SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs NDSU 2/3 3:30PM

sioux24/7

Amar and Tyree are making all the difference with this team.  They give this team grit.  UND matched up with NDSU in post.  And to me that is the game.

UND:

Amar - 4 - OReb, 9 - DReb, 2 - BLK, 11 -  pts

TT  - 1 - OReb, 1 - DReb, 0 - BLK, 10 -  pts

NDSU:

Morgan: 1 - OReb, 3 - DReb, 0 - BLK, 14 -  pts

Feddersen:  1 - OReb, 4 - DReb, 0 - BLK, 6 -  pts

And I don't understand how Omot did not take his defender to the cleaners.  NDSU matched up a 6' guard on him.  That should have been exploited all game long.

Omot FG 4-12, 0 - OReb, 1 - DReb, 0 - Asst, 10 - pts

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Are we peaking too early??

You want to be playing your best ball in March. Can we sustain this level of play for another month??

Can’t wait to see your response when he loses a couple?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Amar and Tyree are making all the difference with this team.  They give this team grit.  UND matched up with NDSU in post.  And to me that is the game.

UND:

Amar - 4 - OReb, 9 - DReb, 2 - BLK, 11 -  pts

TT  - 1 - OReb, 1 - DReb, 0 - BLK, 10 -  pts

NDSU:

Morgan: 1 - OReb, 3 - DReb, 0 - BLK, 14 -  pts

Feddersen:  1 - OReb, 4 - DReb, 0 - BLK, 6 -  pts

And I don't understand how Omot did not take his defender to the cleaners.  NDSU matched up a 6' guard on him.  That should have been exploited all game long.

Omot FG 4-12, 0 - OReb, 1 - DReb, 0 - Asst, 10 - pts

Should have posted Omot up rather than trying to take him off the dribble all night.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, homer said:

Can’t wait to see your response when he loses a couple?

I think it’s a pretty fair question. Paul Raul even asked Amar the same question in the post game interview. And talked about how it’s harder to stay at the top than it is to make it to the top. But don’t worry, I’m the idiot.

I don’t expect people who haven’t played before to realize how hard it is to play at such a high level for an extended period of time. 

1 minute ago, homer said:

Who says we have peaked yet and are playing our best basketball?  What I saw today was far from peaking for this team but you do you

Yep. I think his point would have been better if we had won by 20+. Good for us to grind out a game like this when we didn’t play near our best.

36 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I think it’s a pretty fair question. Paul Raul even asked Amar the same question in the post game interview. And talked about how it’s harder to stay at the top than it is to make it to the top. But don’t worry, I’m the idiot.

I don’t expect people who haven’t played before to realize how hard it is to play at such a high level for an extended period of time. 

^High level player here.. he’s seen it all and knows it all

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Should have posted Omot up rather than trying to take him off the dribble all night.

Just not really BJs game to post up… hes way better off the dribble and penetrating… doesn’t really have a post game 

15 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Just not really BJs game to post up… hes way better off the dribble and penetrating… doesn’t really have a post game 

I realize that but they took that part of his game away today and if they are going to guard you with a guy giving up 8 inches you post him up 2-3 times and then they probably look to a different option which then brings his strength back into play.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SD UND said:

Pretty gutty grind it out it W for the squad today. Gotta win ugly sometimes and they did that today 

but fire sather and cut Danielson 

tap the break ms sather.........keep it going.

don't have to cut brady but give his minutes to eli or mara and maybe we win this game by ten?

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

tap the break ms sather.........keep it going.

don't have to cut brady but give his minutes to eli or mara and maybe we win this game by ten?

I think Brooks could easily take some of those minutes as well. He isn't a great shooter either but he is good defender, more athletic, and can score at the rim. He also doesn't take bad shots and is pretty efficient. Is he injured?

• Upvote 1