SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Denver Friday Night

cowboys5xsbs

6 minutes ago, jk said:

I was most shocked that Blake was physically able to throw that hit.  Didn't know he had that ability.  I think he just really wanted to win that loose puck and clear it.  A little reminiscent of Oshie's famous hit when he and another guy were racing down the ice for the puck.  How about instead of winning the race I just drop you.  I don't even think it was a penalty.  

I was at that game!  That hit was out of nowhere....whole building went wild

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, jk said:

I was most shocked that Blake was physically able to throw that hit.  Didn't know he had that ability.  I think he just really wanted to win that loose puck and clear it.  A little reminiscent of Oshie's famous hit when he and another guy were racing down the ice for the puck.  How about instead of winning the race I just drop you.  I don't even think it was a penalty.  

Actually wish he wouldn’t have thrown it because he will certainly be a target tomorrow night, and we don’t need him injured.  But maybe Denver loses their focus by trying to repay the hit too.  Probably a good thing Carolina traded Rizzo’s rights to Philadelphia, as it would only add insult to injury if both Blake and Perron would have beaten him out of a job in Carolina.  

47 minutes ago, jk said:

And he scored at the same time.  It was incredible - and effortless for TJ….

The flat out hustle that James showed to beat 2 DU players to the puck and chip it to LJV showed that our guys just wanted it more.  That was such an incredible effort play.

Starts at about the 5:05 mark of the highlight video.

https://nchchockey.com/tv/videos/8642

The save by Perrson less than a minute later was incredibly huge too.

• Upvote 2

Witness a bit of unbiased journalism by “Let’s Go DU”:

The air went out of the building, drowned out by chants of “Let’s Go Sioux” – a relic of the past that exists only in the heads of their green-clad fans. Time ran out before Denver could solve goaltender Ludvid Persson, 7-5, final.

Denver will need a full 60-minute effort Saturday night against North Dakota to secure a split. They will be without students who are out on winter break and hear from a loud group of visiting fans who have once again invaded Magness Arena for their annual visit to civilization.

:lol:

• Upvote 2