SiouxSports.com Forum

BU @ UND

Wilbur

The Terriers come into the Forks for the weekend.  They've got their goalie back that played a ton of hockey last year.  They still have a Hutson (or two) and a Celebrini, but not "those ones".  No one has defeated BU this year.

Eiserman should be fun to watch.  Should see plenty of a Jamernik lead line this weekend.

A Zetterberg, an Almonte, a LaChance, a Lacroix.....lots of hockey history on that BU roster.

UND easily plays a #fullsixty each night and rolls to a sweep with plenty of chest pounding culture in there too.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

The Terriers come into the Forks for the weekend.  They've got their goalie back that played a ton of hockey last year.  They still have a Hutson (or two) and a Celebrini, but not "those ones".  No one has defeated BU this year.

Eiserman should be fun to watch.  Should see plenty of a Jamernik lead line this weekend.

A Zetterberg, an Almonte, a LaChance, a Lacroix.....lots of hockey history on that BU roster.

UND easily plays a #fullsixty each night and rolls to a sweep with plenty of chest pounding culture in there too.

love your optimism.....but i have a bad feeling it will be UND getting rolled both nights

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Your sense of humor is appreciated..I always like to get my day started with a good chuckle. 

Come to think of it, isn't your prediction kind of a curse for UND? I remember you saying in the tournament bracket last March that your picks are usually a kiss of death. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I love your optimism......I just don't share it.

A home split against a Top 5 team is the best we can hope for right now and should be beneficial in the PWR. Hopefully Mankato has an awesome season and our road split becomes an asset.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Dixon Ward last shift Friday. Easily top 5 to wear a UND sweater.

I disagree. He is the 4th leading all time scorer behind Greg Johnson, Mark Taylor and Jeff Panzer, but he played 4 years. Without even considering defensemen (such as James Patrick, Russ Parent, Jake Sanderson, Curtis Murphy, Chay Genoway and Marc Chorney), how do you put him ahead of Hrkac, Parise, Toews, Oshie, Bob Joyce or even Bochenski?

13 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

I disagree. He is the 4th leading all time scorer behind Greg Johnson, Mark Taylor and Jeff Panzer, but he played 4 years. Without even considering defensemen (such as James Patrick, Russ Parent, Jake Sanderson, Curtis Murphy, Chay Genoway and Marc Chorney), how do you put him ahead of Hrkac, Parise, Toews, Oshie, Bob Joyce or even Bochenski?

Eyeball test. Stats dont tell the whole story. Tough as nails. 200 foot game. The fact you threw Chay Genoway into this conversation....now you just need to sit this one out. :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Eyeball test. Stats dont tell the whole story. The fact you threw Chay Genoway into this conversation....now you just need to sit this one out. :D

If we went by an eyeball test, I would have the following: (1) Tony Hrkac; (2) Zach Parise; (3) Toews; (4) Oshie; (5) Jake Sanderson; (6) James Patrick; (7)Greg Johnson; (8) Mark Taylor; (9) Curtis Murphy; (10) Bob Joyce; (11) Marc Chorney; (12) Brandon Bochenski; (13) Russ Parent; (14) Jeff Panzer; (15) Dixon Ward. I like Ward, but I can't see him any higher than 10-15. 

You are right about Chay. He was very dynamic, but not the best defensively 

1 hour ago, .357 said:

Your sense of humor is appreciated..I always like to get my day started with a good chuckle. 

Come to think of it, isn't your prediction kind of a curse for UND? I remember you saying in the tournament bracket last March that your picks are usually a kiss of death. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

I'm the kiss of death for the team I pick to win the NCAA tournament.  A reason I never pick UND for any game in that tournament.

For those that didn't get it, my pick for the weekend had a bit of satire to it. :lol:

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm the kiss of death for the team I pick to win the NCAA tournament.  A reason I never pick UND for any game in that tournament.

For those that didn't get it, my pick for the weekend had a bit of satire to it. :lol:

Wait, if you always pick UND to lose any game in the tourney, and the team has been having problems with first round exits.....maybe it's time to pick them to win and use that power you have to influence outcomes!

The boys should be jacked for this weekend's series...major pairwise implications, playing a nationally known program that is currently ranked #3 (USCHO) and on home ice.  This is why you play college hockey.  I can't wait to see 120 minutes of all out Sioux hockey!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

"If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right"  

I always have tuna on toast. Nothing's ever worked out for me with tuna on toast. I want the complete opposite of on toast. Chicken salad, on rye, untoasted ... and a cup of tea.

16 minutes ago, tnt said:

"If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right"  

I always have tuna on toast. Nothing's ever worked out for me with tuna on toast. I want the complete opposite of on toast. Chicken salad, on rye, untoasted ... and a cup of tea.

My name is George.  I'm unemployed and I live with my parents. 

;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, skateshattrick said:

Stats aside because of the different amount of time players were here. The top players in UND history based on play at UND and beyond in my opinion.

Jonathan Toews

Ed Belfour

Troy Murray

James Patrick

Craig Ludwig

Doug Smail

TJ Oshie

Zach Parise

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 1972 said:

love your optimism.....but i have a bad feeling it will be UND getting rolled both nights

When's the last time UND got "rolled" at The Ralph in back to back nights? I believe they just passed a year without a regulation loss.

EDIT, I had to look it up: The last time I can find UND getting swept and losing by more than 1 goal each night was... <drumroll> November 16th & 17th, 2018 or 2,166 days ago.  UND lost 2-0 to Western Michigan on Friday night(outshot them 32-19 FWIW) and lost 6-2 on Saturday night.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Stats aside because of the different amount of time players were here. The top players in UND history based on play at UND and beyond in my opinion.

Jonathan Toews

Ed Belfour

Troy Murray

James Patrick

Craig Ludwig

Doug Smail

TJ Oshie

Good list. I forgot about Belfour, Murray, Ludwig and Smail. Those are players from my younger adult years. 

42 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I feel a sweep

And it's not a good sweep

5-2 BU Friday

4-2 BU Saturday

BU has scored 4 goals or more in all games, that count and only gave up 2 in those games.

BU beat Holy Cross, Union and UConn all at home. They tied Harvard in an exhibition. Not exactly a murderer's row. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, .357 said:

Anyone remember who won this past March’s @jimdahl bracket?  We should maybe consult that guy!

31 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This has gotten off on a tangent.....it is just my opinion on Ward as a player at UND. Not including a pro career after. Not a high draft pick with uber talent that could not stay healthy enough to make a true impact at UND when it mattered. I'm glad he'll be recognized with a final skate.

Dixon Ward was something else to watch.  I’d be curious to know who your other top 4 are knowing that #11 occupies a spot in the top 5 though!