SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I am not so sure on these "blue chippaz". We want titles, call it the Yale and Union formula. Get guys who are excited to play for the University of North Dakota and NCAA titles more than their future contracts.

I don't think having Auston Matthews on our team would make it less likely that we win a national championship...

I am not so sure on these "blue chippaz". We want titles, call it the Yale and Union formula. Get guys who are excited to play for the University of North Dakota and NCAA titles more than their future contracts.

They each have won one title. Hit the brakes on following "their" formulas. Hak has been a good recruiter while he's been here. Other teams have players decommit or leave early as well. In the past several years we've had some pretty decent seniors; knight, Kristo, parks, Macmillan (just to name a few).

On the surface, totally agree.  Not sure about how it affects the locker room.  Very interesting debate for sure.

I think focusing too much on the previous 2 national champions is a little shortsighted. BC did just fine having top end talent on their team. As long as we're going with the Yale and Union argument, should we also stop giving out scholarships?

I think focusing too much on the previous 2 national champions is a little shortsighted. BC did just fine having top end talent on their team. As long as we're going with the Yale and Union argument, should we also stop giving out scholarships?

People's heads will really spin when Harvard wins the title this year.

Yup, they have high end talent on their team. Apples and Oranges comparison to Yale and Union.

Draft picks schmraft picks. If my math is accurate, Harvard has 9 currently on their roster. By comparison, Wisconsin has 7 "high end talent" players...hasn't helped them much.

Draft picks schmraft picks. If my math is accurate, Harvard has 9 currently on their roster. By comparison, Wisconsin has 7 "high end talent" players...hasn't helped them much.

Programs with more draft picks, on average, tend to be better than programs with minimal draft picks.

You happened to pick Wisconsin only because they are having the worst start in their history. Which "high end" players are you referring to and where were they drafted? Dougherty (sp?) is the only higher end player that jumps out at me and I don't believe he was a first rounder.

Programs with more draft picks, on average, tend to be better than programs with minimal draft picks.

You happened to pick Wisconsin only because they are having the worst start in their history. Which "high end" players are you referring to and where were they drafted? Dougherty (sp?) is the only higher end player that jumps out at me and I don't believe he was a first rounder.

Well, the original poster mentioned Harvard's "high end talent" but their two highest draft picks were Brian Hart at 53 (2012 2nd round) and Jimmy Vesey at 66 (also 2012 3rd round)...I am assuming his definition of HET is any player who has been drafted by an NHL team...

Chris Dilks retweeted

Oilers prospect William Lagesson (SWE) told me he will be looking at NCAA schools after the world juniors - he's in the USHL right now

Chris Dilks@ChrisDilks 1h1 hour ago

LRT: TSN mentioned North Dakota has a possible landing spot for Lagesson on one of their pre-tournament broadcasts.

Chris Dilks retweeted

Oilers prospect William Lagesson (SWE) told me he will be looking at NCAA schools after the world juniors - he's in the USHL right now

Chris Dilks@ChrisDilks 1h1 hour ago

LRT: TSN mentioned North Dakota has a possible landing spot for Lagesson on one of their pre-tournament broadcasts.

Spirko the last foreign player?