SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five

Smoggy

I'm glad the Dogs put Wisconsin away, because I'd rather play UW than the Gophs in the play-in game. That is if we make it.

I really do think there will be an upset in the first round. I'm thinking UAA will pull it off against UW again. I wouldn't consider the Dogs beating us an upset.

Also Mich. Tech will take one from Denver.

The bad news in all of this is that more than likely the play-in game winner will have to play the next afternoon. Thank the WCHA's love of the Gophers for that one.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Bucky on a big finish this year :D ...And the reward is, they get to play at Dane County Coliseum because of the H.S. Girls B-Ball Tourney!! Too sweet!! Now where are those clowns complaining about the Sat/Sun games against UND last week because of the HS hockey tourney...

Yes, getting through Duluth is no sure thing. This series worries me greatly.

However, if we were to get through Duluth, my Final Five tournament exp would be more fun if we played MN on Thursday night. Then we'd have the satisfacting of having finished them, and then I could still have the anticipation of a Sioux game on Friday!

Yes, getting through Duluth is no sure thing.  This series worries me greatly.

However, if we were to get through Duluth, my Final Five tournament exp would be more fun if we played MN on Thursday night.  Then we'd have the satisfacting of having finished them, and then I could still have the anticipation of a Sioux game on Friday!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Winning Thurs. night is always big. Then you're guaranteed to see 2 more games involving your team! This weekend will be fun!! Good luck to both teams, and may the team that works the hardest come out on top!

Good luck to both teams, and may the team that works the hardest come out on top!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm fairly certain that whichever team scores the most goals will come out on top. :D:D

Winning Thurs. night is always big.  Then you're guaranteed to see 2 more games involving your team! 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Except for those watching on TV, as the Thursday winner is stuck with the non-televised Friday afternoon game.

Lots of fans picking this series (UMD vs UND) as the road team win series; Sioux better prove them all wrong.

If the Goofs win Thursday - you can bet that they will play Friday night

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gophers will not play on Thursday, since they are a 3 seed. The 2 vs. 3 semi will be Friday night, while the 1 vs 4/5 will be on Friday afternoon (assuming the Gophers beat Mankato this weekend).

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that the Thursday winner is going to have to play Friday afternoon.  No wonder why no team has ever won who has to play in the play in game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. However, it's all about the $. The Gophs, by far, have the largest market, the home venue and FSN all on their side. Heck, if the Gophs didn't make the Final Five :-) FSN would probably air a "Gopher Classic" Friday night instead of showing another team play.

I think I should know this by now but......The Sioux (if they win the series this weekend) are playing the play-in game on Thursday BUT if the lower team bumps off the # 1, 2, or 3 team this weekend would the sioux skip the play-in game or would 2 of the lower seeds have to bump 1, 2 or 3 off for the sioux to skip thursday. as i type this I THINK 2 lower seeds would need to win?:D Maybe I should just get back to work.