SiouxSports.com Forum

Summit League Tournament

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

Kc won today so that makes us the third seed - correct? Wouldn’t the third seed play the sixth seed? The sixth seed is Omaha.   Please correct me. Thanks

Yup that’s all correct. 

Best possible matchup for UND.. saying that and they could definitely still drop one to Omaha, but i feel better about them rather than playing ORU… even tho ORU has looked atrocious 

41 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

How we feeling? Wanted to start this to talk all things tournament. I will have another thread about Omaha later on. Playing Sunday 8:30PM. Anyone making it down?

I won’t this year but would like to someday. Very much Looking forward to watching it. The good news is that we’ve already beaten all of the potential opponents that stand between us and championship game. A Quarterfinal loss would diminish the season’s success without a doubt, but this season gave me a lot of hope in UND basketball. Next year should be even better in theory right?  

46 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Playing Sunday 8:30PM.

Keep winning and you’ve got 3 games in prime time. Couldn’t ask for better opportunity in terms of exposure. 

• Upvote 1

Need to adjust to how the refs call the games

seems like come tourney time they let them play more physical which favors KC, ndsu 

will see how the week goes

not a team in the tourney we can’t beat 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Regardless of the opponent, the first round game was going to be tough. Life in the Summit this season. I do like the way we played on Saturday, so if we can do that again, we will be tough to beat! I still feel like this team has its best basketball ahead of it

33 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Thats an odd tiebreaker 

It’s first head to head which was split then it goes to records against the other teams starting from the top down and they won the first team tie breaker, UND lost both games and they split with sdsu 

33 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Thats an odd tiebreaker 

After head to head, it’s your record against the highest seeded opponent (that’s not one of two schools).

So I thought the advantage to being on CBS Sports as we can hold the summit tournament on a weekend and not during the week wasn’t that one of the advantages that was sold to us on switching from ESPN to CBS

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

So I thought the advantage to being on CBS Sports as we can hold the summit tournament on a weekend and not during the week wasn’t that one of the advantages that was sold to us on switching from ESPN to CBS

I’m guessing this year’s tournament was already scheduled before the media rights switched. I could see that changing in the future, but isn’t it actually better to own your night early in the week on championship week, rather than get lost in Power 5 tournaments games later in the week?

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

When the CBSSN was announced they said next year will be different.  Scheduling will change in a way that allows the league to get a couple more men's tournament games on CBSSN, so men and women should each have semi finals and finals televised.  6 games on cbssn > 1 on espn2 imo.

19 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

How we feeling? Wanted to start this to talk all things tournament. I will have another thread about Omaha later on. Playing Sunday 8:30PM. Anyone making it down?

Yep - high hopes for the men, support for the women. 

14 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Wonder if Osburn and Glover will be ready to go for Omaha???

Is Bruner out for Denver??

No way Osborn is right? Didn’t he break his wrist or something? Bruner I thought it sounded like Achilles? He was in a boot at the end of the game. 

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

No way Osborn is right? Didn’t he break his wrist or something? Bruner I thought it sounded like Achilles? He was in a boot at the end of the game. 

I have no idea on Osborn.

I saw Bruner go down but didn't know it was achilles... two years in a row denver goes into tourney without their best player.