SiouxSports.com Forum

Summit League Tournament

16 hours ago, CMSioux said:

...Friend said last year SDSU, USD and NDSU had large gathering rooms - guess we'll have to duck into their rooms pre-game.  

Make sure you're wearing blue, know the school fight song, and are buying some SDSU gear which will be sold at the gathering, if you're planning on ducking into the SDSU room or we'll spot you drinking the complimentary beer. :)

I wonder how strong the USD crowd will be since the Yotes Men are in the play-in game which may have depressed their full-tourney pass sales (I don't know that for a fact). I've attended all but one SLT since it has been held in Sioux Falls. The 2024 Tourney has great potential.  Many have commented on the league parity, particularly on the Men's side.  I've watched most of the teams and the quality spread from top to bottom is not as large as it has been in some years.  I'll show up for the Friday play in games and stay in Sioux Falls (I live 90 minutes outside of Sioux Falls) for the entire tourney, irrespective of how the SDSU teams perform. I'm even looking forward to the USD v ORU play-in game -- should be entertaining and will be of great interest to Jacks fans because the winner plays the Jacks on Saturday.  

Good luck and safe travels!

• Upvote 3

Does anyone know if they will continue to sell 'all session' tickets after the tournament starts?  I've always bought our tickets on Saturday morning when we get there but the Friday play in is a new thing.  Pretty sure 9 session package is still cheaper than buying 8 sessions individually (even though I'm skipping the Friday session).  As an FYI they also usually have an all session package with drink tickets. 

(I'm morally opposed to paying ticket master fees when I can avoid them)

31 minutes ago, Kassonvike said:

Does anyone know if they will continue to sell 'all session' tickets after the tournament starts?  I've always bought our tickets on Saturday morning when we get there but the Friday play in is a new thing.  Pretty sure 9 session package is still cheaper than buying 8 sessions individually (even though I'm skipping the Friday session).  As an FYI they also usually have an all session package with drink tickets. 

(I'm morally opposed to paying ticket master fees when I can avoid them)

Any ticket vendor needs to be forced to have the total price of a ticket listed before you buy and see all the added fees

sort of like renting a car, some have stadium fees when you pick up at an airport, don’t know what the hell that is.

17 hours ago, JackJD said:

Make sure you're wearing blue, know the school fight song, and are buying some SDSU gear which will be sold at the gathering, if you're planning on ducking into the SDSU room or we'll spot you drinking the complimentary beer. :)

I wonder how strong the USD crowd will be since the Yotes Men are in the play-in game which may have depressed their full-tourney pass sales (I don't know that for a fact). I've attended all but one SLT since it has been held in Sioux Falls. The 2024 Tourney has great potential.  Many have commented on the league parity, particularly on the Men's side.  I've watched most of the teams and the quality spread from top to bottom is not as large as it has been in some years.  I'll show up for the Friday play in games and stay in Sioux Falls (I live 90 minutes outside of Sioux Falls) for the entire tourney, irrespective of how the SDSU teams perform. I'm even looking forward to the USD v ORU play-in game -- should be entertaining and will be of great interest to Jacks fans because the winner plays the Jacks on Saturday.  

Isn't it just like tailgating - step up and someone hands you a beverage :) 

Denver upsets KC. Brunner's ankle is an issue. I think this game set the unofficial record for most air balls in a game. Table is set for UND, just take care of Omaha Sunday.  

• Upvote 3

On 3/7/2024 at 1:46 AM, JackJD said:

Made it in the room no problem :) Saw one other UND fan today (Saturday), not unlikely as we start tomorrow. Always a home game for the SDSU teams but their fans show up.

I was at games tonight. Nice to see KC lose tonight. Right now just need to worry about Omaha though. What a sea of blue at the arena today. But there are a few fans from other teams. What an unbelievable advantage for SDSU teams to have such a home court advantage every year. 

• Upvote 3

I’m pretty disappointed in the effort UND champions club has put into getting more fans engaged in this tournament and making sure they are informed.  I’ve received at least 3 well done communications from NDSU with schedule information and how to purchase tournament tickets and my only connection to them was I bought some basketball tickets online when there were some good games in Fargo.  Meanwhile I’m decently high up in the champions club.. I’ve had season football tickets for at least a decade.. and yet it’s crickets with respect to any correspondence on the summit league tournament in a year that the basketball team has some serious promise.  UND continues to hammer home the point that they don’t care much about athletics or even put in a pretty basic effort unless it’s a couple ounces of frozen rubber.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

I’m pretty disappointed in the effort UND champions club has put into getting more fans engaged in this tournament and making sure they are informed.  I’ve received at least 3 well done communications from NDSU with schedule information and how to purchase tournament tickets and my only connection to them was I bought some basketball tickets online when there were some good games in Fargo.  Meanwhile I’m decently high up in the champions club.. I’ve had season football tickets for at least a decade.. and yet it’s crickets with respect to any correspondence on the summit league tournament in a year that the basketball team has some serious promise.  UND continues to hammer home the point that they don’t care much about athletics or even put in a pretty basic effort unless it’s a couple ounces of frozen rubber.

We need new leasership

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Hard not to see that having a social at a regular season hockey game in Omaha usurped any effort at the Summit.

Even more than no social.. no emails.. no publicity.. pretty lame

OK, does anyone understand the purpose of this highlight video?  I wanted to get an quick feel for the game ...  This was a complete waste of time.  This type of video is not engaging in anyway.  I don't understand the purpose of the Summit League website.  Do others get it?

https://thesummitleague.org/news/2024/3/9/mens-basketball-late-game-heroics-send-no-7-denver-past-no-2-kansas-city.aspx

18 minutes ago, FSSD said:

OK, does anyone understand the purpose of this highlight video?  I wanted to get an quick feel for the game ...  This was a complete waste of time.  This type of video is not engaging in anyway.  I don't understand the purpose of the Summit League website.  Do others get it?

https://thesummitleague.org/news/2024/3/9/mens-basketball-late-game-heroics-send-no-7-denver-past-no-2-kansas-city.aspx

Apparently they were worried about people like you, I see they turned off the comment section.   I agree, this is a totally useless video