SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

15 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Pretty light day for commitments so far, for sure. Looks like only Miami from the NCHC has picked up a recruit. 

As soon as Schloss said 10 top prospects said they weren’t committing today I figure it’d be a slow day and  I’d continue with my productive day of work.  :)

13 minutes ago, jk said:

That there haven't been any UND commitments is fine.  I find it odd that the vast majority of today's commitments were on the east coast.

And none of the highly sought after recruits have committed. So we’re still in the running for all of them. ;)

12 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

If bump comes here…don’t we have too many F? He’s solid but not a college hockey stud at this point 

I think we could take another forward but even if we have to make room for him I'd certainly push a guy like Albrecht or Montgomery out to get Bump.

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

And none of the highly sought after recruits have committed. So we’re still in the running for all of them. ;)

That and going undefeated this year.  Dam, things are looking sweet.  Might be the best August 1st ever.

On 7/31/2023 at 3:02 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

Queue @gfhockey... I don't think we want him ;).

Smells like Minnesota, but apparently he wants to stay out east. We'll see

As a PL guy who watched him closely in the state tourney, he absolutely dominated against CDH (I think) .... but Maple Grove knew exactly how to stop PL. Shut down bump and shut down the team. If Bump was going to make a difference he needed to be distributing the puck more and not try to make it all happen himself. 

Maybe this mentality changes when he is on a a team with more talent. Maybe that is just his game, in which case it could hold him back. I honestly haven't watched or followed the kid enough to know what his potential is, but it was awesome having him in PL.

If he has the skill, I hope the coaches take a look, but who knows. I was surprised when he picked Vermont in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

From what  read over the iasr few weeks, yes.

There was articles on the 2 Moorhead kids both saying they weren’t committing right away. Schlossman also said 10 top prospects he spoke to all said they weren’t committing right away. As soon as that news came out, everyone should have known. Until the top kids commit it’s going to be slow. A lot of schools are probably waiting on decisions from those guys and won’t move on to other options until decisions are made from them. 

I think it’s good. Kids should take their time making decisions. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

There was articles on the 2 Moorhead kids both saying they weren’t committing right away. Schlossman also said 10 top prospects he spoke to all said they weren’t committing right away. As soon as that news came out, everyone should have known. Until the top kids commit it’s going to be slow. A lot of schools are probably waiting on decisions from those guys and won’t move on to other options until decisions are made from them. 

I think it’s good. Kids should take their time making decisions. 

Agreed.