SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Badgers fans keep spewing about how once Eaves has the horses his style would change,his horses have come and gone but his syle hasn't. I know that I have green glasses on but other teams fans have said the same thing.

Not true, the systems starts with their Goal Tending coach Bill Howard, they totally rework a goaltenders game to fit the system. That is why Connelly is just starting to play in Wiscsonsin. They have to wait their turn. If you don't believe in the systems approach you don't go to UW and if your a goaltender you play their way or nothing. Its about buying into a boring system.

I don't believe for a minute UW is going to change their perspective. Cornell plays the same crappy style of hockey.

I am watching David Toews in TSN's coverage of the the Canada Winter Games Gold Medal game and he is the real deal like his brother. Halfway through the second he has sniped two beautiful goals to keep Manitoba in the game with an extremely powerful Ontario team.

I am watching David Toews in TSN's coverage of the the Canada Winter Games Gold Medal game and he is the real deal like his brother. Halfway through the second he has sniped two beautiful goals to keep Manitoba in the game with an extremely powerful Ontario team.

Jonathon really needs to talk to that boy. Also if I am not mistake, David would be a year older when he arrived at UND than Jonathon was. Jonathon was great as a freshman, but still 17 is tough.

Jonathon really needs to talk to that boy. Also if I am not mistake, David would be a year older when he arrived at UND than Jonathon was. Jonathon was great as a freshman, but still 17 is tough.

he will be in a sioux unifrom, rememer he has 1 year left at shattuck after this season then it will be green and white!!

he will be in a sioux unifrom, rememer he has 1 year left at shattuck after this season then it will be green and white!!

also, hasnt he been quoted as saying that he wants to play for the sioux?? i cant see why he wouldnt be here, with the success JT has. plus jt seems to like it here too.

I just watched Grand Rapids beat Cloquet 3-1 in the 7AA title game.

Even though he's headed to the enemy, Pat White is seriously fun to watch.

Reid Ellinson's dad was interviewed during intermission and It didn't seem like his said had any serious offers on the table. He said that he hoped he could start his education right away and play D1 hockey, but that Jrs were an option because he was going to do what it takes to get a scholarship. I would if UND has looked at him at all. He showed why he's the top goalie in the state.

I just watched Grand Rapids beat Cloquet 3-1 in the 7AA title game.

Even though he's headed to the enemy, Pat White is seriously fun to watch.

Reid Ellinson's dad was interviewed during intermission and It didn't seem like his said had any serious offers on the table. He said that he hoped he could start his education right away and play D1 hockey, but that Jrs were an option because he was going to do what it takes to get a scholarship. I would if UND has looked at him at all. He showed why he's the top goalie in the state.

but UND doesnt need a goalie till 2010, when grieco leaves. or an 09 for walski

I hope Derek Lee is watching a few Wisconsin games. They kill more good forwards. Remember the last good Salmon Arm Player that ween there? Ben Street? He sure disappeared of the face of the earth... I looked and in 2 seasons he is averaging a pathetic 1 point every 3 games. I suspect that Lee will be one of the top 08s.

Lee and Toews would be a fun pairing to see in 2008.

I hope Derek Lee is watching a few Wisconsin games.

I really hope Derek watched the last two series that Wisconsin played at North Dakota and swept your ass. I really hope Derek watched Wisconsin win the National Championship last year and watched UND choke against an inferior BC club.

UW had a bad year, don't worry about them, they'll be back.

I really hope Derek watched the last two series that Wisconsin played at North Dakota and swept your ass. I really hope Derek watched Wisconsin win the National Championship last year and watched UND choke against an inferior BC club.

UW had a bad year, don't worry about them, they'll be back.

UW will be worse next year, if I was Turris, I wouldn't even show up, after him that team will have nothing offensively. Wisconsin beat us when we were reloading, and without a healthy Oshie and Toews. Congrats on the championship, now try winning a game on the road. Wisconsin is where offense goes to die. Wisconsin will continue to be pathetic until they get a real coach.

I think he could use a couple years of jrs and come in 09.

Another kid that has stayed under the radar is Section A leading scorer Joe Schiller. He had 83 points playing for a Detroit Lakes team that had a lot of heart, a decent goalie, a couple of good defensemen. They still tied TRF in the season and took them into overtime in the playoffs. (Schiller had a goal and 4 assists in that game) Their five ft nothing foward who is one of the toughest kids I have ever seen play went from about 10pts his jr yr to over 40 this year playing on his line and , a slightly overweight golfer went form 13 points last year to 50+ points this year playing on Schillers line.

The kid is 6"0" 175 lbs and is just now maturing. He has been on the same elite teams as Marvin, Forney etc and has done well in the fall elite league. He has decent but not great speed but he has great quickness, great hands, and gets you the puck on your stick. He is also very smart. He will need a year of juniors but I think he can play in theWCHA. Mankato has him in this week for a visit but I think UND could get him for a partial and I think he can play in the league. Anyone know if they have looked at him?

UW will be worse next year, if I was Turris, I wouldn't even show up, after him that team will have nothing offensively. Wisconsin beat us when we were reloading, and without a healthy Oshie and Toews. Congrats on the championship, now try winning a game on the road. Wisconsin is where offense goes to die. Wisconsin will continue to be pathetic until they get a real coach.

its certainly going to be hard for them. i dont care if they do have turris. one player doesnt make a team...not even elliot.

Lol. UND is just a one line wonder this year, what are they going to do next year when Oshie and Toews go pro. If I was Ryan Duncan I'd be running for the hills. Who does UND got coming in next year to replace them......................................*crickets chirping*..................................that's right, nobody. Just a very, very average recruiting class.

You play the injury card when I pointed out that Wisconsin swept UND two years in a row in your own barn. I guess I could have done the same thing and made excuses for this year, but I didn't. And what was your excuse last year when we absolutely smoked you?

Suenami, you seem to have an obsession with Wisconsin with every other post you make is a pot shot at them. Like I said, don't worry about them, They'll be back. I'd worry about your own team if I was you. And by the way....

National Titles: Mike Eaves-1, Dave Hackstol-0.

Lol. UND is just a one line wonder this year, what are they going to do next year when Oshie and Toews go pro. If I was Ryan Duncan I'd be running for the hills. Who does UND got coming in next year to replace them......................................*crickets chirping*..................................that's right, nobody. Just a very, very average recruiting class.

You play the injury card when I pointed out that Wisconsin swept UND two years in a row in your own barn. I guess I could have done the same thing and made excuses for this year, but I didn't. And what was your excuse last year when we absolutely smoked you?

Suenami, you seem to have an obsession with Wisconsin with every other post you make is a pot shot at them. Like I said, don't worry about them, They'll be back. I'd worry about your own team if I was you. And by the way....

National Titles: Mike Eaves-1, Dave Hackstol-0.

One, I don't think Ryan has to worry. he will do just fine. Second, who is Dave Hackstol? we have a Dave HAKSTOL, but no HACKSTOL

Yes Wisconsin did win the national title last year, yes they have a great program, but that was lead by a great defensive team that likes to play dump and chase hockey. What siouxnami is trying to point out is that Wisconsin isn't set up for power fowards like Derek Lee. Now Wisconsin has had good fowards but they are set up for a certain style of play. The whole reason a foward like Phil Kessel didn't go to play for your program is because he didn't like the style of play Mike Eaves runs. If you really want to compare national titles and conference titles of all time be our guest, but I don't feel the numbers would work in your favor. Kent, please come back when you know what you are talking about.

Hey Skippy, if UND is a one line wonder how come they scored the most goals in the WCHA this season?

That must mean that no one was able to really shut them down in the second half of the season. I am not so sure one couldn't make that argument for the SCSU Huskies, they really only have 1 1/2 lines. On that note the Wisconsin Badgers are a no line wonder.

Kent,

To sum it up. Wisconsin is where offense goes to die. They turned a great player (also from Salmon Arm) like Ben Street into an also ran. Derek Lee should realize for a player of his caliber, UND is far better for him.

USA Hockey, I was watching college hockey when you were shitting yellow. You and the other two idiots goon and suenami don't get it. If your going to take shots at other teams on a public message board and someone refutes those comments you don't have to cry like little babies. Last year Wisconsin was first in the nation in defense and 13th in the nation in scoring offense and went on to win the title. I already conceded to the fact that UW had a bad year this year and I believe thats where all the moronic comments are coming from. I just wanted to let suenami know the future isn't so bright at UND and if I was Derek Lee and I looked at who was coming to UW and UND over the next couple of years and I wanted to win a title that Wisconsin would be the easy choice. Later ladies.

USA Hockey, I was watching college hockey when you were shitting yellow. You and the other two idiots goon and suenami don't get it. If your going to take shots at other teams on a public message board and someone refutes those comments you don't have to cry like little babies. Last year Wisconsin was first in the nation in defense and 13th in the nation in scoring offense and went on to win the title. I already conceded to the fact that UW had a bad year this year and I believe thats where all the moronic comments are coming from. I just wanted to let suenami know the future isn't so bright at UND and if I was Derek Lee and I looked at who was coming to UW and UND over the next couple of years and I wanted to win a title that Wisconsin would be the easy choice. Later ladies.

as it is a public message board about the Sioux, don't expect that we will necessarily like other teams and you might not want to take shots at people or at least spell their names right. How do you know that the future isn't that bright. The immediate future didn't look to bright for us in December and look at us now. All in all, I think that Wisconsin has a good team and if you think about it, they don't have too bright of a future either.

You and the other two idiots goon and suenami don't get it. If your going to take shots at other teams on a public message board.

Look Skippy Moron, on SiouxSports.com we talk about Sioux hockey with kelly green color shades, don't come one here and expect us to give the BADgers any love, it isn't going to happen. National Champs to Chumps in one season. Wisconsin is a boring team to watch and focuses on Defense first, Siouxnami is right they stiffle offense at UW...

Look Skippy Moron, on SiouxSports.com we talk about Sioux hockey with kelly green color shades, don't come one here and expect us to give the BADgers any love, it isn't going to happen. National Champs to Chumps in one season. Wisconsin is a boring team to watch and focuses on Defense first, Siouxnami is right they stiffle offense at UW...

If it it weren't for Elliot to save their bacon each weekend, the badgers would be playing the rodents next weekend. Celebrate the title buddy as it is soon changing hands - my guess would be that it will be a very long time before the badgers will see another one.

Z-par and Bo gone - the trolls all said the Sioux would not be any good

Our Senior D-Men all graduate and Greene goes pro and the trolls all said the Sioux would not be any good

Stafford, Zajac, Spirko, Smaby, JPar gone - the trolls all said the Sioux would not be any good

Another year and another run - keep talking as our team continually proves you folks wrong! We may lose quality players but WE ALWAYS RELOAD!