SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ South Dakota 11/11/2023

SiouxFan100

8 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Exactly. I remember the 360 guys say that Danny just runs his plays ....he doesn't care or pay attention to what the defense is doing or how they are playing him. Seems like a horrible trait of an offensive coordinator,  to not see that there are 6 guys in the box and you can run on them but you send in multiple 1 yard pass plays. 

Best example to contradict this mentality is Pat Shurmur and Case Keenum. Pat adjusted his offense to work with his tool, rather than trying to force his tools to do something they weren't capable of.

Bottom line is if Danny sticks to the run, we win this game. We would have had points in the first rather than throwing the INT (whether it be a TD or FG) and we would have had a much better chance at the end of the game. USD was making some stops, but not consistently. You have strong run blockers on the O line and chose to throw the ball into the flats and try to run around the edge. PxP and the commentator called it, USD was ranked as a top tackling team. We hadn't beat them in space all game, what did he think was going to change?

Just now, Kab said:

Some of the PI calls would never be called in FBS games 

Maybe, but thats not a game anyone can totally blame on officiating. I'd be more concerned with the missed holding calls, but still.

And if they are going to call BS PI calls, then maybe we need to take some shots and see if we can get them too.

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

To be fair, hockey hasn't done anything special since 2016. But I agree, pitting one program against another isn't helpful.

Exactly, we need to focus on getting all our programs going in the right direction.  When your fan base has little confidence you can win on the road, that’s a problem that needs to be addressed by more than just coach speak.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

He’s upset, we can let it slide. This one time.

Haha, he's a pouty child that throws a tantrum when things don't go his way.  :D

That being said, I'm pissed about this loss. But I'm more pissed at the football team (ahem, football coaches)

• Upvote 1

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Maybe, but thats not a game anyone can totally blame on officiating. I'd be more concerned with the missed holding calls, but still.

And if they are going to call BS PI calls, then maybe we need to take some shots and see if we can get them too.

For sure, the fact that we don’t throw deep hinders us in so many ways. Get a dual threat quarterback with the threat to throw deep opens up our running and short passing game that much more.

9 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Not sure that is called for, but whatever. I'm pissed that football lost too, but wtf does that have to do with people liking hockey.

They aren't wrong, at least that program hasn't had perennial letdowns. Some, but not nearly what we have had to deal with in football.

Not called for? I don’t like hockey. I’m supported by the majority of the country, I feel reassured by that.