SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

If that's the case, welcome to UND! In all seriousness, has anybody with competing offers every picked SCSU over UND?

There was one Canadian kid (name slips my mind) who was supposed to visit UND but ended up committing to SCSU after his visit to their campus... it was a few years back. 

4 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Speaking of which, someone commented in the DU poaching conversation that Ryan Lasch reneged on a commitment prior to Cloud. What was his original school?

St. Cloud offered a better diving program for him to participate in as a dual athlete!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Speaking of which, someone commented in the DU poaching conversation that Ryan Lasch reneged on a commitment prior to Cloud. What was his original school?

There are plenty of guys that back out on verbal commitments, it is probably more about if they were approached to do so by a school.  We might be a little naive to think it doesn't happen a little more than we are led to believe, it's just a matter of if the guy flips or not. 

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

I don't buy those stats.  I pulled up his team on elite prospects, and it would indicate that his team averaged 13 goals per game.  Maybe its a no-goalie league...

That where I saw the stats. Might have to some digging to find out if they are right or not.

He has 3 teammates with over 30 points and both goalies under 2.00 GAA

Not much goaltending in his bantam league three goalies on IHA Bantam Varsity have a GAA of 12.93, 13.42, and 14.56

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Lasch didn't switch schools, he switched his sports commitment to hockey from the diving team... cuz you know, transferable skills.

23 minutes ago, cberkas said:

That where I saw the stats. Might have to some digging to find out if they are right or not.

He has 3 teammates with over 30 points and both goalies under 2.00 GAA

Not much goaltending in his bantam league three goalies on IHA Bantam Varsity have a GAA of 12.93, 13.42, and 14.56

Either they screwed up the number of games played for stats or they are playing in a league they don't belong in.  Either way, those kind of numbers are probably not transferrable to the next level.

8 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Either they screwed up the number of games played for stats or they are playing in a league they don't belong in.  Either way, those kind of numbers are probably not transferrable to the next level.

It's real.

http://www.csshl.ca/leagues/teams.cfm?clientid=4542&leagueid=15269

http://www.csshl.ca/leagues/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=4542&leagueID=15269&teamID=486808&playerID=1603704

Someone on HF Boards says he probably should be playing Bantam Prep and not Bantam Varsity.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/c-trevor-wong-st-george’s-school-btm-varsity-cssbvhl-2021-draft.2406993/

Montgomery was in good spirits about the exchange, posting the following on Twitter on Tuesday:

Here’s what happened between Coach Motzko & I️- we agreed to have a Miller Lite & he said because “it’s less filling” and I️ said “it tastes great”, it quickly got heated

— Jim Montgomery (@DUCoachMonty) November 14, 2017

So is Monty implying that Bob-o is a chubbo?

37 minutes ago, cberkas said:

A BC kid with that kind of skill...he'll go at the top of the WHL draft and play major junior

Just now, yzerman19 said:

A BC kid with that kind of skill...he'll go at the top of the WHL draft and play major junior

Needs to play Bantam Prep to see how he does against better competition, He'll probably end up in the WHL like Boston Bilous did after he committed to Denver.

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Yeah, when you're team is scoring 28 goals in a game, not sure if the numbers are something to take too much stock in.  

I know it's probably too early to tell, but the way I see it, UND has 4 forward spots open for next year at a minimum (3 Seniors, Gornall). Is the thought right now, they'll go with Hain, Mattson, Keane & Senden? Can you push any of them back another year?

Priority #1, 2 & 3 should be getting an impact forward for next years class. See Guttman to Denver as the kind of guy.

Anybody see any forwards leaving early? We all known Wolanin is going to leave early, but I could see every forward return.

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

I know it's probably too early to tell, but the way I see it, UND has 4 forward spots open for next year at a minimum (3 Seniors, Gornall). Is the thought right now, they'll go with Hain, Mattson, Keane & Senden? Can you push any of them back another year?

Priority #1, 2 & 3 should be getting an impact forward for next years class. See Guttman to Denver as the kind of guy.

Anybody see any forwards leaving early? We all known Wolanin is going to leave early, but I could see every forward return.

Gersich, not saying he should but he is a flight risk.

14 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Dude was the MVP of Caps camp this offseason. I'd be surprised if he stayed.

I always think will this person play in the NHL next year. If the answer is yes, then he's gone, no doubt. Gersich isn't one of those guys. Obviously, we've seen guys leave early all the time that have no shot of playing in the NHL that year (see Johnson, Thompson recently), but I don't think Gersich is a slam dunk to leave at all.

38 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Dude was the MVP of Caps camp this offseason. I'd be surprised if he stayed.

The Caps aren't going to want him to stay and risk losing him after his Senior season, but the Free Agent route might be best for Gersich because he can pick a team that is dire need of forwards with speed and tenacity. 

36 minutes ago, AJS said:

I always think will this person play in the NHL next year. If the answer is yes, then he's gone, no doubt. Gersich isn't one of those guys. Obviously, we've seen guys leave early all the time that have no shot of playing in the NHL that year (see Johnson, Thompson recently), but I don't think Gersich is a slam dunk to leave at all.

15 minutes ago, tnt said:

The Caps aren't going to want him to stay and risk losing him after his Senior season, but the Free Agent route might be best for Gersich because he can pick a team that is dire need of forwards with speed and tenacity. 

This is why I think he's gone. He's clearly valuable to him if he's showing out in their developmental camp. They'll come after him hard, I'd guess.

13 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

This is why I think he's gone. He's clearly valuable to him if he's showing out in their developmental camp. They'll come after him hard, I'd guess.

They will, but it depends what Shane wants to do. I don’t think he’s a guy we can say definitively is gone after this season at this point. Possibility? Absolutely.