SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Ok, but if your an offensive star why would you want to play on a team known for being an defenisve trap style team? Second, the ECAC isn't exactly what I would consider a power house conference. I don't get it. If I want to go to school to get a degree and get into poltics sure Ivy makes sense to me but if your a potential NHL draft choice why wouldn't he show case that talent in a league that is more prolific. What ever, if he wants to go to a second rate hockey school so be it.

Going to Cornell is going to hurt him about as much as it did to Steve Rienprect, Danny Heatley, Rene Bourque, and Joe Pavelski's NHL careers so far after playing on a "defensive trap style team."

i would guess his brother may have a lot to do with the decision if thats the way he goes...it is for many players with brothers in college, UND is a prime example, i doubt hes gong to school for academics :(

Or maybe he doesn't see pro hockey in his future (projected 3-4 rounder) and he wants to get parlay his hockey talent for an Ivy education. If pro hockey calls, he will have that option but he will also have an Ivy sheepskin.

There are plenty of ECACHL alum in the NHL, by the way.

So we might not land Nash and some posters on this board and over on USCHO are saying our recruiting has slipped and we don't have the big name recruit and that the freshman class is a bust(way too early for that).My question is would you rather have 2 to 3 20-25 goal scorers or 6 to 8 10-15 goal scorers. I guess my point is would we be better off with the scoring spread around or with just one line? I think rolling four consistent lines and go from there.

So we might not land Nash and some posters on this board and over on USCHO are saying our recruiting has slipped and we don't have the big name recruit and that the freshman class is a bust(way too early for that).My question is would you rather have 2 to 3 20-25 goal scorers or 6 to 8 10-15 goal scorers. I guess my point is would we be better off with the scoring spread around or with just one line? I think rolling four consistent lines and go from there.

sure beats having 10 0-6 goal scorers...not included defensemen

sure beats having 10 0-6 goal scorers...not included defensemen

Not too worried. Sure we have lost some recent recruits to DU, CC, and Eastern schools. But: We did have one of the top names in college hockey coming in this year. Michael Forney, he is bust this year, but has 3 years to redeem himself. In 2007, we will bring in a top 5 forward (Trupp), a top 5 defender (LaPoint), and some very young NHL level talent Malone. We already have elite players for 2008 and 2009. Oh yeah, and 2 years ago we brought in one of the greatest hockey classes ever.

That said, we sure would still love to see Nash in Kelly Green...

Edit: The thing that worries me the most is the insane amount of penalty minutes we bring in next year. If MSU tries that end of game crap next year, the referees will need to call in a forensics team.

Not too worried. Sure we have lost some recent recruits to DU, CC, and Eastern schools. But: We did have one of the top names in college hockey coming in this year. Michael Forney, he is bust this year, but has 3 years to redeem himself. In 2007, we will bring in a top 5 forward (Trupp), a top 5 defender (LaPoint), and some very young NHL level talent Malone. We already have elite players for 2008 and 2009. Oh yeah, and 2 years ago we brought in one of the greatest hockey classes ever.

That said, we sure would still love to see Nash in Kelly Green...

Edit: The thing that worries me the most is the insane amount of penalty minutes we bring in next year. If MSU tries that end of game crap next year, the referees will need to call in a forensics team.

Trupp/top 5? in the nation?

Trupp/top 5? in the nation?

Yes I think that is reasonable, and if he was 4-6 inches taller he would have been a very high draft pick... Not unlike Ryan Duncan.

You could argue that maybe he should be top 10, but I think top 5 is very fair...

Kyle Turris

Big Gap

James Van Riemsdyk

Big Gap

Colin Wilson

Evan Trupp

Mike Hoeffel

Aaron Palushaj

Kyle Ostrow

Riley Nash???

Patrick White (higher without injury)

Taylor Matson

Casey Pierro-Zabotel

Kyle Turris

Big Gap

James Van Riemsdyk

Big Gap

Colin Wilson

Evan Trupp

Mike Hoeffel

Aaron Palushaj

Kyle Ostrow

Riley Nash???

Patrick White (higher without injury)

Taylor Matson

Casey Pierro-Zabotel

That list looks good to me. I'm interested to see how well Casey PZ does for Tech. He's really tearing up the BCHL this year.

That list looks good to me. I'm interested to see how well Casey PZ does for Tech. He's really tearing up the BCHL this year.

I've said this on many occasions, I'm really glad Tech seems to be on their way back, WCHA and college hockey is better with a competitive Tech. They have a solid 2007 class and a good start for 2008.

David Toews with a goal in yesterday's Manitoba 5-1 semi-final win over Alberta. Despite being one of the younger players in the tournament he is doing quite well but Manitoba will really have to bring their A game to topple Ontario in the Gold Medal match.

I really hope that the news that UND is out of the running for Nash is not true... Come on Riley, we play exciting hockey at UND!!! If you visited in the first half you need to remember we send so many players to the pros early that we don't hit our stride until the second half...

Another game and another #1 star for Nash:

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/hockey_boxSc...p;gameID=330628

With the possible exception of Turris, Nash has been the most impressive player lately in the BCHL.

I have no idea what goes through these kids minds but if you compare styles between Cornell and UND it seems like a no brainer. On USCHO in the Wisconsin recruiting section they talk about Saponari from the US development and Derek Lee from Salmon Arm deciding on Wisconsin and UND and a few other schools. If your a Offensive player who likes to freewheel and be a little creative why in the world would you want to play that trap style and systems that Eaves has imployed since he got there.Badgers fans keep spewing about how once Eaves has the horses his style would change,his horses have come and gone but his syle hasn't. I know that I have green glasses on but other teams fans have said the same thing.

I have no idea what goes through these kids minds but if you compare styles between Cornell and UND it seems like a no brainer. On USCHO in the Wisconsin recruiting section they talk about Saponari from the US development and Derek Lee from Salmon Arm deciding on Wisconsin and UND and a few other schools. If your a Offensive player who likes to freewheel and be a little creative why in the world would you want to play that trap style and systems that Eaves has imployed since he got there.Badgers fans keep spewing about how once Eaves has the horses his style would change,his horses have come and gone but his syle hasn't. I know that I have green glasses on but other teams fans have said the same thing.

You don't here much about Lee, but that is maybe because he is an 08? Could become an impact college player. I wonder though how ties are with Salmon Arm after losing Winnett to Michigan. Salmon Arm has provided UND alot of recent talent.

For those of you who get TSN you can watch David Toews and his Manitoba team go for Gold immediately following the Friday night Sioux game, a 9:30 CST start against Ontario.

I wish I could watch the Sioux game this weekend but it looks like its not played anywhere except their local channel.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits