SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Z-par and Bo gone - the trolls all said the Sioux would not be any good

Our Senior D-Men all graduate and Greene goes pro and the trolls all said the Sioux would not be any good

Stafford, Zajac, Spirko, Smaby, JPar gone - the trolls all said the Sioux would not be any good

Another year and another run - keep talking as our team continually proves you folks wrong! We may lose quality players but WE ALWAYS RELOAD!

Dude we are not WORTHY...

Kent (or whatever), when you debate the facts about the Badger offense, you've got sort of a point..... as a Badger fan, I find you very offensive. Me being a Sioux fan, thank you for affirming my feelings of superiorty......feelings I had even after last year's Badger NC. After all, class is more than just winning.

You can argue for either team, Wisconsin has 6 Nat'l Champs, UND has 7... One difference, ok, big deal.

UND is known as a young talented team every year, where many players are 1 or 2 year players. Hence the reason it always takes half a year to reload (see last year also). However, when the team gels midseason, watch out. That young talent gets cohesive and they start playing to their strongsuits.

Wisconsin is more of a four year school it seems, where players come to play 3-4 years. (I think this is partly b/c no one is able to show off their offensive skills as frequently, making it seem smarter to stay an extra year or two sometimes). This gives you a great team every 3-4 years after those players have been playing together for a few years. You may not have great years inbetween, but when you do play well, things like Nat'l Championships happen (see last year). However, UND will always be strong and will see more Frozen Fours, but not necessarily have the experince to put them over the top.

No matter how you look at it, I'm sure this is how it will turn out again. We'll stay strong, but look out for Wisconsin in a couple years again when their talented recruits are a cohesive team that knows each other inside and out.

Kent, I respect your loyalty for Wisconsin hockey, but keep in mind where you are posting your comments and keep in mind that UND isn't exactly a slouch team...neither is Wisconsin, even on off years. Rivalries make the game great, but let's keep respect in the back of our minds as we have fun debating about each others teams.

You can argue for either team, Wisconsin has 6 Nat'l Champs, UND has 7... One difference, ok, big deal.

UND is known as a young talented team every year, where many players are 1 or 2 year players. Hence the reason it always takes half a year to reload (see last year also). However, when the team gels midseason, watch out. That young talent gets cohesive and they start playing to their strongsuits.

Wisconsin is more of a four year school it seems, where players come to play 3-4 years. (I think this is partly b/c no one is able to show off their offensive skills as frequently, making it seem smarter to stay an extra year or two sometimes). This gives you a great team every 3-4 years after those players have been playing together for a few years. You may not have great years inbetween, but when you do play well, things like Nat'l Championships happen (see last year). However, UND will always be strong and will see more Frozen Fours, but not necessarily have the experince to put them over the top.

No matter how you look at it, I'm sure this is how it will turn out again. We'll stay strong, but look out for Wisconsin in a couple years again when their talented recruits are a cohesive team that knows each other inside and out.

Kent, I respect your loyalty for Wisconsin hockey, but keep in mind where you are posting your comments and keep in mind that UND isn't exactly a slouch team...neither is Wisconsin, even on off years. Rivalries make the game great, but let's keep respect in the back of our minds as we have fun debating about each others teams.

Great post.

It's simply amazing the number of posters who are loyal to other teams (not just hockey) that have come here and forget the bolded part of your post. Yeah, I'll be the optimist and say that the number of new trolls (posters who harbor no respect towards the main constituancy of the board which they are posting) have decreased dramatically, but there still are those who just can't get over the fact that this is a Sioux message board where there are certain posters who will, at times, post things that just are not flat out nice towards other teams. That's a reality. I wouldn't expect any different at the Gophers message board, UW's message board (do they have one?), DU's message board, SCSU's, or any other team's boards with regards to the Sioux. Visitors don't have to like it, and I would be surprised if they did, but Kent has to remember that this is a Sioux board just like we have to remember the host school when visiting the other boards.

Visitors don't have to like it, and I would be surprised if they did, but Kent has to remember that this is a Sioux board just like we have to remember the host school when visiting the other boards.

Sweet post

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that Wisconsin is where offense goes to die... :lol:

Back in the 80's Wisconsin was fun, but this Eaves crap is just miserable and bad for hockey.

When everything is said and done UND will have on of the top 5 classes in the nation like they do almost every year. That is why we have been in the national quarterfinals or better 8 of the last 10 seasons, and this season looks pretty good too...

And Kent if you don't like what the Sioux fans have to say go away. I seriously doubt we are in the minority calling Wisconsin's style boring...

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that Wisconsin is where offense goes to die... :lol:

Back in the 80's Wisconsin was fun, but this Eaves crap is just miserable and bad for hockey.

When everything is said and done UND will have on of the top 5 classes in the nation like they do almost every year. That is why we have been in the national quarterfinals or better 8 of the last 10 seasons, and this season looks pretty good too...

And Kent if you don't like what the Sioux fans have to say go away. I seriously doubt we are in the minority calling Wisconsin's style boring...

As painful as it is to say it, it wasn't that boring watching them come back on us during the Saturday night home game in December...which will forever go down as "Glow stick night" haha.

How about if we drop this whole fued thing, so I don't have to sort through over 2 pages of posts that have nothing to do with prospective recruits, which is what this thread is about. I respect everyone's rights to their opinions and abilities to disagree on this board, but really can we keep it to a minimum so that discussion about the topic of the thread can take place!!!

How about if we drop this whole fued thing, so I don't have to sort through over 2 pages of posts that have nothing to do with prospective recruits, which is what this thread is about. I respect everyone's rights to their opinions and abilities to disagree on this board, but really can we keep it to a minimum so that discussion about the topic of the thread can take place!!!

Thanks for adding to it...

A couple of updates.

I removed August Aiken, as he has disappeared.

I added Zack Budish - Edina as he is considering UND - You can watch him at the State High School Championships

I also added Tyler Landman - Roseau because Hak mush have been watching someone up there...

2007 (or 2008):

Riley Nash - Salmon Arm BCHL

I suspect any other recruit would be an 08 with Bruneteau coming in 07

2008:

Expect some 08s to be asked to defer to 09

Forwards:

David Toews - Shattuck-St. Mary's

Derek Lee - Salmon Arm BCHL

Kelly Zajac - Salmon Arm BCHL

Joe Colborne - Camrose AJHL

Cam Lamoreux - Drumheller AJHL

Stephan Novotny - Shattuck-St. Mary's

Justin Johnson - Eau Claire N. HS

Defense:

Brett Kostolansky - Shattuck-St. Mary's

Will be a large class.

Forwards:

Zack Budish - Edina

Tyler Landman - Roseau

Defense:

Aaron Ness - Roseau

Ben Hughes - Shattuck-St. Mary's

Ben Montgomery - Shattuck-St. Mary's

when is nash suppose to decide, if he has his mind made up you would think it would be out there....

Not sure, but some of these kids probably have a hard time choosing and to rush them probably wouldn't be good either. Eaves has taken some criticism for just that. I suspect that most teams would hope for a firmed up decision be the end of the college hockey season. I have some faith that if Riley is watching the Sioux and how they have just continued to improve throughout the season, he will like what he sees the next few weeks.

when is nash suppose to decide, if he has his mind made up you would think it would be out there....

If he's a dedicated and loyal teammate, he may want to just focus on the playoffs at this point and put off making a decision until after he's done playing. The fact that he hasn't apparently made a decision yet would suggest there's not an obvious choice for him. So he may have shelved the idea until he no longer has hockey games to focus on.

Well, after a big day and night of watching MN Class A hockey......

A few guys from St. Thomas looked good but the young stud that was on the team as an 8th and 8th graded has headed to Michigan for the U17 team.

Gutsch and Connelly for Duluth Marshall apparently have drawn interest from WCHA schools and I'd assume UMD would be one. They both looked very good to me.

Drew Leblanc had a hat trick and 3 assists in Hermantown's win. He's only a Jr, but I'd assume UMD is watching him also.

The top line for Little Falls is better than advertised. The Hanoski brothers are both damn good with one scoring his 39th goal tonight, but Jared Festler is just unreal. He had a SH goal tonight for his 70th on the year to go along with 52 assists. He's a Jr too.

Warroad is on right now so Aaron Marvin is in the spotlight. Has UND looked at this kid at all? I'd assume so with a little bit of a Warroad connection and all. At 6-3, he's already got the size.

Festler and Marvin are both SCSU recruits. The better of the Hanowski's is being recruited by a lot of people but is said to be a MN fan. LeBlanc will also be recruited by more WCHA schools than just UMD, including some bigger names.

Festler and Marvin are both SCSU recruits. The better of the Hanowski's is being recruited by a lot of people but is said to be a MN fan. LeBlanc will also be recruited by more WCHA schools than just UMD, including some bigger names.

St Cloud huh? Damn, they are gonna be really good if some of those guys stick around.

Well, after a big day and night of watching MN Class A hockey......

A few guys from St. Thomas looked good but the young stud that was on the team as an 8th and 8th graded has headed to Michigan for the U17 team.

Gutsch and Connelly for Duluth Marshall apparently have drawn interest from WCHA schools and I'd assume UMD would be one. They both looked very good to me.

Drew Leblanc had a hat trick and 3 assists in Hermantown's win. He's only a Jr, but I'd assume UMD is watching him also.

The top line for Little Falls is better than advertised. The Hanoski brothers are both damn good with one scoring his 39th goal tonight, but Jared Festler is just unreal. He had a SH goal tonight for his 70th on the year to go along with 52 assists. He's a Jr too.

Warroad is on right now so Aaron Marvin is in the spotlight. Has UND looked at this kid at all? I'd assume so with a little bit of a Warroad connection and all. At 6-3, he's already got the size.

Connelly is the younger brother of Chris Connelly of the FM Jets. Chris Connelly has drawn interest from Bemidji State and UMD, but he may be back with the Jets again next year. He will play D1 somewhere either this year or next. 3 of his Jets teammates have already been offered D1 scholarships, and Chris Connelly is arguably the best player on the Jets. His younger brother may also be here next year if he is not on an USHL roster.

Festler is very talented. SCSU got a good one. Marvin and Jordy Christian of Moorhead have also committed to SCSU.

My gut feeling on Nash and the reason why his decision is taking so long is I believe that he is waiting to see what kind of financial aid package he is going to receive at Cornell. If it is what he expects, I think he heads out east and joins his brother at Cornell next season. I don't have any inside info. or anything but that is just my guess on why his decision is taking so long.

I wouldn't remove August Aiken so quickly. Aiken had a Goal and an Assist on Friday night against the Vernon Vipers. Aiken is not playing very much and hardly no PP time in the playoffs - I don't understand. Aiken definitely has the explosive speed and skill to contribute to any college program. I know he would kill to have the honor of playing for the Sioux. His new team runs a defensive system and Aiken is playing Center. When Aiken played Wing for Salmon Arm he had more opportunities to score with more offensively skilled players. The Warriors are a low scoring team with not alot of skilled players but they have a great work ethic and grit. The last time the Warriors played Penticton - Aiken was the 1st Star and had 2 goals in the 3 -1 Westside win.