SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Nash to Cornell as per Heisenberg,dang he would have looked good in kelly green.Next :D

I believe he would have gotten feedback on admissions/financial assistance from Cornell on April 1st. Best of luck to him. The 2 biggest prizes out there now are Derek Lee and David Toews. Hopefully we can ink them soon. Look for maybe 1 late pickup for 2007.

Also as it stands rigth now, I rate the Sioux 2007 class in a 3 way tie for 4th in the nation with Minnesota and BU and behind Wisconsin (1), BC (2T) , and Michigan (2T). Of course using the proprietary Siouxnami method... :silly:

Jake Marto gets some mention here (see CMM Defensive Players of the Week) http://ushl.com/news/0607/20070402weekly.pdf

also see This on Brett Bruneteau & Jake

QUARTET MAKING MUSIC IN LANCERS' LAST FIVE

A quartet of Lancers, including three forwards and a defenseman, have paced the team's offense in the club's last five games. Forwards Mark Olver, Andrew Conboy, Barry Almeida, and defenseman Jake Marto each have collected five points during the team's last quintet of games. Olver and Matt Thurber have each scored three goals to lead the team in goal scoring during the Lancers' last five contests, while Marto and Almeida each have four assists to pace the team in that category. Marto has also earned a plus-eight plus/minus rating at the same time. Both of Conboy's goals have come on the power play, and Brett Bruneteau and Jarmo Jokila each have game-winning overtime goals during that period. In net, Michal Valent has posted a perfect 3-0-0 record, a stingy 1.61 goals-against-average, and an impressive .933 save percentage.

here: http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3443472

Anybody think that David Toews possibly coming to UND would have an impact on Jon maybe staying one more year?

Did we try that last year with Travis and Darcy? Look how well that turned out.... and is David a senior or only a junior this year?

Anybody think that David Toews possibly coming to UND would have an impact on Jon maybe staying one more year?

even if daid was a senior it would be a no....jon is ready so lets bring home #8 with him on the ice!!

even if daid was a senior it would be a no....jon is ready so lets bring home #8 with him on the ice!!

This statement is unfortunately, and fortunately correct. I hope if they happen to trip up and NOT get #8 that the boys seriously reconsider staying.

This statement is unfortunately, and fortunately correct. I hope if they happen to trip up and NOT get #8 that the boys seriously reconsider staying.

i think that the reason why anybody will stay is because they feel that they need to develop more, i dont think too many people stay to actually win a championship-as in that being the deciding factor.

i like what your saying but lets be realistic. jon and tj are both ready.bottom line...of couse they want a tite but its rare that it would be a deciding factor. lets get bc and see what happens saturday and hope these guys go out as national champs!!

i like what your saying but lets be realistic. jon and tj are both ready.bottom line...of couse they want a tite but its rare that it would be a deciding factor. lets get bc and see what happens saturday and hope these guys go out as national champs!!

Yeah, I hear ya. I guess I still like to dream... :silly: I guess we just have to go get 8 this year at all costs.

Yeah, I hear ya. I guess I still like to dream... :silly: I guess we just have to go get 8 this year at all costs.

hopefully after saturday you can change your sig for "the skate for eight" to something like "its time for nine!"

If that's the best you've got, you better start thinking now... :silly:

I would say that it's up to Jonathon Toews, everyone thought that Darcy coming to UND would keep Travis here one more year and it had no affect on him what so ever. It would be cool but I would be willing to bet that Chicago is going to put a lot of pressure on Toews to sign. It's pretty much the question most of us have been asking is he really going to sign or play one more year. I like most think there is a snow balls chance in Grand Forks of him staying one more year.

Goon-

If you are going to use a cliche', at least use one that works. :D

Snowball's chance in Grand Forks? Actually, a Snowball has a good chance in Grand Forks 6 months out of the year. :silly:

Let's rephrase that to something like:

An icicle's chance in Waikiki (of not being placed in a fruity beverage) :D

we were lucky to get tows back for his second year...inever once thought travis would stay because of darcy because travis was ready for the nhl. thats the bottom line. are you ready or not....

Goon-

If you are going to use a cliche', at least use one that works. :D

Snowball's chance in Grand Forks? Actually, a Snowball has a good chance in Grand Forks 6 months out of the year. :silly:

Let's rephrase that to something like:

An icicle's chance in Waikiki (of not being placed in a fruity beverage) :D

Today I woke up and it was snowing, sucks because for the most part all of the snow was gone. Now its like winter redux.

Funny think is that no one is talking about the drought anymore. Snow balls chance in He!! would have been better I suppose.

we were lucky to get tows back for his second year...inever once thought travis would stay because of darcy because travis was ready for the nhl. thats the bottom line. are you ready or not....

There is more to it than that, though.

#1 - Are you NHL ready?

#2 - Is the player in a hurry to get to the NHL?

#3 - Does your NHL team want you today?

#4 - How old are you?

Under the new CBA, a player is locked into both signing bonus and salary limits based on where drafted for his first NHL contract (and it cannot be a one-way contract). Also, under the new CBA a player becomes an UFA at age 27 (used to be 31). This means your first NHL team has a player locked down for less time before a player can demand more $$$ and potentially jump to a different team, so they get in a hurry to get you there, and frustrated when you don't jump (see what Carolina did to Jack Johnson when he did not come out last year?).

When you factor in those new parameters, it becomes more likely in today's NHL that a highly drafted college player will leave early to go the NHL, or even the AHL.

As for the age part, Oshie is 20, Chorney and Lee are 19 and Toews is 18. I am not sure how old Finley is. It appears Chicago wants Toews now, Edmonton wants Chorney now and St. Louis wants Oshie now. Have not seen Ottawa's public feeling on Lee nor Washington's stance on Finley.

There is more to it than that, though.

#1 - Are you NHL ready?

#2 - Is the player in a hurry to get to the NHL?

#3 - Does your NHL team want you today?

#4 - How old are you?

Under the new CBA, a player is locked into both signing bonus and salary limits based on where drafted for his first NHL contract (and it cannot be a one-way contract). Also, under the new CBA a player becomes an UFA at age 27 (used to be 31). This means your first NHL team has a player locked down for less time before a player can demand more $$$ and potentially jump to a different team, so they get in a hurry to get you there, and frustrated when you don't jump (see what Carolina did to Jack Johnson when he did not come out last year?).

When you factor in those new parameters, it becomes more likely in today's NHL that a highly drafted college player will leave early to go the NHL, or even the AHL.

As for the age part, Oshie is 20, Chorney and Lee are 19 and Toews is 18. I am not sure how old Finley is. It appears Chicago wants Toews now, Edmonton wants Chorney now and St. Louis wants Oshie now. Have not seen Ottawa's public feeling on Lee nor Washington's stance on Finley.

jack johnson is a exception. hak and staff know when a player is ready and will support that if its after 1 year or 4 years. we have 3 ready pro players as of now.toews,oshie and chorney