SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I ran into hak and the rest of the team leaving Denver this morning and he said that David Toews was not playing with Shattuck and that coach jackson was going to White Horse, AB to scout him.

It is White Horse in the Yukon. He is playing for Team Manitoba at the Canada Winter Games, in a midget age hockey tournament.

http://cwg2007.kimik-it.gl/Result/ShowTeam...ee-6809730fc4c0

Kelly Zajac with a goal, but look carefully at the scoring line for Wade MacLeod (Northeastern). That is awesome, but apparently only good enough for 3rd star...

Friday:

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/hockey_boxSc...p;gameID=330622

Notice Nash with 0 points... But Oh on Saturday, :D Nash 3G, 2A, #1 Star.

Saturday:

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/hockey_boxSc...p;gameID=330624

Kelly Zajac with a goal, but look carefully at the scoring line for Wade MacLeod (Northeastern). That is awesome, but apparently only good enough for 3rd star...

Friday:

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/hockey_boxSc...p;gameID=330622

Notice Nash with 0 points... But Oh on Saturday, :D Nash 3G, 2A, #1 Star.

Saturday:

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/hockey_boxSc...p;gameID=330624

Just got back from the shattuck game and left quite impressed, even though toews wasn't dressed. The three players wisconsin got are studs although, i wasn't quite as impressed with murray as much as i was for #9 and 12. Novoltny was quite impressive as well, and of course I was very impressed with blood. He was quick, mobile, and had a decent shot. They lost 2-1 but i still left impressed. On a side note the ref of the game was graig hansen, yes the same one that used to ref in the WCHA, he was just as terrible as usual lol

Who is Brian Volpei committed to again?

SCSU and UW are going to need some excellent classes to make up for the loss of Goepfert and Elliott. Those 2 really steal some games for them, and now they are going to be replaced with unproven goalies (although at least Connelly has a little bit of experience). Should be interesting to see what happens with them next year.

so is david toews not with shattuck anymore?? or is he just playing with that team canada on the side? thanks

It is just a Canadian tournament on the side as part of the Canada Winter Games. It is mostly players from Major Juniors who are midget age with a few others mixed in and it will give coach Jackson a really good idea of how good Toews is against top talent his own age.

Who is Brian Volpei committed to again?

SCSU and UW are going to need some excellent classes to make up for the loss of Goepfert and Elliott. Those 2 really steal some games for them, and now they are going to be replaced with unproven goalies (although at least Connelly has a little bit of experience). Should be interesting to see what happens with them next year.

Volpei is with SCSU.

And Weslosky looks to be solid for the Huskies. Sure, he's only played 5 games but in those 5 games he's looked better than Connelly or O'Connell (CC) in their first 5 games.

That's no good.

Although I would rather see him go to Cornell than to DU. I'll still hold out hope that he'll be a Sioux in the future, but that doesn't sound good.

Does anyone know if this guys is really in the know or is it just back room babble? I am not sure what Cornell would have over us or Denver?

If you want to play in the NHL the WCHA is the way to go.

Does anyone know if this guys is really in the know or is it just back room babble? I am not sure what Cornell would have over us or Denver?

If you want to play in the NHL the WCHA is the way to go.

That little piece of paper you get when you graduate from Cornell is a pretty significant advantage...having a brother there also helps.

That little piece of paper you get when you graduate from Cornell is a pretty significant advantage...having a brother there also helps.

i always thought he would go to cornell for 1 reason, his bro plays there, if hes good enough cornell wont stop his progress to the nhl. wish we could grab him

Ok, but if your an offensive star why would you want to play on a team known for being an defenisve trap style team? Second, the ECAC isn't exactly what I would consider a power house conference. I don't get it. If I want to go to school to get a degree and get into poltics sure Ivy makes sense to me but if your a potential NHL draft choice why wouldn't he show case that talent in a league that is more prolific. What ever, if he wants to go to a second rate hockey school so be it.

Ok, but if your an offensive star why would you want to play on a team known for being an defenisve trap style team? Second, the ECAC isn't exactly what I would consider a power house conference. I don't get it. If I want to go to school to get a degree and get into poltics sure Ivy makes sense to me but if your a potential NHL draft choice why wouldn't he show case that talent in a league that is more prolific. What ever, if he wants to go to a second rate hockey school so be it.

i would guess his brother may have a lot to do with the decision if thats the way he goes...it is for many players with brothers in college, UND is a prime example, i doubt hes gong to school for academics :lol:

According to Brad's Blog we've got a new recruit!!!

UND got a commitment from Fort Saskatchewan right winger Matt Frattin.

STATS:

# PLAYER NAME BY P GP G A PTS P/G PPG SHG PIM

14 Matt Frattin '88 RW 58 49 34 83 1.4 18 0 75

Leads his team in goals, points, 5th in assists, 6th in penalty minutes