SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

49 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

The same folks complaining now did the same for Hak.  He apparently couldn’t win the big game and needed to go.

I don't think it's too much to expect our program to win some regional games and get to the Frozen Four regularly - Apparently on this board that is too high an expectation.  Frustrations were for Hak were that he needed to win to win a Natty - frustrations for Bubs are that he needs to win a regional game.  Sad. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Irish said:

I don't think it's too much to expect our program to win some regional games and get to the Frozen Four regularly - Apparently on this board that is too high an expectation.  Frustrations were for Hak were that he needed to win to win a Natty - frustrations for Bubs are that he needs to win a regional game.  Sad. 

@Walsh Hall is also okay with Bubba's totally unearned and undeserved extention over on the FB forum, so you shouldn't be surprised.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Anyone want to try to spin this as not a big deal?

Not spinning, as I’m guessing the staff would have wanted both. 
But they've shown to do well getting good players out of the portal when needed, so I trust they have a plan to fill any holes should any further pro or portal departures happen. 

10 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Not spinning, as I’m guessing the staff would have wanted both. 
But they've shown to do well getting good players out of the portal when needed, so I trust they have a plan to fill any holes should any further pro or portal departures happen. 

If you're not ranting, you're spinning.

#:angry:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Can Blake sign already. The anticipation is driving me up the wall…

Agreed. Pull the dang ripcord so we can say congrats, thank you, and reconcile/move on or say you’re coming back now. That works too. :lol::) 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Agreed. Pull the dang ripcord so we can say congrats, thank you, and reconcile/move on or say you’re coming back now. That works too. :lol::) 

I'd prefer the latter, but doubt there's much of a chance of that happening at this point.

Well Blake’s leaving earlier than i would have initially thought, we didn’t get any of the big name portal entrants (taking second on all)….watch we’ll hang 9 next year

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Anyone want to try to spin this as not a big deal?

Both players went to the school they were initially tied to. Disappointing still, but not surprising.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Walsh Hall said:

The same folks complaining now did the same for Hak.  He apparently couldn’t win the big game and needed to go.

Which makes 100% perfect sense, because if you’re going to complain about a semi-final loss in the national tournament, you’re no doubt going to complain about a regional semi-final loss in the national tournament.

UND’s post season performances are trending in the wrong direction. They are not getting closer to a national title, they are getting farther away. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

According to RA from Spittin Chiclets on Twitter the deal with Carolina is done and there will be a formal announcement tomorrow regarding Blake. That sucks. 

Best of luck to him moving forward.  Wish we could have gotten another year out of him, and honestly think he could have certainly used it, but understand why Carolina was pushing so hard to get him into their system.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Well Blake’s leaving earlier than i would have initially thought, we didn’t get any of the big name portal entrants (taking second on all)….watch we’ll hang 9 next year

Maybe don’t have an offensive superstar, but we probably will be a bit better defensively, and a little harder to play against.  Rather than the power play running through Blake, they’ll need to whip the puck around a little faster to get those cross ice openings for some one timers from Berg and Perron.  Hopefully Perron recognizes this as an opportunity for him to be the man on the power play, and to be more of a trigger man period with his shot.