SiouxSports.com Forum

Providence @ UND

stoneySIOUX

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

16 with a bantam error on first PU goal: facing his own net.

Scanlan was all over him and rightfully so.  Heals towards the crease, not the toes.  

Heinert was in love with Wiebe last night.  I thought he and his partner had some puck management and zone outlet issues.

• Like 1

That middle frame before 13 and 25 couldn't break the puck out to save their lives was fun to watch.  Bubbs sensed it and just rolled the top three.  Boisvert was just a man out there.  Wilkie and Mac got good cycles going with James and Providence didn't have an answer.

Mac made a pass off the wall in the third that if it was finished it's an NCHC play of the year candidate. 

I think Boisvert has all the makings to be the league ROY.  Heavy shot and the ability to create space.  I'm excited to see him get plenty of opportunities on the PP. 

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That middle frame before 13 and 25 couldn't break the puck out to save their lives was fun to watch.  Bubbs sensed it and just rolled the top three.  Boisvert was just a man out there.  Wilkie and Mac got good cycles going with James and Providence didn't have an answer.

Mac made a pass off the wall in the third that if it was finished it's an NCHC play of the year candidate. 

I think Boisvert has all the makings to be the league ROY.  Heavy shot and the ability to create space.  I'm excited to see him get plenty of opportunities on the PP. 

Gotta go with you and Boisvert. Kid is going to be special for sure and he wears a great number 

2 hours ago, Oldguy said:

The boys had a real "buzz" several times in yesterday's game.  That was great to see, as the exhibition game didn't seem to have any of that.  I'm cautiously optimistic about the season after seeing how they can play when they show up.  

Talent-wise they can roll with anyone, but like you said, it's a matter of them consistently showing up. It took a late shot on net (on TJ) yesterday to wake the guys up, before that they didn't seem very engaged.

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Aside from the boys kicking the rodents butt at the Ralph, last nights game was right up there because of all the alumni we got to rub elbows with in the suite we were in. Such humble great guys and the boys on the ice played well to boot 

IMG_9293.jpeg

Hobnobbing with the Sioux aristocracy, I see. Sounds like you had a blast. 

Who is Hakstol with there?

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Thought it was a much more aggressive engaged effort all around last night. Definitely some things to clean up specifically in the defensive zone and need to be stronger with some of the passes in the neutral zone.

Was there - they absolutely dominated neutral zone second period on.  I like the second period team that established forecheck and possessed the puck as well. 

31 minutes ago, .357 said:

Haha thanks for sharing that.

Gino, the man who revived Sioux hockey & elevated it to the top tier. I shudder to think where the program would be today if he never came along. 

I shudder to think where the program would have gone had Clifford caved to fan pressure back then. 
The “hockey experts” in our fan base nearly  rioted when Tom Clifford overruled Carl Miller’s choice of Ned Harkness as head coach and gave the job to Gino. One guy set up a table in Gamble Hall trying to get people to sign a petition to force Clifford to reconsider his decision. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, iramurphy said:

I shudder to think where the program would have gone had Clifford caved to fan pressure back then. 
The “hockey experts” in our fan base nearly  rioted when Tom Clifford overruled Carl Miller’s choice of Ned Harkness as head coach and gave the job to Gino. One guy set up a table in Gamble Hall trying to get people to sign a petition to force Clifford to reconsider his decision. 

I thought Harkness didn't take the job because his wife didn't want to move to Grand Forks?

21 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

The “hockey experts” in our fan base nearly rioted when Tom Clifford overruled Carl Miller’s choice of Ned Harkness as head coach and gave the job to Gino. One guy set up a table in Gamble Hall trying to get people to sign a petition to force Clifford to reconsider his decision. 

We had to shut the Sioux Sports forums down for like a week during that time.
It just got too out of control.

• Upvote 2