SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I don't think we have to worry about it.  Jordan Schmaltz gave a verbal to Wisconsin.  Jason Gregoire gave a verbal to Denver.  Both decommitted and came here and played under Hakstol.

Well the Osieki left Wisconsin so Jordan opened up his recruitment again and Gregiore, all things equal was going to go to UND but DU was going to bring him in a year earlier than we were.....Gwoz pushed him back a year and he changed his mind and went to UND......so it's not like UND recruited committed players.

That said, I don't have a problem recruiting verbals when they are 16-17. We haven't but I wouldn't mind if we did.

• Upvote 2

So Eaves announced the BADger signees today. Why nothing from UND?

The last few years they haven't announced any until the summer, and have only announced the ones in the upcoming freshman class.

There's typically a couple that sign a year early (Poolman signed a year early then his arrival, Chris Wilkie signed last year, etc). 

(Now watch, tomorrow they announce them. Heh)

I don't think we have to worry about it.  Jordan Schmaltz gave a verbal to Wisconsin.  Jason Gregoire gave a verbal to Denver.  Both decommitted and came here and played under Hakstol.

Stecher was a UNO commit, and I believe St. Clair had committed to CC as well. 

A friend told me that they say Hak with what they said "a Slovakian kid" at squires today.

Matej Tomek is a Slovakian goalie playing in the NAHL and finishes school this year. I think he's too good to be in the NAHL and should be in the USHL. He's listed as a B prospect for the NHL draft.

Alexander Chmelevski is an American born Ukrainian.

Vanya Lodnia is an American born Ukrainian.

I hope UND can get all three of these guys.

A friend told me that they say Hak with what they said "a Slovakian kid" at squires today.

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Sorry - couldn't resist! :bigsmile:

• Upvote 2

Matej Tomek is a Slovakian goalie playing in the NAHL and finishes school this year. I think he's too good to be in the NAHL and should be in the USHL. He's listed as a B prospect for the NHL draft.

Alexander Chmelevski is an American born Ukrainian.

If we do, we'll never hear the end of it from the MafiaMan....he loves him some Russian hockey. ;)
  • Upvote 1

If we do, we'll never hear the end of it from the MafiaMan....he loves him some Russian hockey. ;)

You should see Tomek on the Slovakian World Junior team.

There is a Estonian playing on the Honeybaked U18, Vadim Vasjonkin his numbers don't jump out at me when looking at his stats.   

Alexander Chmelevski is an American born Ukrainian.

Dang, this talk about Slovaks makes me miss Sparky.