SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

How many of these guys did we want?

Would be nice to see how successful our hit rate is on recruits for any given year; but dunno if the plebs are privy to such information. After everyone commits, would be nice if Schlossman listed from his top 30 which players UND was targeting. But maybe the coaches don't share that information with him.

1 hour ago, .357 said:

Would be nice to see how successful our hit rate is on recruits for any given year; but dunno if the plebs are privy to such information. After everyone commits, would be nice if Schlossman listed from his top 30 which players UND was targeting. But maybe the coaches don't share that information with him.

I don’t think Schlossman always knows who UND is recruiting beforehand unless it’s like a no brainer recruit. He knows when recruits commit, but I don’t think he always knows all the targets. Or he’s just not sharing what he knows. On his last podcast that discussed recruiting there was little insight on specific UND recruiting targets. 

On 8/13/2024 at 4:57 PM, cberkas said:

TJ Hale has made one official visit to a NCHC school hand has 4 more official visits to NCHC and Hockey East schools.

Hale would be a very solid pickup and you have to imagine we're definitely in the running with his alumni parents.

Been a quiet second week of recruiting cycle.  Have to imagine that a lot of the remaining top prospects are getting in their official visits right now.
Hopefully we hear some more good news shortly on some of them...

• Upvote 1

On 8/15/2024 at 5:38 PM, 90siouxfan said:

Is Miami making waves due to NIL money?

I think it has to do with the coach, listening to a couple interviews and Miami is giving him the resources to get the best players. I don't expect Miami to be at the bottom for much longer with Noreen as the coach. 

11 hours ago, cberkas said:

I think it has to do with the coach, listening to a couple interviews and Miami is giving him the resources to get the best players. I don't expect Miami to be at the bottom for much longer with Noreen as the coach. 

Thanks, I didn't realize the coaching change.

9 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Let's get a guy who will give us this kind of effort....

Do you have a clip of the time he backchecked and saved a likely goal with a stick lift from behind?   (or am I remembering things that didn't happen)