SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five

Smoggy

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, it must have been at Mecca where I remember JPar playing in net vs. the Gophers....

On the goalie note:  Whom do you guys think Hak will have in nets all weekend?  Rotation or stick with a solo?

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the way they made it sound, jpar will play fri and sat, and they weren't sure on sun (if nec) looking at a fatigue factor. they wanted to keep phil on top of his game in case of winning some games in the NCAA and needing the extra goalie, again for fatigue factors. maybe somebody inside with the know can correct me if needed.

OK, it must have been at Mecca where I remember JPar playing in net vs. the Gophers....

On the goalie note:  Whom do you guys think Hak will have in nets all weekend?  Rotation or stick with a solo?

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where is your goaltending situation at now?

JJ is playing pretty good right now, granted he has yet to see some "real" teams, but Tech was a good showing (Tech IS better than their record). JJ starts tonight and prolly tomorrow too. Briggs MAY be dropped in if there is a meltdown, but otherwise he may start next weekend. I hope they give KB soem icetime before they feed him to the regionals! I never really was a JJ fan, but he does seem to play good in clinch situations, so maybe we ride him for a while...but with our see-saw results lately, tending WILL the Gophs downfall this year.

WPoS

JPAR from here on out. You have to stick with one goalie when you are making a playoff run, and he is HOT right now! JPAR is definitely playing all games this weekend. It sounds like the guys really have confidence in him and that is huge. He seems confident in himself right now too.

I'd love to see it at the REA, but who is going to travel to GF to watch it? How many die hards get to go to the F5 simply because their wives can go to the MOA while they go to the games. Having the F5 at someone's home rink wouldn't be so foreign to the NCAA, Michigan seems to get toplay at Yost every other year for the NCAAs. Home ice would be nice. Did you know that we are the only team in the WCHA with an all-time winning HOME record against the Goofs

Come on WPoS, don't make it so easy.

There are no NCAA rules regarding playing sites for conference tournaments. The Final Five is a conference tournament and could be played wherever the WCHA decides to play it.

NCAA mens regional basketball tournament sites (and Final Four) must not be on-campus sites. Womens basketball and mens ice hockey regionals can be played on-campus, e.g. Mariucci this year for the NCAA West Region mens ice hockey and The Ralph next year.

The Frozen Four must be at an arena that holds more than 15000 people which means off-campus (with one or two exceptions). I'm not sure if there is a specific "off-campus" rule for the Frozen Four.

There are no NCAA rules regarding playing sites for conference tournaments. The Final Five is a conference tournament and could be played wherever the WCHA decides to play it.

NCAA mens regional basketball tournament sites (and Final Four) must not be on-campus sites. Womens basketball and mens ice hockey regionals can be played on-campus, e.g. Mariucci this year for the NCAA West Region mens ice hockey and The Ralph next year.

The Frozen Four must be at an arena that holds more than 15000 people which means off-campus (with one or two exceptions). I'm not sure if there is a specific "off-campus" rule for the Frozen Four.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks tSicatoka...What's your reasoning then, WPoS?

Actually, the NCAA has a preference for on-campus sites in their DI manual:

31.1.3.2.1 Criteria for Site Determination. The following criteria are to be used in the evaluation of sites for all competition in NCAA championships:

(a) Quality and availability of the facility and other necessary accommodations;

(b) Revenue potential (e.g., a financial guarantee or guideline that ensures fiscal responsibility and is appropriate for the particular event, as recommended by the governing sports committee and approved by the Championships/Competition Cabinet);

How many die hards get to go to the F5 simply because their wives can go to the MOA while they go to the games. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My wife doesn't go to the final five, she says she could watch fives games of hockey in 3 days. Also if she went to the MOA I would need a bigger vehicle to get home after her shopping for three days.

Kind of a crazy night in the WCHA. Every game was really a blow out with the exception of UW-UAA. Though, I don't think Denver and CC are done quite yet. Plus all the upper seads one. I thought for sure one of the lower seeds would have one tonight.

Kind of a crazy night in the WCHA.  Every game was really a blow out with the exception of UW-UAA.  Though, I don't think Denver and CC are done quite yet.  Plus all the upper seads one.  I thought for sure one of the lower seeds would have one tonight.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It only makes sense in the year where even the bottom teams have a chance to win every night, there probably won't be any upsets. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok, maybe I am wrong here, but I was told there was an NCAA rule about playing the final games in a home arena is a no-go. I have followed that "rule", if I am wrong please let me know so I don't continue spreading the wrong info.

WPoS

ok, maybe I am wrong here, but I was told there was an NCAA rule about playing the final games in a home arena is a no-go. I have followed that "rule", if I am wrong please let me know so I don't continue spreading the wrong info.

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, your credibility just went out the window...I'm only going to listen to tSicatoka from now on... :D

wow the crap you type when you are drunk! :)

Until I hear otherwise, I will yield the ice to Sic. I was told the "rule" by a BB fan after all, so I should have known better. Write it down: I was incorrect in my statement. :D

Sioux fans are good for information after all! ???

And like I ever had any cred with you guys anyway! :0

On a different note: sounds liek your guys put the hurt on tUMD last night. :D Hopefully tUMD can make a game of it yet!

Go UAA!

WPoS