SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

4 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

He's being sarcastic. You have officially tripled down on missing the point.

Sarcasm.  No sh&$ Sherlock.  There is no way to spin his defending bubba.  Players see it. Fans see it.  You and a few others on here are blinded that we have a saban.  ( sarcasm) Bubba is not head coach material.     Bubba can’t be defended anymore .  Yet you defend any and every opposition angle.  Why defend average so hard  ??    You are simply missing the point.   Try and back up your big mouth with any kind of stat , fact or reason why he should continue to be head coach..  I and others have laid stats and reasons why he isn’t coach worthy on this site.  You on the other hand are constantly telling people they are missing the  point.  Give me something to ponder.   

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Sarcasm.  No sh&$ Sherlock.  There is no way to spin his defending bubba.  Players see it. Fans see it.  You and a few others on here are blinded that we have a saban.  ( sarcasm) Bubba is not head coach material.     Bubba can’t be defended anymore .  Yet you defend any and every opposition angle.  Why defend average so hard  ??    You are simply missing the point.   Try and back up your big mouth with any kind of stat , fact or reason why he should continue to be head coach..  I and others have laid stats and reasons why he isn’t coach worthy on this site.  You on the other hand are constantly telling people they are missing the  point.  Give me something to ponder.   

He’s never going to be able to give you anything. He provides absolutely nothing of substance on this forum. Don’t even give him your time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

You still don't get it. I'm more than ready for Bubba to move on. I, and others, are saying the transfer portal is not a good excuse to move on from him because every coach in the country (including Saban) is dealing with it. I'm only telling you that you're missing the point. Maybe go back and read the entire conversation again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I’m not defending anyone but there has yet to be a player that left that truly surprises me. 

These are all my opinions- Two of them are going to get paid and have a chance at playing a higher level of football.  One I believe the coaches had a difficult conversation and were honest with a player.  One will transfer and likely not get as much playing time as he got here.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

You still don't get it. I'm more than ready for Bubba to move on. I, and others, are saying the transfer portal is not a good excuse to move on from him because every coach in the country (including Saban) is dealing with it. I'm only telling you that you're missing the point. Maybe go back and read the entire conversation again. 

Dude.  You will never get it.  

have to admit tho …”you’re a funny guy “. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

Dude.  You will never get it.  

have to admit tho …”you’re a funny guy “. 

Get what? That it's time to move on from Bubba? Most of us agree! Seriously, go back and read everything before you post again. It will help tremendously! 

Have a good night!

• Downvote 2

13 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Until they can figure out how to avoid getting their a$$es kicked by SDSU for the 3rd time this calendar year, it won't matter in the long run anyway.

But every playoff win NDSU gets helps with recruiting.   Whether we want to admit it or not, Bubba's lack of playoff wins hurts us.   This is what is most disappointing about Bubba is the lone win over Missery State.   That speaks volumes.

10 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I'm guessing St. Thomas as it's close to home for him. 

Isn't St Thomas non-scholly? Also not playoff eligible? I suppose if they have a grad program he wants then it might be a good fit, but if you can get some of that paid for, I'd be looking elsewhere.  Though maybe money isn't in the equation. Certainly a good program and good school.

14 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Did we play any teams this year with a poor QB in need of replacement?

Probably! but we also probably made them look like all stars. :lol:

Is Theo Day graduating? Not sure what UNI has lined up behind him. Not saying Tommy is going to UNI, but I could see that type of scenario working out. And a team like that where there is a good O-line and some play makers, he would probably fit right in. 

For all those who couldn't wait to see Tommy gone, I also wouldn't want to see him on the other side of the field either. Especially if the coach knows how to call plays to fit his strengths.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Probably! but we also probably made them look like all stars. :lol:

Is Theo Day graduating? Not sure what UNI has lined up behind him. Not saying Tommy is going to UNI, but I could see that type of scenario working out. And a team like that where there is a good O-line and some play makers, he would probably fit right in. 

For all those who couldn't wait to see Tommy gone, I also wouldn't want to see him on the other side of the field either. Especially if the coach knows how to call plays to fit his strengths.

This would be hilarious. Playing against Tommy would make for a really fun story.

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

Was hoping we’d have some transfer portal offers out by now. I get most of the good teams are still playing and lot of guys are yet to enter the portal, but a little surprising we haven’t offered anyone yet

How do we know we haven’t?

14 hours ago, shep said:

There's plenty of sentiment from 97 bike rider and his numerous alter egos and the other usual suspects that the reason players leave UND is only due to the coaches.

Meanwhile other teams lose their players because they want to get more playing time, get NIL dollars or move up from FCS to FBS. 

where have i said anything about why these guys are leaving?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Isn't St Thomas non-scholly? Also not playoff eligible? I suppose if they have a grad program he wants then it might be a good fit, but if you can get some of that paid for, I'd be looking elsewhere.  Though maybe money isn't in the equation. Certainly a good program and good school.

It is non scholarship.  I was thinking of an FCS team close to his home.  St Thomas has MBA program.  That’s where I got mine from. 

• Like 1