SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ South Dakota 11/11/2023

SiouxFan100

4 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

29 runs and 24 passes.  3.3 yards per rush.  It wasn’t like we were gashing them with the run either.

No one is giving credit to the USD defense. They have only given up 16 ppg for a reason…….. because they are really good. Many offenses struggled against this defense 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Lost by 4 points to the number 6 team in the country. Back off the F N ledge

this loss sucks because of all the points we left on the field and because we should have won this game but the season isn’t over. Still can make the playoffs and get some wins . Seed would’ve been nice but we would all still be pissed if we lose our first game in the playoffs.

Can we not expect some sort of step forward with this program? Let’s just accept 7-4 and a first round playoff exit? It’s been 10 years and some point a game like this has to be a W. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

No one is giving credit to the USD defense. They have only given up 16 ppg for a reason…….. because they are really good. Many offenses struggled against this defense 

Good coaches figure out a way to beat good defenses 

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Do you read? I already said you're not an idiot, just sick of your same old BS.

Also recognized that someone may bring up hockey because they want to see a team that wins. UND has definitely had some down years with hockey, but I don't think you even want to compare program success; even in the past ten years. Besides you don't need to like hockey, you also don't need to bash on it in a football thread.

Again, thanks for calling me an idiot. Personal attacks … basically indicating you’ve ran out of logical points to debate. Again, thanks. 

Also, you’re misinformed. UND football and hockey have both won games over the past 5 years of basically equal significance. And hockey is an inferior sport to football. Country’s popular opinion. 

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Mediocrity … for a very long time. Not fun.

Truth is we are aligned with our frustrations. It definitely sucks to watch this program consistently trip over itself.

I'd argue that we have actually improved our recruiting (still need more and better), but we can't get out of our own way with other stupid stuff. 

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

This game wasn’t mediocrity, that would be our last 3 games. The USD defense is legit, that’s why this game is an exception 

Sure, I’m talking the overall trajectory. UND wins the games they’re supposed to win and loses the games they’re supposed to lose. They’re average … mediocre. 

I want to appologies, I care about UND athletics as much as anyone. I often heard so many people say while I was in college that only the hockey program matters. I hate loses like this, becuase I know that only straightens that view. I was super inpressed by the defense today. I just wish the team would give the only hockey fans a reason to support the other teams on campus.  Too many people in Grand Forks and across the country talk about NDSU football and I am tired of it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Again, thanks for calling me an idiot. Personal attacks … basically indicating you’ve ran out of logical points to debate. Again, thanks. 

Also, you’re misinformed. UND football and hockey have both won games over the past 5 years of basically equal significance. And hockey is an inferior sport to football. Country’s popular opinion. 

DUDE, READ! I've already apologized twice. Just get sick of some of your same BS on here. Enough already!

And fine, if you think hockey blows, don't watch it. I personally like it, as do all the other fans packing the Ralph and paying for NCHC subscriptions. Who the hell cares? I'm not a huge fan of pro soccer, but the rest of the world sure loves that. Who cares?

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

DUDE, READ! I've already apologized twice. Just get sick of some of your same BS on here. Enough already!

And fine, if you think hockey blows, don't watch it. I personally like it, as do all the other fans packing the Ralph and paying for NCHC subscriptions. Who the hell cares? I'm not a huge fan of pro soccer, but the rest of the world sure loves that. Who cares?

Whoever doesn't cheer for both is missing out.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Honestly, the fact hockey was even brought up in this thread is embarrassing. Sorry to even carry it forward; I wasn’t the first to mention it. No one should be calling people idiots. There are other terms thrown around too; just need to move on and not dwell.

Anyways, today’s results were predictable, so we’ll all move on, but the overall direction of the football program right now should not be acceptable.

7 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

yep.. they are very good.. particularly when you try to run a bunch of short little passes to the outside.  They had great speed and clean tackling on our little outside plays.  This game was there for the taking if we kept running up the middle..  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Which makes you wonder why our defense is continually giving up 2nd and 3rd downs of 15-20 yards.

• Upvote 1