SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I was a recruit once . . . . Only in my dreams. I know that recruits are an important topic of conversation for many.

For me, I could care less about kids, and potential recruits, until they are solidly in the fold and

skating at The Ralph. Until then, recruits are just dust in the wind.

The Sioux are always going to recruit top shelf. There's hundreds of top shelfers to be had.

The important thing is what the coaches, and the teammates, do with the recruits once they

arrive. The Hak Staff does just fine in that department.

Press clippings and hype ain't much of nothing. I stopped reading, and listening to, mine

years ago.

Is this what you guys are trying to say?:silly:

Blah, Blah, Blah

Prove it once, then you'll be 'bonefied'. ??? I'm sure your sources will forgive you once, your precious secrets.

ps. Settle down boyz. My dad can still beat up your dad's. ;)

Has anyone visited lately and who are we still after..

All these guys have been mentioned before, but here are the main recruits we have been after:

Defenseman: There really is only one defeseman for next year that I've heard of

Ben Blood - Shattuck St. Mary's - According to Heisenburg he is choosing be North Dakota and SCSU with Wisconsin and Duluth as longshots.

Fowards:

Riley Nash: Salmon Arm (BCHL)

Jason Gregoire: Lincoln (USHL)

August Aiken: Salmon Arm (BCHL) - According to Heisenburg he receieved interest from North Dakota, Anchorage, and Wisconsin

Justin Johnson: Eau Claire North HS

Travis Erstad: Steven's Point HS

Goalies: This was the only goalie mentioned on Heisenburg's site that we pursued interest in

Chris Rawlings: Salmon Arm (BCHL)

For 2008 there aren't any defenseman that I know if were pursuing or not, we have verbals from Cichy and Kristo, some other fowards we are pursuing are David Toews and Jordy Murray, both from Shattuck, and Kelly Zajac from Salmon Arm.

All these guys have been mentioned before, but here are the main recruits we have been after:

Defenseman: There really is only one defeseman for next year that I've heard of

Ben Blood - Shattuck St. Mary's - According to Heisenburg he is choosing be North Dakota and SCSU with Wisconsin and Duluth as longshots.

Fowards:

Riley Nash: Salmon Arm (BCHL)

Jason Gregoire: Lincoln (USHL)

August Aiken: Salmon Arm (BCHL) - According to Heisenburg he receieved interest from North Dakota, Anchorage, and Wisconsin

Justin Johnson: Eau Claire North HS

Travis Erstad: Steven's Point HS

Goalies: This was the only goalie mentioned on Heisenburg's site that we pursued interest in

Chris Rawlings: Salmon Arm (BCHL)

For 2008 there aren't any defenseman that I know if were pursuing or not, we have verbals from Cichy and Kristo, some other fowards we are pursuing are David Toews and Jordy Murray, both from Shattuck, and Kelly Zajac from Salmon Arm.

I'm currious when Heisenburg reported this...

A source (yes I know it seems odd) told me Blood was on his recruiting visit here last night. I don't know if anyone else saw him but hopefully his recruiting visit went well. Let's hope he didn't care to much about the score :D Also, respoding to the post earlier, two recruits I forgot to mention (which I've mentioned before) that we could possibly be recruiting are Tyler Gron and Cam Lamoureux from the AJHL.

A source (yes I know it seems odd) told me Blood was on his recruiting visit here last night. I don't know if anyone else saw him but hopefully his recruiting visit went well. Let's hope he didn't care to much about the score :D Also, respoding to the post earlier, two recruits I forgot to mention (which I've mentioned before) that we could possibly be recruiting are Tyler Gron and Cam Lamoureux from the AJHL.

He was on the Sioux bench before last night's game. He was also seen between periods last night with Fabian in line waiting for dip and dots! :lol:

Supposedly Blood loved the atmosphere at the SCSU game on his visit (was the opponent MN?). Too bad he wasn't in tonite instead of last night. Better game, with probably a better atmosphere....

If Blood wants to play for a second division team; that sometimes competes for the WCHA title, that sometimes plays in the NCAA tourney then SCSU is for him. Lets not forget that SCSU is also a team that puts up banners in the rafters for NCAA participation; this is the same team that is 0 for in the NCAA tourney, compared to a team that has won 7 NCAA titles and a team that has won 30 games in the NCAA tourney. Maybe someone should remind him who played in the Frozen Four the last two season and have missed NCAA playoffs just one in the past 9 years. But if Blood wants to play for a second tier then go ahead and play for the Huskies.

If Blood wants to play for a second division team; that sometimes competes for the WCHA title, that sometimes plays in the NCAA tourney then SCSU is for him. Lets not forget that SCSU is also a team that puts up banners in the rafters for NCAA participation; this is the same team that is 0 for in the NCAA tourney, compared to a team that has won 7 NCAA titles and a team that has won 30 games in the NCAA tourney. Maybe someone should remind him who played in the Frozen Four the last two season and have missed NCAA playoffs just one in the past 9 years. But if Blood wants to play for a second tier then go ahead and play for the Huskies.

I would have more readily agreed with you if Dahl was still the coach. I believe Motzko is changing things in St. Cloud, and the future is brighter there than it has been. Time will tell.

I agree 100%....but you never know what goes through the minds of these kids.

I agree 100%....but you never know what goes through the minds of these kids.

I remember it was said Matt Cullen played for SCSU because they had a nice weight room? I think I read that in the paper somewhere. Whatever works for him. I mean if Blood wants to play for SCSU, maybe because there are less stars to compete with, I am cool with that.

Ok, but does it make them a yearly contender? Or in the end will they end up being a beter also ran or filler team?

This is a good question and I think that for as much as Motzko is an improvement over Dahl they face an uphill battle to keep up with North Dakota, Wisconsin, Denver, CC, and Minnesota. Just looking at UND's and Wisconsin's recruiting classes for the next couple of years they are reloading in a big way. Minnesota and Denver are maybe just a tad behind but certainly not too shabby. CC is probably the worst (On paper) of these 5 but they still have some very skilled players lined up as well.

This is what SCSU is up against in my opinion. Without top flight goaltending such as they have now they will struggle to finish in the top 5 consistently.

This is a good question and I think that for as much as Motzko is an improvement over Dahl they face an uphill battle to keep up with North Dakota, Wisconsin, Denver, CC, and Minnesota. Just looking at UND's and Wisconsin's recruiting classes for the next couple of years they are reloading in a big way. Minnesota and Denver are maybe just a tad behind but certainly not too shabby. CC is probably the worst (On paper) of these 5 but they still have some very skilled players lined up as well.

This is what SCSU is up against in my opinion. Without top flight goaltending such as they have now they will struggle to finish in the top 5 consistently.

Actually if look at SCSU's record they declined after Seratore left SCSU. Supporting cast also makes a big difference. Seratore can flat out recruit.