SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five

Smoggy

All 5 games of the final 5 will be on FSN North INCLUDING the Fri Afternoon game

I posted this a few weeks ago

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3757&hl=

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Knew we'd seen that somewhere. The NCAA web site does not show the Friday afternoon game as being teleivised. We hope the startrib's report is correct.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite line

How about BIASED analysis :D:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. I think 80 percent of the bias comes from Mansucko's mouth.

I wouldn't care so much about Woog's expert analysis if he didn't have the retard sitting next to him clouding up the airwaves with his garbage they call "color commentary"

No. I think 80 percent of the bias comes from Mansucko's mouth.

I wouldn't care so much about Woog's expert analysis if he didn't have the retard sitting next to him clouding up the airwaves with his garbage they call "color commentary"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wouldn't that make woog the retard?? he's the one doin the color. I do, however, know what you meant and yes, mazzaco is the retard. :lol:

No.  I think 80 percent of the bias comes from Mansucko's mouth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that the stuff you teach? :lol:

Honestly, I thought Masucko did the color and Woog did the play by play?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mazsucko does the play-by and Woog is color. I don't mind Woog as I couldn't stand Tom Reid. Now there was a "dynamic duo" . . . I wish the Wooger was still coaching the Gophs . . .

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that the Thursday winner is going to have to play Friday afternoon.  No wonder why no team has ever won who has to play in the play in game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Add to that the fact that they are playing the #1 seed too. Maybe a bit ridiculous, but definitely a perk for the #1 seed who already won the McNaughton Cup and maybe deserves playing the less rested team on Friday afternoon.

Unless the #1 seed is Minnesota, TinyTimmay, in which case the play-in winner would play them on Friday night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True. The Xcel takes full advantage of all the Goofer fans that would be working during the day and unable to attend an afternoon game, by shifting it to a 7pm start so as to fill some seats. Makes sense to me. If the 5 was at the Ralph, I think it would be a similar situation if the Sioux were the #1. I gotta say that the Final 5 is the most enjoyable sporting events I attend every year. Go Sioux!!!

True. The Xcel takes full advantage of all the Goofer fans that would be working during the day and unable to attend an afternoon game, by shifting it to a 7pm start so as to fill some seats. Makes sense to me. If the 5 was at the Ralph, I think it would be a similar situation if the Sioux were the #1. I gotta say that the Final 5 is the most enjoyable sporting events I attend every year. Go Sioux!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its called entitlement hockey, the Gopher fans think they are entitled to an NCAA title.The league is run under the same mind set and hence the league lets them have the top spots at night so they can put a$$es in the seats. Thank God they don't put the 3rd place game before the Championship. Its a whole mind set. Seems like UofM is back to its old ways. Watching UofM lose in front of 18,000 fans is even sweeter. Remember they aren't all that great this year anyways.

Edited by Goon

from all this whinning, you'd think the Gophers win the Broadmoor EVERY year if it is SOOO biased in our favor.... :lol:

You have to admit that nealry every year the stars align for the Gophs - look at your recent titles. Whether it's hosting the Final 5 and/or the NCAA's, your team gets the late game and has home ice. The disadvantage for the play in teams should only be the extra game and they shouln't be penalized with a second game 14 hours later.

Its called entitlement hockey, the Gopher fans think they are entitled to an NCAA title.The league is run under the same mind set and hence the league lets them have the top spots at night so they can put a$$es in the seats. Thank God they don't put the 3rd place game before the Championship. Its a whole mind set. Seems like UofM is back to its old ways. Watching UofM lose in front of 18,000 fans is even sweeter. Remember they aren't all that great this year anyways.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want to make the case that the game times favor the Gophers, fine. But you make yourself look ignorant when you blame it on the U as if they get to pick when they play. If you have a gripe with the WCHA say so but to imply there is conspiracy is just sour grapes.

If you want to make the case that the game times favor the Gophers, fine. But you make yourself look ignorant when you blame it on the U as if they get to pick when they play. If you have a gripe with the WCHA say so but to imply there is conspiracy is just sour grapes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think that is the common thread here. i don't think that anyone is blaming the gophers. they are just the benefactors of the WCHA and NC$$ reaping the benefits of an Xcel facility. if they put the Xcel Energy Center in, say, Bemidji, then all the teams in MN, sconny and UND all have the same kind of advantage, a little tuffer for denver and cc, but you get the point. either centrally located NOT in a team's hometown, or rotate it between the larger venues throughout the league.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spoken like a true Goofer interested in watching his team compete on a even and level playing field. Your ceiling would have about the same number of banners as CC if fairness had been a league or team priority.