SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs NDSU 2/3 3:30PM

sioux24/7

UND has now won 5 games in a row, including 3 on the road. Impressive stuff. There really has been more of a buy-in on hounding my the glass, led by Amar but everyone seems to be attacking. Now we host the team to the south, the Bison. UND has not beat them since 1/16/2021, time to change that. The games between that win have never been close with an average margin of defeat of 18.5 points. 

NDSU has struggled this year but Dave Richman always gets his guys going in time for the Summit League tournament. Was last nights win over SDSU in Brookings the turning point? Not sure but UND has an opportunity to knock them back a peg again.

NDSU is led by #14 Boden Skunberg averaging 15ppg, 5.5rpg and 2apg. Bison fans get extremely frustrated with him trying to play hero ball. The two players that concern me the most are #10 Damari Wheeler-Thomas, averaging 12.6ppg, 2.8apg and 2.6rpg, and #23 Andrew Morgan, averaging 11.5ppg. Need Amar and T to lockdown down low with Morgan and freshman #34 Noah Feddersen. 

KenPom has UND winning this one 76-72. BartTorvik says 75-72 and Vegas doesn’t have lines yet. 

If you can, please come to the game. Let’s create an awesome atmosphere for a team playing some great ball right now. Red Panda is performing at halftime too! For those that can’t make it, catch it on Summit League Network. 

• Upvote 1

In the SDSU-NDSU game they let the bigs on both teams just absolutely beat the $H!T out of each other.. I have a horrible feeling that the crew is going to be Lameroux and Anslinger and some young guy and they're gonna call early cheap fouls on both bigs and it will be Brian mathews and Josh Streit running around out there... Hope I'm wrong and they let players play and don't try to have a whistle fest... but Saturday games have sure felt like that is how it is officiated.

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

#10 Damari Wheeler-Thomas, averaging 12.6ppg, 2.8apg and 2.6rpg

He played some really good defense on Mayo towards the end of the game last night. Definitely helped them come out on top.

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

NDSU is led by #14 Boden Skunberg averaging 15ppg, 5.5rpg and 2apg. Bison fans get extremely frustrated with him trying to play hero ball.

Assuming he isn't asked to be "away" from the team again....

52 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

He played some really good defense on Mayo towards the end of the game last night. Definitely helped them come out on top.

Assuming he isn't asked to be "away" from the team again....

Isn't Tyree a match up problem for Wheeler-Thomas.  Wheeler-Thomas looked like he was under 6'.  Tyree can just take him down low.

38 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I just hope I don't have to sit next to the Skunberg family again this year!!

Sat by someone a couple years ago and was the most miserable time I’ve ever had at a BB game, these were just bison fans and ladies were worse than the men

I’m sure every fan base has these but when you are in someone else’s house maybe tone it down a few notches 

Hoping football team shows up in full force close to ndsu coach but don’t know if the seating is that way this year 

1 hour ago, FSSD said:

Isn't Tyree a match up problem for Wheeler-Thomas.  Wheeler-Thomas looked like he was under 6'.  Tyree can just take him down low.

Hopefully. Haven't watched SDSU to know if that is part of Mayo's game, but Tyree and Mayo are listed as pretty much the same size and DWT caused a few issues down the stretch. It wasn't all-world defense and not sure if he was on him earlier in the game while Mayo was going off for 35 but regardless, but seemed to make some decent plays when it counted.