SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Let's not worry about the spelling of some recruits name! Once he completes his first shift for our squad, then maybe we will crack down on the misspelling. Is misspell with 1 s or 2?

Or it could be like our goalie Lamaroux er, Lammeroux er, Lamireoux er, Phil :blush:

I wonder how long it will take to spell Cichy's name correctly. Chichy is the misspelling of a mexican restaurant in the Grand Forks/Fargo area that went belly up like... 10-15 years ago. ;)

I'd worry more about how long it will take the Wooger to say it, spelled correctly or not :blush:

I'd worry more about how long it will take the Wooger to say it, spelled correctly or not :blush:

No kidding... how tough is it to say "Van-de-vel-de"? Poor Wooger had a heckuva time with that all weekend:

Vanvel

Vanveldy

Vanevel

Vandecamp

I think I heard him get it right once. ;)

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but hey, what the hey!

Someone told me that Lee has a brother in high school who may be a D-1 prospect.

Anyone know if he is committed to playing anywhere? Thanks.

John Lee, potential 2nd round pick, headed to Denver.

He is a solid recruit for DU, he probably reads the message board here... :silly:

No lie. Where else could he go and get blamed for every goal scored against his team. I too am a big Brian Lee fan. I have no doubt he is going to step up big over the next four games.

I don't think there is any hard feelings with the Lee family towards the UND program, nor does a recruit make a decision based on a message board. I think the reason Derek choose Denver was either 1. the coaching staff at UND didn't recruit him as much as Denver did or 2. he just simply liked the Denver program more.

I don't think there is any hard feelings with the Lee family towards the UND program, nor does a recruit make a decision based on a message board. I think the reason Derek choose Denver was either 1. the coaching staff at UND didn't recruit him as much as Denver did or 2. he just simply liked the Denver program more.

uhh, i think the message board comments were tounge and cheek. and you cant get them all

:angry: Wheew, Don't do that to me... :lol:

A couple of interesting things from the BCHL. Penticton ended Salmon Arms season last night. So possibly expect some news from Riley Nash and Derek Lee soon. Both would be huge pickups for the Sioux. :)

Also Hunter Bishop was the #1 star and got a hat-trick including the game tying and OT winning goals for Vernon. :(

Penticton (Hextall and Trupp) has advanced to the forth round and is awaiting an opponent.

[A couple of interesting things from the BCHL. Penticton ended Salmon Arms season last night. So possibly expect some news from Riley Nash and Derek Lee soon. Both would be huge pickups for the Sioux. :lol:

Also Hunter Bishop was the #1 star and got a hat-trick including the game tying and OT winning goals for Vernon. :angry:

Penticton (Hextall and Trupp) has advanced to the forth round and is awaiting an opponent.

Committments from Nash and Lee would really bolster our next few classes. Would Lee be an 08 or 09?

Good to see Bishop having success in the BCHL once again, but seeing that really makes me wish that he would have stuck around with the Sioux. If he goes back to another DI school, hopefully it isn't to another WCHA school, as he could do some damage...

Good luck to Hextall and Trupp.

And Ness is a huge pickup for the Gophers. That sucks, as I had heard that the Sioux were in the running for him as well.

Well, I knew that much, but I saw something about Hak being upset when he left. I was just curious as to why he would leave his dream school. Or isn't the reason public knowledge?

im sure hak wont go public with it. no reason to. hes gone. the next player that comes in to his spot is all i care about, good luck to him as previously stated.