SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

exactly my point.......but dont want to get into it here as this is a prospective recruits thread so will keep it at that.

OK...but before this is over, my 2 cents agree with your 2 cents.

He was put on the back burner without even a thought.

He handled the whole deal with more class than I ever could have (and didn't).

Love that guy. :D

OK...but before this is over, my 2 cents agree with your 2 cents.

He was put on the back burner without even a thought.

He handled the whole deal with more class than I ever could have (and didn't).

Love that guy. :D

:lol:

ok, back to topic, is there any rumblings on jordan murray and if he will go the college route like brady. thx

:lol:

ok, back to topic, is there any rumblings on jordan murray and if he will go the college route like brady. thx

Honestly, given his size its probably college or maybe Europe somewhere. My guess is that as an 09 he would be welcomed with open arms, but as an 08 there might not be room. I have to assume that first choice for 08 of the players we don't have committed would be Toews.

I was the most impressed with Novotny when Shattuck played the Elite team at the Ralph. But I think watching a person one time and forming an opinion can lead to some bad conclusions. I didn't think Ben Blood stood out much that game, but he obviously has top-end talent. Some players just have standout games and then fall off after that. I may have caught Blood on a mediocre night and Novotny on a great night.

how about this kid? Dad played for Michigan Tech and had a long NHL career.

Luke Moffatt has been one of the most hyped hockey players in the history of The Scouting News. WHL scouts were dying to see the fourteen year in action for the first time in Medicine Hat this season. Moffatt, who should get some consideration for a NTDP final 40 invite this year as an underager reminded scouts of a young Daniel Briere.

He isn't a Crosby or Esposito so the mere fact that he is still at SSM vice the CHL strongly suggests he is interested in DI hockey.

wow,thanks for clearing that up, i thought jordan was right up with sid the kid and espisito :)

There are a number of names out there that may or may not become future Fighting Sioux. Some are strong possibilities like Mario Lamoureux and others might be pure speculation. This is a good place to keep that stuff in one place.

Some that come to mind:

Mario Lamoureux - 2 goals and 1 assist in 1 Buc Bowl game with Tri-City of the USHL

Darcy Zajac - started off the preseason hot with a hat trick but in 2 regular season games has no goals and 1 assist.

Chay Genoway - is playing D for Vernon of the BCHL and has no points in 3 games.

Michael Forney - currently playing football

Sioux coaches have travelled twice to Alberta to see AJHL players. One player they are very high on is Okotoks Oiler forward David Civiterese. Other Oilers getting looks from colleges are Brad Eidsness, Justin Daigle, Derek Burnett and Kyle Schussler.

Sioux coaches have travelled twice to Alberta to see AJHL players. One player they are very high on is Okotoks Oiler forward David Civiterese. Other Oilers getting looks from colleges are Brad Eidsness, Justin Daigle, Derek Burnett and Kyle Schussler.

http://www.okotoksoilers.com/players.cfm?p...amp;playerid=16

David Civiterese is a big RW and looks to be an 08 or 09. FYI, I see that OKotoks is Holy Cross recruiting territory...

I guess someone else is going to get Winnipeg's Wade Poplawski. He has progressed into the leading D man in the MJHL this year and based on his comments in this article you can tell that he was hoping to get some interest from the WCHA.

http://www.mjhlhockey.ca/news_item.aspx?ne...60&team_id=

http://www.mjhlhockey.ca/stats.aspx

There's a little rumor on the high school board that Jordy Murray committed to Wisconsin. He's on Shattuck's top line with Stepan and Montpetit, both of whom will also be Badgers.

That would suck to see them all go to UW, especially Murray with the brother connection.

But I guess (if it is true) that we have won many recruiting battles with UW recently, so we were bound to lose one eventually.

That would suck to see them all go to UW, especially Murray with the brother connection.

But I guess (if it is true) that we have won many recruiting battles with UW recently, so we were bound to lose one eventually.

This doesn't mean I know anything about the situation. We may have lost a recruiting battle to Bucky for Murray, or we may not have had room depending on when he was going to come in and who else we either have or possibly preferred to get.

I would tend to lean toward the fact that UND may not have really "lost" the recruiting battle to UW (if indeed Murray commits) but more that UND in a sense beat themselves. I think with all the new recruits of high end talent that UND will probably start to look less attractive to players who either don't want to wait a year or think that they should be on the first 2 lines with lots of playing time immediately. Bottomline is that there is only so much room (talent level regardless) and that at some point we just can't take anymore.

I would tend to lean toward the fact that UND may not have really "lost" the recruiting battle to UW (if indeed Murray commits) but more that UND in a sense beat themselves. I think with all the new recruits of high end talent that UND will probably start to look less attractive to players who either don't want to wait a year or think that they should be on the first 2 lines with lots of playing time immediately. Bottomline is that there is only so much room (talent level regardless) and that at some point we just can't take anymore.

You might be right, the stable is looking pretty full for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Yup, Murray to Red...

Way to throw your life away kid... ;)

Just Kidding, I wish you the best of luck but no W's against the Sioux. :angry:

An offensive player in defensive systems team. Whew, boy that would make me want to go there.

Of course with Connely in net they are going to have to score more goals to win. I guess it depends how you look at it.

An offensive player in defensive systems team. Whew, boy that would make me want to go there.

Of course with Connely in net they are going to have to score more goals to win. I guess it depends how you look at it.

Connely will graduate before Murray arrives.