SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 10/5/24

SiouxFan100

11 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

The 3-4 needs to go. The d line can not get pressure at all. When was the last time und had an above average defense even within their conference? 

There’s much more than just the current scheme that needs to go … and it has to do with contracts.

New scheme = new you know what 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If our goal as a program isn’t to compete for and win FCS titles, we aren't doing it right.ing

Actually i think we are sorta making the same point.

No big deal losing to the strongest team in the country.

The goal is to make deep playoff runs and contend for a title.

That's the bigger goal.

Losing to the Dakota States doesn't hurt playoff chances because everyone knows how strong they are.

That's small picture stuff. Bubba will lose to unknown teams this year probably before and/or during the playoffs.

That's the bigger picture. And that's the real issue here.

This game could have been an FCS semifinal. Then we'd lose and it wouldn't be "mediocre expectations".

It would have been meeting expectations only difference was UND made a nice deep playoff run.

UND isn't even close to that yet. 

Accomplish step one first! 

58 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

When asked about a new trophy he said he wasn’t that interested in it at the moment, although Polasek said he would be. 

Another thought about the rivalry. I dont think butts in the seats is a good indicator. To me it has to do with ATTITUDE and the HYPE. Back in the early 70s the week of THE GAME thats all you heard about. You could feel it in the air and it would take a national disaster to stop anyone from attending. Now that attitude has changed. WE lost what 10 years of fans-students who werent exposed to it.  Plus our limp dick AD has not helped it one bit.

As a former player I wish the players and the current fans felt the way I do.  It makes me sad to think about it.

• Upvote 3

A nice seven or eight win season. First round exit.

Repeat. 

At most host a home playoff game and maybe win that.

Everyone knows that that will be the high ceiling for this team.

Don't like it, but we've all seen this show before a bunch of times.

Why would anyone expect anything different this time around?

Especially with a young qb who constantly throws 5 yard passes into the ground!

5 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Another thought about the rivalry. I dont think butts in the seats is a good indicator. To me it has to do with ATTITUDE and the HYPE. Back in the early 70s the week of THE GAME thats all you heard about. You could feel it in the air and it would take a national disaster to stop anyone from attending. Now that attitude has changed. WE lost what 10 years of fans-students who werent exposed to it.  Plus our limp dick AD has not helped it one bit.

As a former player I wish the players and the current fans felt the way I do.  It makes me sad to think about it.

Well thought out opinion.  Great win for your squad today.  

14 minutes ago, MinnDak said:

Defense is awful. Zero pressure on the ball. For f sakes other teams have no problem getting pressure on our QB and RB. Zero pass coverage. I feel like the linebackers are generally a strong presence but working as a unit is non existent. 90 and 93 seem to stuff the middle on the D line. The rest look like decent 220# high school defensive ends. Can someone please make a play? 
Offense: QB1 is obvious. The O line is awful and 14,20, 28, 29 have made them look good all year. We simply need bigger and stronger on both lines. Amazing one tight end throw today. Receivers seem good I would say but if you drop an easy ball it’s next man up. There is not a single player on this team challenged for their spot. There is 3-4 players not playing on both sides  that the whole team knows need to be playing. Penalties screwed us but we didn’t do anything to over come other than the nice punt return by Bo.  Next game: Defense please find someone hungry to get to the ball. Offense if we don’t get it done in first half we better see #11 and company trot out the second half for the rest of the year. 

Settle down bud

4 hours ago, Big Green said:

Not over at all.  Rest of games are winnable.  Very different Team home vs away 

It's over ... take it from a converted Jackrabbits fan who just lost a C note on the Moneyline...they will lose to both SD's (even at home) and crash everything else...

• Downvote 1