ 

Pricing doesn't seem out of line given the added convenience of MVI (and soon MVII). 

Mainly students will live at The Boden. Something I haven't been for almost 24 years. :p

30 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I would've paid a couple hundred more, at least, to be that close to campus....  Especially if you would otherwise have to park outside, not having to drive to campus and then find parking during the winter would be a huge game changer.