SiouxSports.com Forum

Summit League Tournament

On 3/7/2024 at 11:17 AM, Dustin said:

I'm super excited for the next several days:  hockey Friday and Saturday, basketball Sunday, and hopefully basketball Monday and Tuesday.

Wow what an absolute gut punch weekend.

President Andy was in attendance, so at least he thought the tournament was worth supporting. St Thomas, USD, NDSU and SDSU all had hospitality rooms over the weekend. There were several empty rooms going unused. The Champions Club did save some money by "waiting until Monday" to host a room. It did not take St Thomas long to rise to the top.

14 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Apparently they were worried about people like you, I see they turned off the comment section.   I agree, this is a totally useless video

Welcome to 2020 - we want your engagement time but we don't want your feedback.

• Upvote 3

On 3/9/2024 at 11:45 PM, wheelsup said:

I’m pretty disappointed in the effort UND champions club has put into getting more fans engaged in this tournament and making sure they are informed.  I’ve received at least 3 well done communications from NDSU with schedule information and how to purchase tournament tickets and my only connection to them was I bought some basketball tickets online when there were some good games in Fargo.  Meanwhile I’m decently high up in the champions club.. I’ve had season football tickets for at least a decade.. and yet it’s crickets with respect to any correspondence on the summit league tournament in a year that the basketball team has some serious promise.  UND continues to hammer home the point that they don’t care much about athletics or even put in a pretty basic effort unless it’s a couple ounces of frozen rubber.

But Chaves has a regular podcast, so we shouldn't complain about anything ever. :silly:

16 minutes ago, goyotes said:

Some random observations of the UND game Sunday night from my USD fan view point.  UND once again had no pep band at the tournament.  The UND cheer squad looked like a second class operation, with few members and leading the team onto the floor with a UND flag about the size you would see in a freshman dorm room.  Even prior members like the Leathernecks, IUPUI & IPFW had much better representation in these areas in their time in the Summit, despite being much farther from Sioux Falls than Grand Forks is.    Granted, none of these items directly affect the game, but it sure screams that UND administration doesn't put much emphasis on the tournament.

That being said, UND did have a decent sized crowd at the game last night.

Hopefully the UND athletic department puts more emphasis on the whole Summit League Tournament experience in future years.  Not only will it make it more enjoyable for UND fans but it will help improve the overall tournament atmosphere for all it attendance.

Agreed 100%

it was sad

we use to have a dance team

Omaha is our daddy

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, goyotes said:

Some random observations of the UND game Sunday night from my USD fan view point.  UND once again had no pep band at the tournament.  The UND cheer squad looked like a second class operation, with few members and leading the team onto the floor with a UND flag about the size you would see in a freshman dorm room.  Even prior members like the Leathernecks, IUPUI & IPFW had much better representation in these areas in their time in the Summit, despite being much farther from Sioux Falls than Grand Forks is.    Granted, none of these items directly affect the game, but it sure screams that UND administration doesn't put much emphasis on the tournament.

That being said, UND did have a decent sized crowd at the game last night.

Hopefully the UND athletic department puts more emphasis on the whole Summit League Tournament experience in future years.  Not only will it make it more enjoyable for UND fans but it will help improve the overall tournament atmosphere for all it attendance.

I've been saying this all year. This year has to be the most pathetic year I've seen at UND as far as band , cheerleaders,  school spirit and student engagement.  Not to mention the horrible changes the Betty made during the off season that were to have made a better experience.  Whoevers idea it was needs to be fired.   So disappointed in the university.  I wonder what Andy thinks about it ? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NewUndFan said:

I've been saying this all year. This year has to be the most pathetic year I've seen at UND as far as band , cheerleaders,  school spirit and student engagement.  Not to mention the horrible changes the Betty made during the off season that were to have made a better experience.  Whoevers idea it was needs to be fired.   So disappointed in the university.  I wonder what Andy thinks about it ? 

Martinson is being groomed to take over when Chaves retires. God help us if that happens. It is time President Armacost shows some leadership in this area, because nothing will happen without that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, petey23 said:

You do realize that UND handled Denver twice this season already.

Yeah, but as the season went on, they got better we got worse. This is the end of the season so obviously they improved. We didn’t big deal.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Martinson is being groomed to take over when Chaves retires. God help us if that happens. It is time President Armacost shows some leadership in this area, because nothing will happen without that.

Nothing will be done.  In the eyes of leadership everything is good.  Kids are doing well in classes, FB made playoffs, MBB "improved" from last year, hockey will make tourney and well WBB is what it is a complete dumpster fire.  All is well at UND.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxweet said:

Nothing will be done.  In the eyes of leadership everything is good.  Kids are doing well in classes, FB made playoffs, MBB "improved" from last year, hockey will make tourney and well WBB is what it is a complete dumpster fire.  All is well at UND.

Unfortunately the men’s basketball team is not doing well in the classroom 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoodGood said:

Unfortunately the men’s basketball team is not doing well in the classroom 

Hey it is a success as we aren't in the D2 days anymore with the team made up of small town ND and MN kids.  Things are different and if they can get 5 kids to show up to class it is a success.